Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

rswallen
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 18:41   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Add a SetTransmit hook on the healthbar and use cookies to decide whether to transmit or not?
Sounds simple enough
darkboy245
Old 07-21-2014 , 19:00   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Can someone help me/ tell me where can I change the overheal settings? I want to make the overheal higher than its now.. I'll be glad for some help.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2014 , 20:16   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
Add a SetTransmit hook on the healthbar and use cookies to decide whether to transmit or not?
Entities like monster_resource can't be SetTransmitted, IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy245 View Post
Can someone help me/ tell me where can I change the overheal settings? I want to make the overheal higher than its now..
You mean, how much Medics can overheal? The hidden cvar tf_max_health_boost should control that. You can change it using sm_cvar.
Old 08-13-2014 , 14:26   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Could anyone please explain to me why Demoman's Grenade Launchers were nerfed? They were perfectly fine and multiple people agree with me that he should be reverted to having full crits instead of minicrits.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2014 , 19:22   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEskimoMan View Post
Could anyone please explain to me why Demoman's Grenade Launchers were nerfed? They were perfectly fine and multiple people agree with me that he should be reverted to having full crits instead of minicrits.
Because full crits made grenade launch way better than the Stickybombs which is his signature weapon.......

Last edited by nergal; 08-13-2014 at 19:23.
Windle
Old 08-13-2014 , 19:33   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
What version is this with? 1.42 or 1.46? The Demo seems to be getting Full Crits with his Grenades when he has his Shield equipped on my 1.42 server.

Last edited by Windle; 08-13-2014 at 19:34.
Send a message via MSN to Windle
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2014 , 02:52   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
The server owner must've not noticed that there was a cvar added to re-enable full crits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Here's the two that were added:
hale_hp_display (Default: 1) - 1 = Display health on hud always, 0 = don't display health
hale_shield_crits (Default: 0) - 1 = demo shield grants crits, 0 = demo shield grants minicrits

The reason this nerf was made available is because on servers that don't run tauntcrits/etc, he simply has access to much higher DPS than any other class other than spy or sniper or special combos like heavy+medic. Look at scout soldier and pyro, all offensive, yet none of them sport as much survivability or even damage as a demoman with 4 heads. Good soldiers or pyros can get like 1k damage while constantly attacking. A scout that's really good can get 1k without crit-a-cola and around 3k with it but that's very rare. A good demoman can consistently get 5k-6k, which is on tier with snipers and spy, except demoman also has ridiculous survivability with how many hits he can take, and having almost scout speed.

Of course, in VSH demoman's role doesn't have to be "defensive" like in normal TF2. You can still do a lot of damage with minicrits and good aim. You're just not as drastically above all other classes anymore, or even your own sticky bombs. If anything, demoman has been way buffed in the hands of good players by making demoboots reduce fall damage like a soldier. No more BS fall damage kills after being knocked back if you go the sticky route means his ridiculous survivability has become even more annoying.

And of course, players will always say things that are strong are good and balanced. Just look at certain "p2w" server groups out there.

Spy's being looked at too, but I'm too lazy to try out fiagram's suggestion.

Last edited by Chdata; 08-14-2014 at 04:11.
Spyper
Old 08-16-2014 , 12:35   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
The server owner must've not noticed that there was a cvar added to re-enable full crits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hale_shield_crits (Default: 0) - 1 = demo shield grants crits, 0 = demo shield grants minicrits

The reason this nerf was made available is because on servers that don't run tauntcrits/etc, he simply has access to much higher DPS than any other class other than spy or sniper or special combos like heavy+medic. Look at scout soldier and pyro, all offensive, yet none of them sport as much survivability or even damage as a demoman with 4 heads. Good soldiers or pyros can get like 1k damage while constantly attacking. A scout that's really good can get 1k without crit-a-cola and around 3k with it but that's very rare. A good demoman can consistently get 5k-6k, which is on tier with snipers and spy, except demoman also has ridiculous survivability with how many hits he can take, and having almost scout speed.

Of course, in VSH demoman's role doesn't have to be "defensive" like in normal TF2. You can still do a lot of damage with minicrits and good aim. You're just not as drastically above all other classes anymore, or even your own sticky bombs. If anything, demoman has been way buffed in the hands of good players by making demoboots reduce fall damage like a soldier. No more BS fall damage kills after being knocked back if you go the sticky route means his ridiculous survivability has become even more annoying.

And of course, players will always say things that are strong are good and balanced. Just look at certain "p2w" server groups out there.

Spy's being looked at too, but I'm too lazy to try out fiagram's suggestion.
Yes minicrits instead of crits are just insane, Even when hale is noob you can do 3-4k max damage with critic
Scout can do 6k damage with goomba stomp (1500-2000 damage each goomba stomp )Without gomba scout can still do 2/2.5k damage.

Hale will kill demoman (with a shiled) in 2 attack or 3 (A demo with 4 heads,if halecrit is off)
With crit hale will kill demo in 2 attacks anyway (605 damage)
When crit is on If Grenade Launchers bombs hit hale it do 300 damage If miss it do 100 damage
Hale had a superjump which he/she can use every in 5 seconds, makes demomen job harder

Last edited by Spyper; 08-16-2014 at 12:59.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2014 , 16:14   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyper View Post
Yes minicrits instead of crits are just insane, Even when hale is noob you can do 3-4k max damage with critic
Scout can do 6k damage with goomba stomp (1500-2000 damage each goomba stomp )Without gomba scout can still do 2/2.5k damage.

Hale will kill demoman (with a shiled) in 2 attack or 3 (A demo with 4 heads,if halecrit is off)
With crit hale will kill demo in 2 attacks anyway (605 damage)
When crit is on If Grenade Launchers bombs hit hale it do 300 damage If miss it do 100 damage
Hale had a superjump which he/she can use every in 5 seconds, makes demomen job harder
Yea, that's why I made it an option.

Also any good demoman can consistently get 6-7k damage with crit grenades. 3k if it's a good/pro Hale or halecrits on. Compared to most other classes barely touching 1.5k. Especially on servers that don't use taunt crits or have their goomba set to overpowered amounts. A good spy... 10k-15k damage consistently.

Hale superjump doesn't make demoman's job harder - demo is already the strongest class other than spy. And if the Hale does superjump constantly, than aside from snipers if they aren't killed first, he is the strongest class. I guess the demomen on your server aren't as pro as the ones I play with daily, but it's silly when every day everyone spams demoman class and gets 6k damage each which no other class can do without as much effort, work, or risk.

Of course if your server runs taunt crits, there's no reason for it not to be crits.

Last edited by Chdata; 08-16-2014 at 16:20.
Spyper
Old 08-16-2014 , 18:37   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Yea, that's why I made it an option.

Also any good demoman can consistently get 6-7k damage with crit grenades. 3k if it's a good/pro Hale or halecrits on. Compared to most other classes barely touching 1.5k. Especially on servers that don't use taunt crits or have their goomba set to overpowered amounts. A good spy... 10k-15k damage consistently.

Hale superjump doesn't make demoman's job harder - demo is already the strongest class other than spy. And if the Hale does superjump constantly, than aside from snipers if they aren't killed first, he is the strongest class. I guess the demomen on your server aren't as pro as the ones I play with daily, but it's silly when every day everyone spams demoman class and gets 6k damage each which no other class can do without as much effort, work, or risk.

Of course if your server runs taunt crits, there's no reason for it not to be crits.
My server runs Metal Regen (+ 50 for each 5 seconds)
Taunt Crits (6 seconds)
Goomba Stop (it does 1500-2000 damage)
Class Limits (3 Engi 4 Demoman 5 Heavy 4 Scout 3 Spy)
Result: Noob hale takes 3k-5k from demomen 2.5-5k from engi (5-10k from a good spy)
Pro Hale : 1.2k (sometimes 2.5k) from a demomen 2k-2.5k from an engi (3k-6k from a good spy)
Values are changes by how good/bad players are.
If hale is pro on superjump he can easily goomba stomp others.

Last edited by Spyper; 08-16-2014 at 18:39.
Closed Thread