Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30)

Post New Thread Reply   

splewis
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2014 , 22:16   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #41

Question for people following this: what do you think about multiple ratings?

I used to have 1 rating field, 1 awp field, 1 pistol field, and 1 rifle field.

It appeared the exact same way to the user (only the overall rating was displayed), but it was nice for the leaderboards to show top awpers, for example. While I'm making backwards incompatible changes for the next release, it'd be a great time to add it :p
Old 06-19-2014 , 22:20   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
Question for people following this: what do you think about multiple ratings?

I used to have 1 rating field, 1 awp field, 1 pistol field, and 1 rifle field.

It appeared the exact same way to the user (only the overall rating was displayed), but it was nice for the leaderboards to show top awpers, for example. While I'm making backwards incompatible changes for the next release, it'd be a great time to add it :p
Go for it. Will it be just number of kills with said weapon or some sort of rating which would tie in the the main rating?

splewis
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2014 , 00:03   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv9unknown View Post
Go for it. Will it be just number of kills with said weapon or some sort of rating which would tie in the the main rating?
I calculated it the same way as the main rating, though it doesn't necessarily affect the main rating at all. I.e., when you win an awp round both the main rating and awp rating do the same update (but with the appropriate rating value for the player).
Old 06-20-2014 , 00:37   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.0, 2014-5-26)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Good point, I'll fix it shortly.

I experimented with bots, but found they wouldn't act intelligently at all on the multi-arena maps, so I decided it wasn't worth the effort. You can just remove IsFakeClient from a few places and get some bots. I thought about having a bot in the bottom arena if there are an odd # of players, but that's a bit trickier.
You probably didn't nav_mark_walkable all the arenas so it didn't generate navmeshes for them in every arena.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2014 , 23:20   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.0, 2014-5-26)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
You probably didn't nav_mark_walkable all the arenas so it didn't generate navmeshes for them in every arena.
I did not, that was probably it.

I'm pretty happy with the current state, so I might be calling the next release 1.0.0. Here's roughly what will change (the actual changenotes will give explanations for some removals):

- remove sm_multi1v1_minrounds cvar (the one that removed some players from the database, was a bad idea)
- add lastTime column to the table to track last time a player connected (I'll give a command to run to update the table)
- fixed some bad default cvar values
- players with under 15 rounds are considered "unranked", so their rating is not displayed, but they gain/lose rating the same way and change by a factor of 4.0. Their games don't affect "ranked" played
- cvar to block radio commands
- rating changes occur as soon as an arena is decided (so you can't leave when you die to avoid losing rating)
- dv9unknown's stats website implementation should be packaged with the release as well
- builtin !stats/!rank commands that go to a website url named in a cvar

Nothing radical, but the table changes are backwards-incompatible so I won't be releasing the newer version under the updater stuff. I will probably create a temp 0.3.3 that does a LogError informing the owner of 1.0.0's existence.

I'm also thinking about tracking #wins in arena 1 and adding a field for that as well. I'm trying to get anything database or backwards-incompatible out of the way now. I have some other stuff I can do in the future that won't cause update issues.

Last edited by splewis; 06-21-2014 at 23:25.
SPYderman
Old 06-22-2014 , 23:19   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.0, 2014-5-26)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
I did not, that was probably it.

I'm pretty happy with the current state, so I might be calling the next release 1.0.0. Here's roughly what will change (the actual changenotes will give explanations for some removals):

- remove sm_multi1v1_minrounds cvar (the one that removed some players from the database, was a bad idea)
- add lastTime column to the table to track last time a player connected (I'll give a command to run to update the table)
- fixed some bad default cvar values
- players with under 15 rounds are considered "unranked", so their rating is not displayed, but they gain/lose rating the same way and change by a factor of 4.0. Their games don't affect "ranked" played
- cvar to block radio commands
- rating changes occur as soon as an arena is decided (so you can't leave when you die to avoid losing rating)
- dv9unknown's stats website implementation should be packaged with the release as well
- builtin !stats/!rank commands that go to a website url named in a cvar

Nothing radical, but the table changes are backwards-incompatible so I won't be releasing the newer version under the updater stuff. I will probably create a temp 0.3.3 that does a LogError informing the owner of 1.0.0's existence.

I'm also thinking about tracking #wins in arena 1 and adding a field for that as well. I'm trying to get anything database or backwards-incompatible out of the way now. I have some other stuff I can do in the future that won't cause update issues.
Looks sweet. I'm going to do what you suggested to the other guy and remove IsFakeClient from some areas (being me and my newbieness, everywhere) and see if I can't get bots working. Of course, that comes after procrastinating. If you care, I'll let you know if it works.
The Ghanta King
Old 06-24-2014 , 06:50   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #47

Code:
srcds -game csgo -console -usercon -maxplayers 16 -tickrate 128 +exec server.cfg +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +host_workshop_collection 249376192 +host_workshop_map 249367684 -authkey XXX
is the above command set right?

PS: Its my first time making a server so not a complete idea what to do :c

Also do you guys use any specific plugins along with this for a better experience?

Last edited by The Ghanta King; 06-24-2014 at 07:02.
redf0x
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2014 , 09:58   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghanta King View Post
Code:
srcds -game csgo -console -usercon -maxplayers 16 -tickrate 128 +exec server.cfg +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +host_workshop_collection 249376192 +host_workshop_map 249367684 -authkey XXX
is the above command set right?

PS: Its my first time making a server so not a complete idea what to do :c

Also do you guys use any specific plugins along with this for a better experience?
Here's my cmdline and it works:
-game csgo -console -nowatchdog -usercon -tickrate 128 +ip 23.19.xxx.xx -port 27015 -maxplayers_override 16 +game_mode 1 +game_type 0 -authkey xxx +host_workshop_collection 249376192 +workshop_start_map 249367684 +tv_port 27215 +tv_maxclients 10 -condebug

As for plugins,AFK manager is nice:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=708265

Last edited by redf0x; 06-24-2014 at 09:59.
The Ghanta King
Old 06-24-2014 , 10:44   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by redf0x View Post
Here's my cmdline and it works:
-game csgo -console -nowatchdog -usercon -tickrate 128 +ip 23.19.xxx.xx -port 27015 -maxplayers_override 16 +game_mode 1 +game_type 0 -authkey xxx +host_workshop_collection 249376192 +workshop_start_map 249367684 +tv_port 27215 +tv_maxclients 10 -condebug

As for plugins,AFK manager is nice:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=708265
No matter what i do the map is de_dust
maRoff
Old 06-24-2014 , 17:27   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.3.2, 2014-6-05)
Reply With Quote #50

If you can't change to workshop map delete this files from FTP and restart server

Code:
subscribed_collection_ids.txt
subscribed_file_ids.txt
ugc_collection_cache.txt