Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Valve's request to CS:GO community owners

Post New Thread Reply   

VeMi
Old 07-08-2015 , 01:11   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #11

I also find it extremly funny that you could have a custom skin in CSS and Valve didnt EVER for over 10 years give two craps, but when real money is involved they feel suddenly that "players are confused to whats real and whats not". Hahaha yeah right

Last edited by VeMi; 07-08-2015 at 01:11.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-08-2015 , 01:14   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
As they said, they are "asking" for us to remove them, but they never said that they will force us to remove them, so i guess we'll have alot more time before this happend?

And, what exactly happend in TF2, Valve forced everyone to remove the "hat" plugin?
In TF2, attempting to parent an entity to a player makes the entity invisible. Same if you try to give them a hat via the game's GiveNamedItem command.
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 02:54   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #13

It's about time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
More or less, I'm just sitting here shaking my head at their responses, not only to me (trying their hardest to justify to me why fake knife plugins are ok), but to Vitaliy's letter in general.
Agreed.
Old 07-08-2015 , 04:02   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeMi View Post
I also find it extremly funny that you could have a custom skin in CSS and Valve didnt EVER for over 10 years give two craps, but when real money is involved they feel suddenly that "players are confused to whats real and whats not". Hahaha yeah right
Valves decision makes perfect sense and I don't know why they didn't do this before.
CSGO skins is a source of money for Valve and so ofcourse they will care about players circumventing having to pay for them.

Why should players feel the need to pay money for weapon skins when there are loads of servers out there that pretty much give them to you for free as long as you stay on their server.
And yea sure some of these skins might not be made by Valve but it can still cut in to Valves market because why should I pay money for a skin when I can get a free one ?

Basically its like if a company that made a game with modding capabilities decide to release some DLC and then someone releases a mod that enables the use of the DLC without the players needing to pay for it, would that be an okay thing to do ? No definitely no

Last edited by NiQu; 07-08-2015 at 04:08.
36crazy
Old 07-08-2015 , 04:55   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #15

I understand why they would like to remove any skin or knife plugins but whats wrong with ranks? It just doesn't make sense.
irepz
Old 07-08-2015 , 05:01   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #16

The amount of players which are joining my servers, typing !ws or !knife and instant leaving (i disabled both some hours ago) is just insane ...
Old 07-08-2015 , 05:11   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeMi View Post
This is totally different situation. CS:S skins were client sided, priceless and without market trading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irepz View Post
The amount of players which are joining my servers, typing !ws or !knife and instant leaving (i disabled both some hours ago) is just insane ...
There you see how "rotten" many CS:GO players are.
Stop playing on server, just because I don't have a weapon skin or knife on said server... That's just childish and I hope Valve/SM will somehow disable changing weapons skins and knives, otherwise there will be servers exploiting this at the expense of other servers.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 05:14   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
I've been commenting on the Reddit thread and I'm honestly appalled by the CS:GO community's whining responses to this. It's like they're a bunch of 13 year old boys whose secret stash of Hustler magazines just got confiscated by their mothers.
LOL.

Also technically in TF2 you can grant economy items and devalue other players' items. You have to just keep your server out of quickplay and matchmaking if you do this. Then regardless of what you do, you're still within Valve's rules.

However the problem is, greedy server owners didn't want to play by the rules and put all their cancer on quickplay since it gets most traffic, which is why Valve nerfed it across the board (I don't blame them). But messing with and devaluing economy items (like modifying attributes on them) is legal if your server isn't getting quickplay or matchmaking traffic.

As much as I don't like the attachables nerf TF2 got (it breaks some game modes, which can be worked around if they loosened the attachables check a bit), it really needs to be effect, especially in a game like CSGO.

And like KissLick said, there's no point in Valve kindly asking server owners to remove plugins. There will be rotten servers that will ignore Valve's wishes and continue to sell out economy items for donor benefits.

If anything, and assuming Valve learns from TF2's experience (psychonic said that the TF and CSGO teams are discussing ideas ever since gun mettle), you all should take this as a 100% certain "heads up, we're gonna nerf attachables in CSGO soon, just wait and see!"

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-08-2015 at 05:20.
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-08-2015 , 05:31   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #19

I never used such plugins because I felt it was wrong against Valve business and someday they would do something against it.

Now they've stated that they might do, I really hope this would be server bans and not something that might harm modding.
PersianMG
Old 07-08-2015 , 06:43   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
I never used such plugins because I felt it was wrong against Valve business and someday they would do something against it.

Now they've stated that they might do, I really hope this would be server bans and not something that might harm modding.
I don't think they will rewrite any code just to fix this issue.
They will simply just blacklist servers that don't comply with their rules.