Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How to turn off player id display over teammates' heads?

Post New Thread Reply   

Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-03-2013 , 19:54   How to turn off player id display over teammates' heads?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_ View Post
I guess SendProxy manager is not compatible with CS:GO
But there is a default ConVar for deathmatch mode, which is enables FFA (I think), called mp_teammates_are_enemies
Try this. If you'll have some problems with it, explain, and I'll try to make FFA plugin for CS:GO (if one is not exist yet)
Could you, in theory, extend this in CSGO to forcibly show player ids when in spectate? The convar mentioned can be used to make all players glow when in spectate but you can't tell players apart without scrolling through first person views.
jermin
Old 07-03-2013 , 23:25   Re: How to turn off player id display over teammates' heads?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_ View Post
I guess SendProxy manager is not compatible with CS:GO
But there is a default ConVar for deathmatch mode, which is enables FFA (I think), called mp_teammates_are_enemies
Try this. If you'll have some problems with it, explain, and I'll try to make FFA plugin for CS:GO (if one is not exist yet)
I have already had mp_teammates_are_enemies enabled. But the player names and arrows above teammates' heads are still there.

Please go on with your FFA plugin for CS:GO!

I use Snip3r's deathmatch plugin but its development has been off for a long time. And its FFA mode causes another problem: killing a teammate will be recorded as three kills on the scoreboard.
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2013 , 05:49   Re: How to turn off player id display over teammates' heads?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
But the player names and arrows above teammates' heads are still there.
That's normal. valve decided to do that (I have no idea why, but since FFA convar is implemented, its normal behaviour)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
And its FFA mode causes another problem: killing a teammate will be recorded as three kills on the scoreboard.
It's not hard to fix.... I'll post fix for this in DM thread, because I wont revient a wheel

EDIT: Jargon https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1915130

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot

Last edited by Root_; 07-06-2013 at 06:09.
jermin
Old 07-06-2013 , 15:24   Re: How to turn off player id display over teammates' heads?
Reply With Quote #14

Awesome, Root! Your modified deathmatch plugin works like a charm!

Not an issue of your plugin, but do you know why the maxplayer of my server is reduced by the setting of bot_quota in it whenever bots are added?

In my FFA server, I have bot_quota set at 10 and bot_quota_mode set to fill using this plugin. But whenever there is a bot in the server, the maxplayer of my server displayed in the server browser will drop by 10.

Do you know how to fix this?

Last edited by jermin; 07-06-2013 at 15:25.
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2013 , 15:39   Re: How to turn off player id display over teammates' heads?
Reply With Quote #15

jermin, very nice
I dont deal with bots (and CS:GO actually, I making plugins only for DoD:S), so you'd better ask another person about this

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot