Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

So what happened to the dev community?

Post New Thread Reply   

Brrdy
Old 03-16-2015 , 14:04   So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #1

Well as I look through things there is TONS of things for CSS,GMOD, and TF2 all oldish games. Now, I look at CS:GO there I think is probably half if not half way less than half as many people coding for them. Same with models,etc. Have people just given up or what?
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-16-2015 , 14:07   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #2

CSGO sucks.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2015 , 14:36   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #3

Too many people get funnelled into MM, also the server browser is still the version from 1990, resetting all filters etc.
Moreover, Valve doesn't give a f* about commmunity servers anymore (from what we have noticed in TF2 too).
~lick~
Old 03-16-2015 , 14:37   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
CSGO sucks.
To go further in detail of why it sucks is because 75% of the community launches cs:go and goes straight to surf or competitive. Some go to the major minigames of climb, bhop, etc. No one really looks for the custom gamemodes as much.
As far as modding for cs:go it's not as bad as people make it seem, I am still able to make quite a few custom things in csgo, it's not as bad as other make it.
Brrdy
Old 03-16-2015 , 14:49   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
To go further in detail of why it sucks is because 75% of the community launches cs:go and goes straight to surf or competitive. Some go to the major minigames of climb, bhop, etc. No one really looks for the custom gamemodes as much.
As far as modding for cs:go it's not as bad as people make it seem, I am still able to make quite a few custom things in csgo, it's not as bad as other make it.
Aww I see. So basically the match making is just the primary ¨bad thing¨ Like not bad but in a sense of people are primarily not looking for fun little matches like they do purely on CSS/etc
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2015 , 15:07   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #6

There were never a "community" at least not alike source/tf2/1.6 in csgo because of the matchmaking and poor support for community in the early beta where they did not give a shit for a long time with their lobby errors that community server had. People mainly surf/jump to improve their movement in the game which can help allot in competitive and that about it.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2015 , 15:10   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #7

My experience is quite different from what people have posted here. New "gamemodes" with a more competitive-mindset are quite popular.
Old 03-16-2015 , 15:12   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
My experience is quite different from what people have posted here. New "gamemodes" with a more competitive-mindset are quite popular.
Nothing to compare with css where you had 50 choice of active gungames server for example. There were just no limit and there were so many server for specific map with specific mod and you could just chose w.e. you wanted and play with active people all the time.

That true the 1v1 arena mod is quiete popular but there is like 3 servers and 2 of them are active and sometime not at all at some time/hour

Last edited by Mathias.; 03-16-2015 at 15:13.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2015 , 15:58   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post
Nothing to compare with css where you had 50 choice of active gungames server for example. There were just no limit and there were so many server for specific map with specific mod and you could just chose w.e. you wanted and play with active people all the time.

That true the 1v1 arena mod is quiete popular but there is like 3 servers and 2 of them are active and sometime not at all at some time/hour
Maybe that's true. I think it has more to do with Valve making the more-competitive side of CS more accessible, rather than "not supporting custom content". It's always been better, it was just far less accessible than now. I'm quite happy with how the game has progressed, myself.
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-17-2015 , 18:01   Re: So what happened to the dev community?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
[...]As far as modding for cs:go it's not as bad as people make it seem, I am still able to make quite a few custom things in csgo, it's not as bad as other make it.
Actually this is my reason. It is that bad. Working with valve/valve working against us is bad either way, but it's significantly worse for csgo. Only upside is that you can make clients download and precache particle files properly without having to embed them into a map.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.