Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2013 , 21:12   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Strange... it could be that you're missing some models or sounds or something, possibly.

Question for everyone: Currently, bosses that rage receive stun immunity for about 4 seconds. Should this be changed, and if so, to what?
1) Leave it as-is
2) Using rage removes any current stun but does not prevent subsequent stun
3) Using rage does not remove current stun but does prevent subsequent stun
4) Using rage has no bearing on stuns, and you're pretty much screwed if a Huntsman Sniper has you in his clutches

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
loranger
Old 04-27-2013 , 03:07   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

I vote for #2
Fragancia
Old 04-27-2013 , 09:51   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Strange... it could be that you're missing some models or sounds or something, possibly.

Question for everyone: Currently, bosses that rage receive stun immunity for about 4 seconds. Should this be changed, and if so, to what?
1) Leave it as-is
2) Using rage removes any current stun but does not prevent subsequent stun
3) Using rage does not remove current stun but does prevent subsequent stun
4) Using rage has no bearing on stuns, and you're pretty much screwed if a Huntsman Sniper has you in his clutches
2 is pretty much the best choice outta the 4, imo

And since we are discussing the rage I have a question about it: is it any possible way to implement for classes except scout to be able to jump and crouch jump while stunned by rage like the heavy can?
It would make being raged more bearable imo

Last edited by Fragancia; 04-27-2013 at 09:57.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2013 , 15:03   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

@flamin: with most, multiple people want multiple choices. Make it an option if its not too much work. If you are going to put a seperate file for the tf2items, perhaps you can put something for that in there aswell.

I would still like to see something to reduce/remove/set damage on the stomps hale does because we really have some jumping maniacs which only just jump and stomp, jump and stomp.

Anyways, in the topic for the sm_evilrocket there is a updated version people can use. You can set the health for it to !rocketme, this is something people always used to get away from a sniper that taunts people. So in our case if someone ubers a sniper we need 3 people. 2 to block him in a hallway, 3rth to sit on top of him ;)

Talking too much again ;p
Old 04-27-2013 , 22:16   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Regarding other classes being able to jump (as well as melee, hehe) while stunned, I think Valve implemented it as balance, the heavy is a frigging snail when he's stunned haha, but yeah it would be damn decent if other classes could jump.

And #2 option is by far the best, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: By the way, is there any way to balance out the invis watch? Razorstab animation makes it on par with dead ringer now in terms of being unable to cloak ;-;

Last edited by bottleboy; 04-27-2013 at 22:18.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2013 , 19:09   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

I vote for 2, or an option.
Old 04-28-2013 , 19:54   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Sarge, if you remember my question on making ubers give infinite clip ammo; I'd like to retort that; wouldn't it put an unnecessarily large workload on you to enable power canteens, and then have them refill ammo? as compared to making ubers give infinite clip ammo to help mitigate the abundance of lack of ammo enough for an army?

Last edited by nergal; 04-28-2013 at 19:55.
Fragancia
Old 04-29-2013 , 07:34   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleboy View Post
EDIT: By the way, is there any way to balance out the invis watch? Razorstab animation makes it on par with dead ringer now in terms of being unable to cloak ;-;
It is considered balanced since they both have a delay 2 secs after backstabbing and they both can soak up 1-2 hits.

Last edited by Fragancia; 04-29-2013 at 07:35.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2013 , 08:26   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Heavies being able to jump/etc while stunned actually seems like a bug carried over from where Heavies are able to rev while stunned (they can also throw sandwiches and punch while stunned, which means it looks like Valve just hooked up every attack to do altfire instead).
Not sure how to get it on other classes, but I'll try.

As Fragnacia points out, the two types of spy cloaks are already balanced. Both allow you to survive 2 hits, and if you'd read the notes carefully, bottleboy, you'd have seen where the balances take place.

nergal: making the refill ammo canteen work is actually MUCH MUCH easier than setting infinite clip when ubered (and is less stressful on the server, actually).

I'll try something for stomp damage (maybe I can even get it working with the stomp attribute so that instead of just 3x, you can set the amount of damage stomps do just by what value the attribute has).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-30-2013 , 09:21   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

[QUOTE=FlaminSarge;1942823]Heavies being able to jump/etc while stunned actually seems like a bug carried over from where Heavies are able to rev while stunned (they can also throw sandwiches and punch while stunned, which means it looks like Valve just hooked up every attack to do altfire instead).
Not sure how to get it on other classes, but I'll try.

As Fragnacia points out, the two types of spy cloaks are already balanced. Both allow you to survive 2 hits, and if you'd read the notes carefully, bottleboy, you'd have seen where the balances take place.

nergal: making the refill ammo canteen work is actually MUCH MUCH easier than setting infinite clip when ubered (and is less stressful on the server, actually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I'll try something for stomp damage (maybe I can even get it working with the stomp attribute so that instead of just 3x, you can set the amount of damage stomps do just by what value the attribute has).
We can just update the damage in player_hurt or OnTakeDamage, since the custom attribute for both will be TF_CUSTOM_BOOTS_STOMP. Actually, we're already doing that when the player is a boss...