Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30)

Post New Thread Reply   

dv9unknown
Old 08-08-2014 , 20:01   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #221

Welp, it seemed to be a problem with my webhost.

Sketchy
Old 08-11-2014 , 01:50   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #222

While I think the !stats command pulling up a MotD window is fine, I think that !rank should simply output the info into chat instead, like most !rank commands. Ie, type !rank and in chat it should say something (more or less) like:

Sketchy is rank 485/1521, (1422.6) W168 L200 0.84%
or even just
Sketchy is rank 485/1521, (1422.6)

Anything at all sorta like that.

Last edited by Sketchy; 08-11-2014 at 01:56.
Sketchy
Old 08-11-2014 , 02:09   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #223

Oh, I also think it would possibly make for some cool maps if instead of having 1 arena mirrored 16 times, you had 8-16 arenas mirrored 1 or 2 times each, especially if the arena #'s were randomized instead of 1 particular arena always being arena #1. As you can probably tell, I have no idea whats possible in regards to mapping
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2014 , 15:07   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
Oh, I also think it would possibly make for some cool maps if instead of having 1 arena mirrored 16 times, you had 8-16 arenas mirrored 1 or 2 times each, especially if the arena #'s were randomized instead of 1 particular arena always being arena #1. As you can probably tell, I have no idea whats possible in regards to mapping

Well that's probably possible. But more work because you need to create 16 different arenas instead of just one. You wouldn't even need a maprotation with a map like that.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2014 , 20:24   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
While I think the !stats command pulling up a MotD window is fine, I think that !rank should simply output the info into chat instead, like most !rank commands. Ie, type !rank and in chat it should say something (more or less) like:

Sketchy is rank 485/1521, (1422.6) W168 L200 0.84%
or even just
Sketchy is rank 485/1521, (1422.6)

Anything at all sorta like that.
No plans from me to do that. I like having the extra information (awp rating, pistol rating, etc.) displayed. It'd be too much in chat.

Anyone is free to submit a pull request with a cvar that changes the behavior of the !stats command, though.

Quote:
Waste of mapping effort, imo. My long-term goal is to support maps with a single "arena", anyway. (Now, whether I can accomplish that in a reasonable timeframe is another question...)
Old 08-14-2014 , 14:43   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #226

Excellent plugin, been running it for a few weeks and everyone loves it, donation incoming (if I can just find a way to donate to you without receiving any perks)

I do have a few questions while trying to fine tune my server though,

I am having trouble getting !rank and !stats to work through your plugin... I set sm_multi1v1_stats_url "http://www.domain.com/stats.php?player=" which is how I have my PHP page configured to work, however when !stats and !rank is typed in game, MOTD does not popup, nothing happens. My DB and stats on the website are working fine, its just the MOTD shortcut doesn't seem to be working.

So I have used another plugin that is working, Webshortcuts_CSGO which works quite well for this task, but the problem is when sm_multi1v1_stats_url is not set, the notification in chat that multi1v1 stats display when I set !rank and !stats through Webshortcuts "Sorry, there is no stats website for this server." but then Webshortcuts still pops up the MOTD properly and works. And when I do set sm_multi1v1_stats_url it blocks Webshortcuts from working for those keywords.

Maybe there should be a cvar to disable !rank and !stats through the multi1v1 plugin so these keywords can be used with other plugins without interfering?

Also, feedback from many users that I see trending is they would like to see a knife only option in the !guns selection, i'm not a huge fan of that, but many others seem to be.

And on a side note, you have a few more stats on your website (AWP, Rifle, Pistol rankings) are these proprietary to your personal servers, or will they make it in the plugin as well?

Thanks!

Last edited by jer1691; 08-14-2014 at 14:50.
dv9unknown
Old 08-14-2014 , 14:46   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer1691 View Post
Excellent plugin, been running it for a few weeks and everyone loves it, donation incoming (if I can just find a way to donate to you without any perks)

I do have a few questions while trying to fine tune my server though,

I am having trouble getting !rank and !stats to work through your plugin... I set sm_multi1v1_stats_url "http://www.domain.com/stats.php?player=" which is how I have my PHP page configured to work, however when !stats and !rank is typed in game, MOTD does not popup, nothing happens. My DB and stats on the website are working fine, its just the MOTD shortcut doesn't seem to be working.

So I have used another plugin that is working, Webshortcuts_CSGO which works quite well for this task, but the problem is when sm_multi1v1_stats_url is not set, the notification in chat that multi1v1 stats display when I set !rank and !stats through Webshortcuts "Sorry, there is no stats website for this server." but then Webshortcuts still pops up the MOTD properly and works.

Maybe there should be a cvar to disable !rank and !stats through the multi1v1 plugin so these keywords can be used with other plugins without interfering?

Also, feedback from many users that I see trending is they would like to see a knife only option in the !guns selection, i'm not a huge fan of that, but many others seem to be.

And on a side note, you have a few more stats on your website (AWP, Rifle, Pistol rankings) are these proprietary to your personal servers, or will they make it in the plugin as well?

Thanks!
It should be something like this:
http://www.domain.com/redirect.php?id=

CSGO's MOTD is disabled after the player is fully loaded in the game.

jer1691
Old 08-14-2014 , 14:55   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv9unknown View Post
It should be something like this:
http://www.domain.com/redirect.php?id=

CSGO's MOTD is disabled after the player is fully loaded in the game.
http://www.domain.com/stats.php?player= AND http://www.domain.com/redirect.php?id= should technically be the same thing, it's just how I chose to set it up... unless multi1v1 requires a specific url structure, which I would hope isn't the case?

Last edited by jer1691; 08-14-2014 at 14:56.
dv9unknown
Old 08-14-2014 , 14:57   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer1691 View Post
http://www.domain.com/stats.php?player= AND http://www.domain.com/redirect.php?id= should technically be the same thing, it's just how I chose to set it up... unless multi1v1 requires a specific url structure, which I would hope isn't the case?
redirect.php opens the URL in a browser window. It pretty much does a Javascript redirect.

jer1691
Old 08-14-2014 , 15:04   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv9unknown View Post
redirect.php opens the URL in a browser window. It pretty much does a Javascript redirect.
Ah! I see what you are referring to now, this is if you are using the included web interface with the multi1v1 plugin.

I however wrote my own web interface which works quite well with the Webshortcuts plugin (which doesn't require a redirect that I know of.) I can set any keyword, url, and pass variables through the plugin through ingame chat and it opens the MOTD to any page whenever called.

But the multi1v1 rank/stats plugin is interfering with the !rank and !stats keywords that I want to use in Webshortcuts, and trips that "Sorry, there is no stats website for this server." when I don't set it.

Last edited by jer1691; 08-14-2014 at 15:08.