12% 

Climb

Post New Thread Reply   

ian.cammarata
Old 07-08-2007 , 20:41   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassiter View Post
I had to comment out the stop command in the plugin cause players would press the start button then type stop and it would give them most of the prizes when they did it.
of course it was admin testing it. I will put it back the way it was and try again to see if it works for normal players.

Admins get prizes by default, as soon as they connect. Non-admins should have to actually press the finish button to get them. If a player has earned the prizes, and they start their timer again, the stop command will give the prizes back again. If it's not working like it's supposed to please let me know.
Old 07-11-2007 , 20:48   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #12

Great Plugin!!
Good Job!!!!!

But...
There is a way to use this plugin for AMXX 1.75a?

Thanks alot!
lassiter
Old 07-11-2007 , 22:51   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #13

No problems at all. Plugin is running smooth.
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll&country=all
look for XXL. It is real easy to configure and setup other plugins to run with it. I am still working on the score thing.
ian.cammarata
Old 07-12-2007 , 01:26   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalN View Post
There is a way to use this plugin for AMXX 1.75a?
No, the code relies on a few functions that weren't added until AMXX 1.76, so it can't run on lower version without replicating those functions.
Old 07-22-2007 , 21:46   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #15

is it possible to set the top 15 like this
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=64594

but without saving checkpoint where the start and stop buttons are located? The top 15 on this seems easier to use. It also saves the top 15 the only bug I could find on it is if a player is faceing away from the start button they can cheat the top 15. if it did not save locations of the start button then cheating it would be impossible.
ian.cammarata
Old 07-22-2007 , 23:17   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassiter View Post
is it possible to set the top 15 like this
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=64594

but without saving checkpoint where the start and stop buttons are located? The top 15 on this seems easier to use. It also saves the top 15 the only bug I could find on it is if a player is faceing away from the start button they can cheat the top 15. if it did not save locations of the start button then cheating it would be impossible.
My plugin also saves scores and there is a separate scoreboard for them. I am currently in the process of rewriting most of the scoreboard and it will be a lot simpler. Other than that, I'm not familiar with any other timer plugins, so if you want a feature from that, you'll have to be more specific.
Old 07-23-2007 , 06:50   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #17

Looks awesome, great job!

IMHO, to make it more "pure kreedz", the hp boosters/buttons should be usable (if existant).

Unfortunately I'm running some kreedz servers on old amd64 machines with AMXX 1.75 (and I can't upgrade, but that's another story..) .
ian.cammarata
Old 07-23-2007 , 13:49   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guenhwyvar View Post
Unfortunately I'm running some kreedz servers on old amd64 machines with AMXX 1.75 (and I can't upgrade, but that's another story..) .

Actually, I told the other guy it wouldn't work on 1.75. I know it won't compile with the 1.75 release files, but there's a slim chance that you might be able to load the already compiled amx file. Might work as long as the one function I know that is missing (sort) from 1.75 is implemented completely in the includes, and not part of the dlls.
Old 07-29-2007 , 11:58   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #19

Could you be a little more specific on how I would get the scores to save? Would it be possible to save them on the server vault style, or would I have to install WebMod? Thanks!

BTW great plugin! Best KZ plugin out there by far.
ian.cammarata
Old 07-29-2007 , 20:00   Re: Climb
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenbusdriver View Post
Could you be a little more specific on how I would get the scores to save? Would it be possible to save them on the server vault style, or would I have to install WebMod? Thanks!

BTW great plugin! Best KZ plugin out there by far.

WebMod only allows you to display a full scoreboard, without getting limited by the message limit of half-life.

I am not going support saving with vault, because using SQLite provides dozens of advantages over vault, and no disadvantages. SQLite creates a database file in the 'amxmodx/data/sqlite3/' folder, and doesn't require a remote database server like MySQL, which is also an option.

To enable saving change the cvar 'climb_save' to 1, and enable the module 'sqlite' in your modules.ini. Thats all it should take to get it to save. If you're gonna use MySQL however, you'll need to modify the climb_db_... cvars.