Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Climbtimer Top15

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   twistedeuphoria (82)
Isobold
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2004 , 06:12   Climbtimer Top15
Reply With Quote #1

/********************************************* *****************************************
* This is "AMX Climb Timer V1.5" by Juzam Djinn modified by Isobold
* This file is provided as is (no warranties).
* This plugin helps climbers on public servers to take their climb time
********************************************* ******************************************
* Commands:
* say /leet - prints the leet climbers name and time
* say /1337 - prints the leet climbers name and time
* say /timer, - starts / stops climb timer or prints the current climb time
* timer
* say /climbstatus, - displays the climb time of all climbers
* say /top15climbers - displays the top 15 climbers
* say top15 - displays the top 15 climbers
* say /help - displays a help text for all commands
* say /menu - displays a climber menu
* Admin Commands 1.0:
* amx_ctimer_menu - displays the climbtimer admin menu
* amx_climbtimer_path - cvar for the loc files default is: "addons/amx/climbtimer" for AMX and
* "addons/amxx/climbtimer" for AMXX
* Admin Commands 1.2
* amx_ctimer_cp 0/1 - off/on (off, means, that you are not able to use the timer, if your money differs from amx_cp_money)
* amx_ctime_min 60 - defines a min-climb-time, faster players will not be added to top15
* (this value will be overwritten by values from ctime_min.ini)
* REMOVED IN 1.5 !!! - amx_cp_money 5000 - REMOVED IN 1.5!!! defines the money a player must still have for
* top15 if amx_ctimer_cp is 0 (defaultvalue is 5000), ignore this line, if your read this for the first time...
* Changes from 1.4 to 1.5
* Added real checkpoint-recognition (only works with kz_multiplugin, but you can add what ever pluginsupport
* by changing/adding just 1 line, you only need to add something like:
* register_clcmd( "say /checkpoint", "cp_used", ACCESS_CLIMBER, " - disables Top15-Climbtimer for this player" )
* Replace "say /checkpoint" by the command used by your plugin. Add more, if there is more then one way to use your plugin.
* Fixed bug, where use of cp caused that stopbutton could never work, with amx_ctimer_cp 0
* Removed cvar amx_cp_money
* Changes from 1.3b to 1.4
* Added information about climbtimer having been disabled...
* Respawnbug seems to be fixed...
* Changes from 1.2 to 1.3b *Update*
* Tried to fix respawnbug with three Gate-variables(?) (in German:"Schlossvariable")
* in function ct_savty_respawn, ct_respawn and check_respawn
* Don't know, wether this function causes the problem or not!
* *Update*
* Function seems to be part of the problem. Bug does not work as often now,
* but it still works from time to time.
* Changes from 1.1 to 1.2
* Added Antirespawnbuguserfunction. This does not fix the problem, but will make times under 60 seconds
* (or what ever you define in amx_ctime_min and/or ctime_min.ini) impossible.
* This should fit any good kreedzmap even for proclimbers.
* Plz use the file ctime_min.ini placed in the configs-dir to modifie this value for each map seperatly
* Added cvars amx_ctimer_cp, amx_cp_money, amx_ctime_min (their functionality was hardcoded in ver. 1.1)
* Changes from 1.0 to 1.1
* Added support for not let use the timer by people who spend money.
* By this way you may prevend people from using the top15, when having used /checkpoint from kz_multiplugin
* (you must make checkpoint cost at least 1$ per point and have the same startmoney for each map, kz_multi has this option)
* Finally added a slightly modified menu which is shown when the climbtimer is off (for example, if there are no loks for a map)
* Now it is possible to deactivate antiblock also on this kind of maps (for example dimensions)
* Last updated on: October 20, 2004
*/

I did not wrote the plugin nor I ported it to amxx, as it was written to support both. This plugin has been written by Juzam Djinn. I got it from one of the world best Kreedz-Climbers. As Juzam has not answered for months to mails he asked me to do some modifications, but I am not good enough in small coding to do so. I already added some usefull functions (ver. 1.1 and 1.2), but it's not all done.

Thats why we decided to publish it here, to give anyone the possibilitie to help and to give other kreedzservers the possibilitie to have a top15-timer.

*Update*

Most of the changes have been done now. The only problem is, that I did not cared about amx-compatibilitie. You may try it out, but I give no garantie. If it compiles with now errors and if you don't get a bad load, it will work fine as it does before my changes

Quote:
To do-list:

- change function display_climber_menu2( id, pos ), it should not showthe current 4 first menupoints. Best would be, when it would only show wether antiblock is on/off, make the player able to disable antiblock and make him able to quit the menu (these things are already done, but there are more things shown, which should not), nothing more. All the rest should be removed. The problem is, that simply deleting it won't work.

Finally, don't blame me for my bad english. My german and french is better

If u want to see the plugin in action (ver nva_special): 62.75.252.149:27016 -=|Waeschetrockner|=- www.clan-nva.de - Kreedz 24/7

! This plugin has not been tested for amxx 0.20 yet !
Feel free to do so...

** Some words about the respawnbug. I don't know wether it's the plugins fault, but there is a bug which shows up, when players are respawning very often in a very short period. They get then into a very strange state, where they can fly as a ghost, but always use teleporters and buttons. If there would be any possibility to prevend this, it would be the most important fix. All the other things are cosmetic against this.

*Update*
I hope I got this damned bug fixed. The problem is, you can not prove that you fixed it, you can only prove that you did not
If you hear about this bug still working on this version, plz post it here and tell me, what you had to do, to use it.

*** last update 04/10/20 16:25 GMT+1***

If you are searching for installation-support, plz inform me via pm that you've postet a help request here, as I do not check this thread anymore ...
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_climb_timer_nva_special.sma - 10391 views - 40.9 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_climb_timer.sma - 9087 views - 34.2 KB)
File Type: zip configs.zip (17.3 KB, 7323 views)
Isobold
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2004 , 21:15  
Reply With Quote #2

Just wanted to post, that this plugin just got a new and very important release. V 1.5 fixes some very important bugs and now makes a real check wether checkpoint was used or not.

V1.5 is optimized to cooperate with kz_multiplugin but can easily be modified to cooperate with any other checkpointplugin!
italianblaze
Old 11-01-2004 , 11:35  
Reply With Quote #3

jus wodering ....
wtf is a climber or leet climber or climb timer and wtf does it do
Send a message via AIM to italianblaze
Isobold
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2004 , 16:13  
Reply With Quote #4

www.kreedz.com
www.kzmaps.co.uk

go and watch yourself
gsjaggar
Old 11-18-2004 , 02:27  
Reply With Quote #5

looks great. ill have to give it a try on my new kz server. thanks!
dumb assassin
Old 11-24-2004 , 21:21  
Reply With Quote #6

Send a message via MSN to dumb assassin
noxius
Old 12-04-2004 , 14:58   another bug
Reply With Quote #7

on amxmodx 1.0 respawn is non functional ... little correction and everything works great

in ct_respawn function, change this
Code:
if(get_user_team(id) == 0 || is_user_alive(id)) 
                return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
to
Code:
if(get_user_team(id) == 0 || is_user_alive(id)) {
                save_respawn[2][id] = 0
                return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
        }
with this change, it isn't neccesary call other respawn function ... maybe
Isobold
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2004 , 21:23  
Reply With Quote #8

I don't understand what your code shall do:

Code:
public ct_respawn( svIndex[] ) {
	if( !climbtimer_on )
		return PLUGIN_CONTINUE

new id = svIndex[0]
	if( save_respawn[2][id]	!= 0 ) return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
	save_respawn[2][id] = 1

if( climbtimer_no_block )
		set_task( 2.0, "ct_no_block", 0, svIndex, 2 )

if(get_user_team(id) == 0 || is_user_alive(id))
		return PLUGIN_CONTINUE

#if defined COMPILE_AMX
		user_spawn(id)
	#else
		spawn(id)
	#endif

set_task( 0.8, "ct_savty_respawn", 0, svIndex, 2 )
	save_respawn[2][id] = 0
	return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}
Did you understood the sence of save_respawn[2][id]? Setting save_respawn[2][id] to 0 on this line will make save_respawn senseless. This will make the respawnbug exploitable again (or make it work more often, I don't know wether it has been eliminated 100%, but I think so, due to my serverlogs).

Concerning the spawn-function: does spawn(id) work on 1.0 or not? If not, why does they still list this function here: http://www.amxmodx.org/funcwiki.php?go=func&id=127?

@dumb assasin: as I did not wrote this plugin, I did not even noticed this little bug. I do not even know, wether it is a good idea to change this, because I have a thread in my mind, where problems with new registers on mapchange were mentioned. If I remember well, sometimes dynamic registers on mapchange do not work. Thats why I will let the code unchanged. If you know for shure, that you don't want to use checkpoint, you may delete the line before compile
dumb assassin
Old 12-26-2004 , 07:27  
Reply With Quote #9

Send a message via MSN to dumb assassin
noxius
Old 12-31-2004 , 22:02   uh
Reply With Quote #10

sorry my fault, but ct_respawn is called two times on death (maybe it is problem only in amxx 1.0), I have rewritten some parts of this plugin (respawn bug is corrected, I think ), if it is some one interested i can post it here