12% 

VSH VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v2.12.1 Dev

Post New Thread Reply   

starblaster64
Old 09-14-2016 , 19:22   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
never heard or coded INTERNAL private forwards.
Neither have I. I'm not even quite sure how my idea would've worked. The end result was supposed to be keeping all the boss handling code contained within the boss.sp files so there'd be less "hooking up" to do.
It's not terribly difficult right now to share a boss (thanks to handler.sp switch statements), it's just kind of inconvenient (also thanks to handler.sp). Unless you use a Git/hg client like SourceTree, then all you have to do is drag & drop in a local repo, commit, then fix any conflicts.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2016 , 21:11   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblaster64 View Post
Neither have I. I'm not even quite sure how my idea would've worked. The end result was supposed to be keeping all the boss handling code contained within the boss.sp files so there'd be less "hooking up" to do.
It's not terribly difficult right now to share a boss (thanks to handler.sp switch statements), it's just kind of inconvenient (also thanks to handler.sp). Unless you use a Git/hg client like SourceTree, then all you have to do is drag & drop in a local repo, commit, then fix any conflicts.
yea, there's always a trade off.

What matters the most is if the benefits outweigh the downsides. do they outweigh the downsides is anyone's opinion but I think it goes without saying that VSH2's purpose is to replace VSH and be an advanced alternative to FF2.

Last edited by nergal; 09-14-2016 at 21:12.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2016 , 00:13   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.8 Beta
Reply With Quote #43

update v1.2.8

patched the Baby Face's Blaster to use differing attributes and removed speed boost.
updated the MakeBossAndSwitch method to optionally call the ManageOnBossSelected event when making/forcing someone to become a boss.
Old 09-16-2016 , 22:29   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.9 Beta
Reply With Quote #44

v1.2.9 Beta update

-set boss health using SetEntityHealth instead of entity props.
-patched plague doctor minions so that minions no longer respawn when the plague doctor who turned them into minions is dead.
-after becoming a boss, each player's preset type (set through !setboss and saved to cookies) is reset back to -1.
Old 09-18-2016 , 21:14   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.3.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #45

Big Update! v1.3 Beta!

-new cvar for handling how buildings are affected when engineer dies.
-added support for medieval mode through the Lives mechanic built into VSH2.
-added cvar for if mediguns give permanent overheal or not.
-added functionality for the arena control point to be captured multiple times without ending the round including Event handler support for it.
-minor optimizations
-patched glitch with Plague Doctor where the player-boss would have 0 health but not die. When a boss' iHealth property reaches 0, they're forced to suicide (temporary fix).
-updated medic and heavy help panels.
-Medieval mode is checked every round by seeing if tf_logic_medieval exists or the convar "tf_medieval" is set to 1.
Old 09-20-2016 , 21:45   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.3.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #46

Hale server has a problem, for maps with a pit, they normally give a boosted jump to the hale, the boosted jump is gone, and now when hales fall into the pit, theyre stuck there :>
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2016 , 21:47   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.3.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1981 View Post
Hale server has a problem, for maps with a pit, they normally give a boosted jump to the hale, the boosted jump is gone, and now when hales fall into the pit, theyre stuck there :>
the pits should simply teleport the boss back to its spawn. I guess it doesn't do enough damage required.
I'l do that in the next update and make it more sensitive, maybe 100+ damage will tele them straight to spawn.

Last edited by nergal; 09-21-2016 at 00:11.
starblaster64
Old 09-21-2016 , 21:00   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.3.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #48

Say nergal, could you possibly add a section to the wiki about adding a boss that can be forced by an admin, but cannot be randomly rolled (and/or visa versa)? Would be helpful for developing bosses that you want to test but don't want running full time yet.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 21:48   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.3.0 Beta
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblaster64 View Post
Say nergal, could you possibly add a section to the wiki about adding a boss that can be forced by an admin, but cannot be randomly rolled (and/or visa versa)? Would be helpful for developing bosses that you want to test but don't want running full time yet.
sure!
Old 10-07-2016 , 12:23   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.3.1 Stable
Reply With Quote #50

Update version 1.3.1.

- VSH2 is no longer in BETA (plugin still says beta in it but it's wrong.)
- VSH2 now uses the updated Vagineer and Saxton Hale boss models.
- Starblaster implemented easier downloadables stocks for certain files.