Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VSH Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2016 , 21:35   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Exciting! Can you elaborate on the "3 specific codes" part? Is it basically just code separated by a large comment screaming "THIS IS THE PLAYER CODE PART"?
well unfortunately I have to throw that part out of the window because I already ruined it lol.

I guess I was exaggerating as the code is more precise as to what kind of code handles player logic and what handles boss logic.

I'm also happy to announce that the plugin repo is now open to the public but I'm going to release the repo link until I feel the plugin is at beta.

here's a sneak peek at some of the code (for those who don't know my repo).
Sorry but I really like Python style operators lol
PHP Code:
public void RoundStartPost()
{

BaseBoss    boss;

int        ibosscount;    // Count amount of bosses for health calculation!

for (i=MaxClients ; --i) {
        if ( 
not IsValidClient(i) or not IsPlayerAlive(i) )
            continue;

boss BaseBoss(i);
        if (
boss.bIsBoss)
            ++
bosscount;
        else {

SetEntityMoveType(iMOVETYPE_WALK);
            if (
GetClientTeam(inot_eq RED and GetClientTeam(i) > int(TFTeam_Spectator))    // For good measure!

boss.ForceTeamChange(RED);

SetPawnTimerPrepPlayers0.2boss.userid );    // in handler.sp

}
    }

gamemode.iTotalMaxHealth 0;

BaseBoss bosses[34];    // There's no way almost everybody can be an overpowered boss...

int index 0;
    for (
i=MaxClients ; --i, ++index) {        // Loop again for bosses only

if (not IsValidClient(i))
            continue;

boss BaseBoss(i);
        if (
not boss.bIsBoss)
            continue;

bosses[index] = boss;
        if (
not IsPlayerAlive(i))

TF2_RespawnPlayer(i);

// Automatically divides health based on boss count but this can be changed if necessary

boss.iMaxHealth CalcBossHealth(760.8gamemode.iPlaying1.01.03412046.0) / bosscount;    // In stocks.sp

if (boss.iHealth 3000 and bosscount is 1)

boss.iHealth 3000;
#if defined _tf2attributes_included

int maxhp GetEntProp(boss.indexProp_Data"m_iMaxHealth");

TF2Attrib_RemoveAll(boss.index);

TF2Attrib_SetByDefIndexboss.index26float(boss.iHealth-maxhp) );
#endif

if (GetClientTeam(boss.indexnot_eq 3)

boss.ForceTeamChange(3);

gamemode.iTotalMaxHealth += boss.iMaxHealth;

boss.iHealth boss.iMaxHealth;
    }

gamemode.CheckAlivePlayers();

ManageMessageIntro(bosses);    // in handler.sp

if ( gamemode.iPlaying )

SetControlPoint(false);

Old 08-17-2016 , 22:15   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblaster64 View Post
If I'm free this weekend I'll definitely help test for bugs.
Also, is it a complete port of 1.55 or did you add other stuff like my pull request fixes on the GitHub or your own additions?
I'm going to attempt a complete port but some features may or may not be missing.

One sure feature that's going to be missing is the option to turn on random crits for bosses. I'm definitely removing random crits for bosses in general.
Old 08-19-2016 , 01:32   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #633

I'd like to announce that I've added Background music but there's still more work to do in terms of glitches.

As of this writing, the source files all together for VSH 2 is 5001 lines exactly.

Last edited by nergal; 08-19-2016 at 01:32.
starblaster64
Old 08-19-2016 , 09:49   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
I'd like to announce that I've added Background music but there's still more work to do in terms of glitches.

As of this writing, the source files all together for VSH 2 is 5001 lines exactly.
Perhaps at this point you should start a new thread for VSH 2 specifically.

Also, as an aside, I was never really a fan of background music in VSH. I always much preferred the now defunct OzFur's way of doing it, which was event based music. (Boss intro [sometimes], Rage, Last man standing, Time low etc.)
Newbie1992
Old 08-19-2016 , 11:39   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #635

Quote:
Perhaps at this point you should start a new thread for VSH 2 specifically.

Also, as an aside, I was never really a fan of background music in VSH. I always much preferred the now defunct OzFur's way of doing it, which was event based music. (Boss intro [sometimes], Rage, Last man standing, Time low etc.)
same here, cbs and hhh are fine but not all...

Last edited by Newbie1992; 08-19-2016 at 11:40.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2016 , 14:17   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #636

Make both! ;p
Old 08-19-2016 , 16:29   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Make both! ;p
make both what?

I'd also like to announce that VSH2 is officially at (playable) Beta

The plugin only features the 4 default bosses (CBS, HHH, Vagineer, and Hale) but I'll test multibosses soon using Vagineer and Hale as an example combination.

I've already "somewhat" tested multibosses back when the Round End code wasn't implemented (and thus previous bosses weren't reset) so the code has proven that it can handle multibosses.

The only reason to redo the multiboss test is to iron out any remaining glitches. The multibosses will work similar to the way FF2 does multibosses but instead of choosing a companion, the developer will have the ability to set what boss the other chosen player will become

PHP Code:
public void ManageOnBossSelected(const BaseBoss base)
{
    switch ( 
base.iType )
    {
        case -
1: {}
    }
    if (
not GetRandomInt(03))

ManageBossHelp(base);

Thus, you can seriously customize what boss companion will be set and how many instead of chaining them together via configs.

I've structured the map reader so that it accepts the ff2 map config and the old vsh one for the sake of compatibility.

Lastly, I've integrated all dependencies for the plugin within the plugin files itself, thus no outside dependencies.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the multiboss feature DOES NOT check if there's enough players; it is up to the VSH2 Developer to check if there's enough players to handle multibosses.

The plugin only checks if there's 2 players active just like VSH & FF2 does despite FF2 going the extra mile to check if there's enough players to do multibosses.

VSH2 doesn't check and the purpose is to allow more flexibility. The entire purpose for VSH2's writeup is to allow Developer flexibility for boss and player actions.

So remember when doing your multiboss, check if there's enough players before dragging another red player to blue team.

Last edited by nergal; 08-19-2016 at 16:59.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2016 , 19:22   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #638

Both music systems.

The other one is technically just playing a single sound during certain events, which can be done while just setting no music for the boss.

Last edited by Chdata; 08-19-2016 at 19:23.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2016 , 22:09   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Both music systems.

The other one is technically just playing a single sound during certain events, which can be done while just setting no music for the boss.
dunno what you're talking about because I've only seen one music system.

Also, unlike VSH, VSH2 will actually have a setboss/sethale command.

Not to mention I haven't added ConVars and Commands to VSH2 yet but I will definitely add a shit ton of them!

Last edited by nergal; 08-19-2016 at 22:13.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2016 , 04:40   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #640

Quote: