Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v1.1.10, 2021-10-30)

Post New Thread Reply   

dv9unknown
Old 07-22-2014 , 23:39   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
I have a suggestion. Remove people from the rank if they have an active ban in sourcebans.
Or an option to manually delete people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
Already done as of 0.5.0.

https://github.com/splewis/csgo-mult...r/CHANGELOG.md

I do something similar on my not-so-good website. A easy implementation anyone could do would be to create a super-simple php script that does a select across the sourcebans table, checks for a perma ban (time=0) and deletes them from the multi1v1_stats table.

And for the record, the reason I don't put my own website open-source is because 1) it sucks and 2) I can't support people with setting it up, since it's more involved than a php site. Hence why I fully support dv9's implementation. (Hopefully one day I'll fix the remaining bugs and we can have a nice 1.0.0 release with the website attached!)
I will be looking into that. I've been fairly busy these past few days.
I'm thinkin' maybe setting the lastTime to a really low number, say 1 so I can also display that they have been banned on their stats page incase someone searches and the anti-squatter automatically drops them by a bunch of points so that they don't show up on the top 15 list.

quarterbreed
Old 07-24-2014 , 08:21   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #172

any reason why my server changed to am_market the map seems broken and its not in my maplist or mapcycle and i have allow workshop maps turned off any idea why its changed to it?
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2014 , 23:29   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterbreed View Post
any reason why my server changed to am_market the map seems broken and its not in my maplist or mapcycle and i have allow workshop maps turned off any idea why its changed to it?
No idea.

I can say the map works, but it requires a bug fix in the latest version (0.5.2).
Old 07-29-2014 , 15:35   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #174

This ELO isn't actually pairing you against other players with the same ELO as you? Who you play against is fully random right?

Would it be possible to pair people up based on ELO?
dv9unknown
Old 07-29-2014 , 15:37   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #175

Quote:
This ELO isn't actually pairing you against other players with the same ELO as you? Who you play against is fully random right?

Would it be possible to pair people up based on ELO?
That would defeat the purpose of "leveling up" in the arena.

Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2014 , 16:05   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv9unknown View Post
That would defeat the purpose of "leveling up" in the arena.
No it wouldn't. The goal with ELO is to play against equally good players. In that way you can see who really is the best of the best.
And the "bad" players wouldn't have to keep playing against really good ones and that would make it more fun for them.

I know other games using ELO like that. Neverwinter is one MMO for an example. And this is taken from LoL:

Quote:
"The system estimates how good a player is based on whom the player beats and to whom the player loses. It tries to make matches where it thinks a player has a 50/50 chance of winning. It knows pre-made teams are an advantage, so it gives pre-made teams tougher opponents than if each player had queued alone (or other premades of a similar total skill level). Riot Games uses some formulas in an attempt to make the pre-made teams vs solo players matching fair."
Also I think DotA is using this.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 07-29-2014 at 16:11.
dv9unknown
Old 07-29-2014 , 16:15   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #177

Quote:
No it wouldn't. The goal with ELO is to play against equally good players. In that way you can see who really is the best of the best.
And the "bad" players wouldn't have to keep playing against really good ones and that would make it more fun for them.

I know other games using ELO like that. Neverwinter is one MMO for an example. And this is taken from LoL:

Actually, you have a point. This is a good idea.

Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2014 , 16:30   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #178

Maybe it could work with a teleport system or so?
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2014 , 20:41   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #179

Quote:

Well of course they match players up based on expected skill. That's the whole point of matchmaking, whether backed by elo or trueskill or anything else. The difference is they have populations of thousands to match players up within. I have anywhere from 2 to 32. Big difference.

That said - I can think of some ways it could work. Getting the exact answer to the optimization problem "find the pairings such that the rating difference between each opponent is minimized" would be the wrong approach. It would lead to players constantly facing the same people.

The better way would be to fuzz the ratings by: adding/subtracting a random amount and do the above optimization problem or some approximation of it. Thankfully I wouldn't have to worry about solving it exactly if I already fuzzed the ratings so a simple greedy algorithm would probably work fine.

On that note: I've been spending a bunch of time massively rewriting and reorganizing some stuff. The end goal is more modularity. It'd be possible to lay an elo-matching algorithm in another plugin on top of the base plugin with the new structure I'm working on. It's a ways off, however. Don't expect any new versions until all this is done. See https://github.com/splewis/csgo-mult...ter/MODULES.md

Some forwards and natives are exposed that would basically let another plugin overwrite the ordering of the players within arenas. (in this case you could use the GetRating native and OnRankingQueueSet forward to do the work)

A big challenge left for me is how round types can fit into this. My initial reaction was that I'd be able to move all the round type stuff into a module-type plugin, so others could easily do all the stupid crap I get asked to do (shotgun rounds, knife rounds?!?!!1!1!1!1). Having thought about it, I can't see an easy way that could work - it's not as if each round type has a single menu with it. The rifle/pistol choices are integrated across multiple round types. Unless I have a flash of inspiration expect the ability to tweak round types to be minimal, if it exists at all. I should note it would technically be possible to use another forward for player spawns to add something like a knife round though. The problem would arise when you have multiple module-type plugins interacting, all trying to override things.

And on a completely unrelated note: I might begrudgingly rename the plugin to [CS:GO] Arena or something. Everyone calls it that anyway.
Old 07-30-2014 , 11:45   Re: [CS:GO] Multi-1v1 (v0.5.2, 2014-7-19)
Reply With Quote #180

Hey guys, Having a little trouble with my server. Just put it together and I'm the only one around to test it. So I spawned in some bots and they all end up in arena -1. so I'm all on my own in arena one. When each match is done I get spawned in arena 1 and the bots go to random arenas. Is this just because they are bots or am I missing something?