Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2015 , 17:48   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #911

my server population is saying mapchooser extended is broken.

according to them: when they rtv, nothing happens. map voted for? nothing happens, it goes to a random map.
Old 06-12-2015 , 17:54   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
my server population is saying mapchooser extended is broken.

according to them: when they rtv, nothing happens. map voted for? nothing happens, it goes to a random map.
If this is a TF2 server and you're not running SourceMod 1.7 git5213 or newer, the problem is with SourceMod itself.
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2015 , 22:57   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
If this is a TF2 server and you're not running SourceMod 1.7 git5213 or newer, the problem is with SourceMod itself.
crap! Thx powerlord, sorry for bother.
Old 06-18-2015 , 16:18   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #914

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGamez View Post
Wondering if there is any way we can get this plugin updated to strip out the names of the workshop maps, now that there are support for those.

Instead of seeing:

cp_gorge
ctf_2fort
workshop/pl_rainbowride_b7e.ugc33418510
ctf_doublecross

We could just see:
cp_gorge
ctf_2fort
pl_rainbowride_b7e*
ctf_doublecross
Remember how I said I wasn't going to do this?

Yeah... turns out I'm working on a pair of things related to this in the SourceMod core.
  • The first is a wrapper for the game's fuzzy map name feature. It gets a map's full "path" from its mapcycle entry. I use the term "path" loosely as it's fake in TF2's case (TF2 doesn't copy maps into maps/workshop anymore, but its virtual paths point there anyway).

For MapChooser, this allows us to figure out that dustbowl and cp_dustbowl refer to the same map.... or figure out workshop/33418510 and workshop/pl_rainbowride_b7e.ugc33418510 refer to the same map.

The catch to this for TF2 is that Valve currently has problems resolving workshop map names to their full paths if you haven't used tf_workshop_map_sync for said map during the current session. To add to this, tf_workshop_map_sync is currently having crashing issues on some servers (Linux definitely): It always crashes for me if I try to download a new map and it sometimes crashes if I run it solely to track a map that's already downloaded.
  • The other thing I'm working on is implementing the fuzzy map thing mentioned above in SourceMod's core plugins that deal with maps.

While I was at it, I added a nice little stock to resolve TF2 and CS:GO map names to "friendly" versions. Such as turning workshop/pl_rainbowride_b7e.ugc33418510 into pl_rainbowride_b7e or workshop/125488374/de_dust2_se to de_dust2_se.

These plugins are about to go into the testing phase, so we'll see how many bugs I'll have to manually stomp.

So, it turns out I lied and actually am working on this.

If the second gets rejected for inclusion in SourceMod proper, I can still implement it directly in MapChooser Extended. Even after saying I was trying to avoid updating MapChooser Extended and instead concentrating on writing its replacement.

If the first gets rejected... well, lets hope it doesn't since the friendly map name thing relies on it.
Old 06-24-2015 , 12:25   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #915

Hey Powerlord,

I am having trouble with the mapchanger extended soundfiles. I could download them, so I guess I did most of the stuff correct, but the game doesn't play them Ingame. I hope it is not a problem, that I used the hl1 Soundpack and renamed it to csgo. Also I am running a csgo server.

My sound path: /csgo/sound/sourcemod/mapchooser/csgo
-vote_started.mp3
-vote_success.mp3

Code:
// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.7.2)
// ConVars for plugin "mapchooser_extended_sounds.smx"

// Force players to download all sound sets, so sets can be dynamically changed during the map. Defaults to off. Takes effect at map change.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
mce_sounds_downloadallsounds "0"

// Enable this plugin.  Sounds will still be downloaded (if applicable) even if the plugin is disabled this way.
// -
// Default: "1"
mce_sounds_enablesounds "1"

// Enable sounds to be played during warning counter.  If this is disabled, map vote warning, start, and stop sounds still play.
// -
// Default: "1"
mce_sounds_enablewarningcountersounds "0"

// Sound set to use, optimized for TF by default.  Sound sets are defined in addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended_sounds.cfg.  Takes effect immediately if sm_mapvote_downloadallsounds is 1, otherwise at map change.
// -
// Default: "tf"
mce_sounds_soundset "csgo"
Code:
"MapchooserSoundsList"
{
	"csgo"
	{
		"vote start"
		{
			"sound"		"sourcemod/mapchooser/tf2/vote_started.mp3"
			"event"		"Vote.Created"
			"builtin"	"ui/vote_started.wav"
		}
		"vote end"
		{
			"sound"		"sourcemod/mapchooser/tf2/vote_success.mp3"
			"event"		"Vote.Passed"
			"builtin"	"ui/vote_success.wav"
		}
	}
}
As mentioned, the server wont play the sounds (I guess it should also do, on endmapvote, right?). I've put those files on my fastdownload and the console told me, that they were downloaded. I am running my server with sv_pure 0.

Another question depending the mapchooser extended plugin. I am running workshop-maps on my server and I included them in my mapcycle.txt, which I relocated by using +mapcyclefile in my start command. I have to put in workshop/id/name in my mapcycle.txt and this looks pretty shitty in the mapvote. Is there any other way to keep loading workshop maps without that folder string in it? Since I am new to csgo servers and only managed cod4 servers, I tried to find a solution for that since 3 days now.

//edit: nvm about the workshop maps, I stopped using workshop, but the soundbug still appears. Still waiting for your reply.

I would really appreachiate your help.

Greets
Markus

Last edited by iMarkus; 06-26-2015 at 20:45.
ancient1
Old 06-30-2015 , 13:16   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #916

The server in my signature is the problem one. PVKii

Would be easier for you do join the server and then try:

rtv = everything appears to happen correctly, counts down etc etc, then nothing
nominate = menu pops up with nothing to choose from

No map choices appear at the 5 minutes to round end, very same as rtv

Console says that plugin loaded xx maps from file, so dunno whats going on?

Any idea's?
Old 06-30-2015 , 14:15   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarkus View Post
Hey Powerlord,

I am having trouble with the mapchanger extended soundfiles. I could download them, so I guess I did most of the stuff correct, but the game doesn't play them Ingame. I hope it is not a problem, that I used the hl1 Soundpack and renamed it to csgo. Also I am running a csgo server.

My sound path: /csgo/sound/sourcemod/mapchooser/csgo
-vote_started.mp3
-vote_success.mp3

Code:
"MapchooserSoundsList"
{
	"csgo"
	{
		"vote start"
		{
			"sound"		"sourcemod/mapchooser/tf2/vote_started.mp3"
			"event"		"Vote.Created"
			"builtin"	"ui/vote_started.wav"
		}
		"vote end"
		{
			"sound"		"sourcemod/mapchooser/tf2/vote_success.mp3"
			"event"		"Vote.Passed"
			"builtin"	"ui/vote_success.wav"
		}
	}
}
As mentioned, the server wont play the sounds (I guess it should also do, on endmapvote, right?). I've put those files on my fastdownload and the console told me, that they were downloaded. I am running my server with sv_pure 0.
//edit: nvm about the workshop maps, I stopped using workshop, but the soundbug still appears. Still waiting for your reply.

I would really appreachiate your help.

Greets
Markus
The configuration file still has
"sourcemod/mapchooser/tf2/vote_started.mp3"
but you said you changed the path for those to "sourcemod/mapchooser/csgo/vote_started.mp3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarkus View Post
Another question depending the mapchooser extended plugin. I am running workshop-maps on my server and I included them in my mapcycle.txt, which I relocated by using +mapcyclefile in my start command. I have to put in workshop/id/name in my mapcycle.txt and this looks pretty shitty in the mapvote. Is there any other way to keep loading workshop maps without that folder string in it? Since I am new to csgo servers and only managed cod4 servers, I tried to find a solution for that since 3 days now.
I'm trying to get a change merged into SourceMod to format workshop maps nicely.

It builds on the FindMap function added to SourceMod 1.8 in a recent snapshot (haven't checked if it's in 1.7's snapshots or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient1 View Post
The server in my signature is the problem one. PVKii

Would be easier for you do join the server and then try:

rtv = everything appears to happen correctly, counts down etc etc, then nothing
nominate = menu pops up with nothing to choose from

No map choices appear at the 5 minutes to round end, very same as rtv

Console says that plugin loaded xx maps from file, so dunno whats going on?

Any idea's?
Are there any warnings/errors about MapChooser Extended in the SourceMod error logs?

It sounds like it's having issues finding the map list, but I can't say for sure.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-30-2015 at 14:19.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-01-2015 , 06:27   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Remember how I said I wasn't going to do this?

Yeah... turns out I'm working on a pair of things related to this in the SourceMod core.
  • The first is a wrapper for the game's fuzzy map name feature. It gets a map's full "path" from its mapcycle entry. I use the term "path" loosely as it's fake in TF2's case (TF2 doesn't copy maps into maps/workshop anymore, but its virtual paths point there anyway).

For MapChooser, this allows us to figure out that dustbowl and cp_dustbowl refer to the same map.... or figure out workshop/33418510 and workshop/pl_rainbowride_b7e.ugc33418510 refer to the same map.

The catch to this for TF2 is that Valve currently has problems resolving workshop map names to their full paths if you haven't used tf_workshop_map_sync for said map during the current session. To add to this, tf_workshop_map_sync is currently having crashing issues on some servers (Linux definitely): It always crashes for me if I try to download a new map and it sometimes crashes if I run it solely to track a map that's already downloaded.
  • The other thing I'm working on is implementing the fuzzy map thing mentioned above in SourceMod's core plugins that deal with maps.

While I was at it, I added a nice little stock to resolve TF2 and CS:GO map names to "friendly" versions. Such as turning workshop/pl_rainbowride_b7e.ugc33418510 into pl_rainbowride_b7e or workshop/125488374/de_dust2_se to de_dust2_se.

These plugins are about to go into the testing phase, so we'll see how many bugs I'll have to manually stomp.

So, it turns out I lied and actually am working on this.

If the second gets rejected for inclusion in SourceMod proper, I can still implement it directly in MapChooser Extended. Even after saying I was trying to avoid updating MapChooser Extended and instead concentrating on writing its replacement.

If the first gets rejected... well, lets hope it doesn't since the friendly map name thing relies on it.
Great news! Its a little annoying how Valve treats this, you can play one map from workshop and on the end of map vote, it appears again because the map is picking up the workshop path and it does not remember just the map name.
slothinab0x
Old 07-06-2015 , 17:10   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #919

Where would I put the ConVars. I put them in server.cfg but for some reason the plugin isn't using them...
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2015 , 18:10   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothinab0x View Post
Where would I put the ConVars. I put them in server.cfg but for some reason the plugin isn't using them...
The plugin creates a configuration file the first time its run. It should be cfg/sourcemod/mapchooser_extended.cfg.