Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Viper_Vicki
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-11-2011 , 15:35   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
Your problem is that you're not resetting your g_bVoted variable to false when the map changes. Add this bit of code: Code:
public OnConfigsExecuted()</p><p>{</p><p> g_bVoted = false;</p><p>}</p><p>
Thank you, exactly where in the empchooser.sp should I add that bit of code?

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-11-2011 , 17:00   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_Vicki View Post
Thank you, exactly where in the empchooser.sp should I add that bit of code?
It's a function, so anywhere in global scope.
Old 11-11-2011 , 19:04   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1993

Oh my, I can't wait to start using this plugin. Finally got rid of mani. However, it is so extensive and no matter how much I read, I am getting totally confused. I am running a 16 slot hl2dm server and wanted to see if anybody had a sample umc_mapcycle.txt they can show me. Basically, I want just three groups: Small maps, Large Maps, and Teamplay Maps. Nothing too difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-11-2011 , 20:14   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye View Post
Oh my, I can't wait to start using this plugin. Finally got rid of mani. However, it is so extensive and no matter how much I read, I am getting totally confused. I am running a 16 slot hl2dm server and wanted to see if anybody had a sample umc_mapcycle.txt they can show me. Basically, I want just three groups: Small maps, Large Maps, and Teamplay Maps. Nothing too difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I am making an assumption that by Small, Medium, and Large maps that you intend to make sure only small maps are played when there are fewer players, and larger maps will only be played with more players.

Technically, the correct way to do this would be to have 1 group, and each map in it would have a "min_players" and/or "max_players" option defined. This would allow for a much less rigid structure, but the downside is that you can't use "default_min_players" and "default_max_players" to set multiple maps to the same player limits.

What this would look like is as follows:
Code:
"umc_mapcycle"
{
    "Maps"
    {
        "maps_invote"  "5" //Set this to whatever you want

//First we will define our small maps. Because they're small, we will limit the maximum number of players.

"small_map1" //You would replace this with an actual map name, such as "dm_lockdown"
        {
            "max_players"  "8"
        }

"small_map2"
        {
            "max_players"  "10"
        }

"small_map3"
        {
            "max_players"  "8"
        }

//Next, some examples of medium maps. We will limit the minimum and maximum number of players.

"med_map1"
        {
            "min_players"  "6"
            "max_players"  "14"
        }

"med_map2"
        {
            "min_players"  "8"
            "max_players"  "15"
        }

//Next, large maps. Only minimum players are limited.

"large_map1"
        {
            "min_players"  "10"
        }

"large_map2"
        {
            "min_players"  "12"
        }

"large_map3"
        {
            "min_players"  "14"
        }
    }
}
All numbers used are completely arbitrary and are only to serve as an example. In reality, you can use any number of maps, and they can all have whatever minimum and maximum players you want.
Old 11-11-2011 , 20:28   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1995

perfect, thank you so much! However, if we wanted to use some for a variety of sets of players. How would I go about that? Sometimes its a blast to have 16 players on a tiny map if you get my drift!
Nightbox
Old 11-12-2011 , 11:47   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1996

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171197

Add support ?
Old 11-12-2011 , 12:01   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbox View Post
It is being worked on.
Old 11-12-2011 , 12:05   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
It is being worked on.
Awsome, looking forward to.
Old 11-12-2011 , 13:58   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye View Post
perfect, thank you so much! However, if we wanted to use some for a variety of sets of players. How would I go about that? Sometimes its a blast to have 16 players on a tiny map if you get my drift!
In which case you would divide it up like so:
Code:
"umc_mapcycle"
{
    "Small Maps"
    {
        "maps_invote"  "6" //Set this to whatever

//Any other group options go here

"small_map1"
        {
            //Any map options go here
        }

//other small maps...

}

"Medium Maps"
    {
        //Same pattern
    }

"Large Maps"
    {
        //Same pattern
    }
}
If you're using standard map votes (maps appear in the vote) then the "maps_invote" option will determine how many maps from each group will appear. If you use Group or Tiered voting, then you don't have to worry about that option.

Last edited by Steell; 11-12-2011 at 13:59.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-13-2011 , 16:43   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.4 (Updated 10/12/2011)
Reply With Quote #2000

UPDATE PROGRESS:

I have successfully updated UMC's Core module to allow for different vote managers. This means that modules can be written which will completely override the use of SM's built-in voting.

What this means is that I can now write a module to use Powerlord's built-in vote Extension, and it will make a new system such as Visual Voting possible in UMC.

Stay tuned, I'm planning on releasing a BETA of the new version and the built-in vote module this evening.

Last edited by Steell; 11-13-2011 at 16:44.