Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2014 , 07:14   [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm not sure how complicated this process would be but how would I be able to automatically index subplugins for a core plugin and give them a SerialID to easily track them?

As well as Strings for plugin information?
Old 11-15-2014 , 04:24   Re: [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #2

Use the library system?
rswallen
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-15-2014 , 13:11   Re: [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #3

@friagram, I believe the intent is to do it without the use of the library system

@nergal, Its complicated but doable

In the core plugin, you need a native that sub-plugins must call to register and receive an ID (and another to de-register in the event that the sub-plugin unloads). When the registration native is called, store the plugin handle of the sub-plugin with the new ID (suggest ADT array for this) and return the ID:
Spoiler

When the de-registration native is called, look for the plugin handle in the array, and remove it:
Spoiler

If at any time you want to check if sub-plugin is loaded (or if a sub-plugin was unloaded and did not de-register), create something like this:
Spoiler

WORD OF WARNING:
This system relies on all participating plugins being honest (ie returning the correct value in the forward). If a plugin contains a modified forward (such that it always returns true), bad things will happen :s
Old 11-15-2014 , 13:13   Re: [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Use the library system?
ok that actually made me lol but I'm asking this as a serious question as I don't know how and I'm stumped on making it....
Old 11-15-2014 , 13:16   Re: [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
@friagram, I believe the intent is to do it without the use of the library system

@nergal, Its complicated but doable

In the core plugin, you need a native that sub-plugins must call to register and receive an ID (and another to de-register in the event that the sub-plugin unloads). When the registration native is called, store the plugin handle of the sub-plugin with the new ID (suggest ADT array for this) and return the ID:
Spoiler

When the de-registration native is called, look for the plugin handle in the array, and remove it:
Spoiler

If at any time you want to check if sub-plugin is loaded (or if a sub-plugin was unloaded and did not de-register), create something like this:
Spoiler

WORD OF WARNING:
This system relies on all participating plugins being honest (ie returning the correct value in the forward). If a plugin contains a modified forward (such that it always returns true), bad things will happen :s

Thx RSWallen!

I've heard from Bailopan that the natives and forwards system will be removed in the future when the API and Syntax goes into higher phase than now.
What are your thoughts on that? Just curious.
Old 11-15-2014 , 13:21   Re: [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
Thx RSWallen!

I've heard from Bailopan that the natives and forwards system will be removed in the future when the API and Syntax goes into higher phase than now.
What are your thoughts on that? Just curious.
I'm happy with natives/forwards as they are. I can only hope that if/when they are retired, the system that replaces them is just as good.
Old 11-15-2014 , 14:37   Re: [ANY] Autoindexing Subplugins?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
I'm happy with natives/forwards as they are. I can only hope that if/when they are retired, the system that replaces them is just as good.
If I remember correctly, Bail said the natives and forwards stuff was added because of Pawns faulty memory and how inter-plugin communication was corrupting plugin memory? Something like that.