Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!

Post New Thread Reply   

Akuba
Old 08-22-2016 , 04:32   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #651

VSH only has Saxton Hale, CBS, Easter Bunny and Vagineer as Bosses, you cannot add bosses from Freak Fortress 2 to VSH unless you edit VSH yourself and port these bosses.

If you want to use downloaded bosses without editing VSH, you have to use FF2.
Vovka5545
Old 08-22-2016 , 05:11   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuba View Post
VSH only has Saxton Hale, CBS, Easter Bunny and Vagineer as Bosses, you cannot add bosses from Freak Fortress 2 to VSH unless you edit VSH yourself and port these bosses.

ok, thx to answer
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2016 , 16:41   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuba View Post

not anymore, FF2 now has a legit competitor (WITH advantage!)

I solely present VSH v2! (or just VSH2)

What makes VSH2 different from VSH?

VSH2 has actual multiboss support AND allows easy modification and adding of new bosses without too much trouble.

The way it works, to give a distinction from FF2, is that VSH2 uses Event Handling in place of boss configs and rage/ability subplugins.

this allows developers to not only make bosses but make them unique in gameplay and mechanics!

Most importantly, alot of the code for VSH2 has been organized and separated in a special way, thus to add new bosses, all you need is to edit 2 files! You need to edit handler.sp and bosses.sp.
handler.sp actually runs your boss code while bosses.sp includes your boss code into the overall plugin.

other features are that VSH2 has its own INTERNAL SetBoss command whereas regular VSH doesn't have one and FF2 requires an add-on plugin to do so. Not to mention that FF2's SetBoss plugin doesn't save once the map changes. VSH2's SetBoss command saves to cookies, thus you can pick your favorite boss and stick with it unless you want to change it.

VSH2's game state is controlled by a global Singleton instance of the VSHGameMode methodmap

The distinct advantage VSH2 has over FF2 is that VSH2 not only can handle multiplayer bosses but VSH2 can also handle multiple combinations of different bosses.

I can actually have a 3-man boss having vagineer, hale, and hhh jr!

Speaking of multiplayer bosses, I've added a NEW Example Boss called the Plague Doctor!
His purpose is to showcase how to create minion bosses (bosses that create minions)

To aid with creating new bosses, VSH2 provides a horribly coded methodmap interface that makes you want to gag, vomit, and commit sudoku.

Here's the public repository for VSH2 -- https://bitbucket.org/assyrian/tf2-vsh2/src/

VSH2 has the original 5 bosses plus the Plague Doctor built into it. That's 6 built in bosses.

I'd go into depth how to create a new boss but it's better to just follow the 6 example bosses built in.

VSH2 uses OLD vagineer and hale models, if you want to use the news ones then modify the Model Defines for Hale and Vagineer source files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VSH2Beta.zip (178.3 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by nergal; 08-22-2016 at 16:45.
starblaster64
Old 08-22-2016 , 19:06   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
-VsH2 snip-
Isn't this like the perfect time to set up a new thread?
Also, VSH does have a set Hale command, it just applies only to the next boss.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2016 , 19:10   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblaster64 View Post
Isn't this like the perfect time to set up a new thread?
Also, VSH does have a set Hale command, it just applies only to the next boss.
VSH2 has that too under the names "hale_select" and "boss_select"

however, setting what boss TYPE you want is done via "setboss" "sethale" or "ff2boss", etc.

I tried to include as many FF2 and VSH commands as possibility to maintain "psychological compatibility"

Last edited by nergal; 08-22-2016 at 19:14.
starblaster64
Old 08-22-2016 , 20:47   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
VSH2 has that too under the names "hale_select" and "boss_select"

however, setting what boss TYPE you want is done via "setboss" "sethale" or "ff2boss", etc.

I tried to include as many FF2 and VSH commands as possibility to maintain "psychological compatibility"
I think you misunderstood me. VSH has sm_hale_special. Anyway, I've polluted this thread enough with pointless drivel for one day.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2016 , 09:04   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #657

I think he's talking about a command to let players choose their boss, not admins force the next boss.
Old 05-06-2017 , 21:07   RTD
Reply With Quote #658

I can't get the saxton mod to run if RTD isn't in the active plugins. I've tried the úpdated' saxton.smx file that supposedly fixed the bug and also tried placing the rtd plugin in the disabled plugins folder - the server simply won't run the saxton mod without it...
Transit Of Venus
Old 05-09-2017 , 09:26   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #659

I've had this bug on Freak Fortress 2 v1.49 Beta (Shadow's Fork). Hmm...

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
yousoro
Old 12-02-2017 , 05:15   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #660

Any idea on how to modify the hale hp?