12% 

[TUT] Custom Weapon Hud Sprites + Slot Redirection

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
axfalcon
Old 04-24-2016 , 20:51   Re: [TUT] Custom Weapon Hud Sprites + Slot Redirection
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS View Post
WeaponList is sent only one time per player, this means, if you overwrited the default (client) values of WeaponList and then you want them again, you should send the default values to the client for skipping this issue, not hard.

EDIT: For forcing a client to clean his WeaponList values, you can use the m_fKnownItem offset (which offset value is unknown), or use GetItemInfo with Orpheu and send to the player the default values of a single weapon.

For more info, search in the HLSDK.
Can you point me in the right direction please sir? I am looking to change the sprites and am thinking in 2 possible ways.

1. The client downloads my custom sprites to cstrike_downloads/sprites2 folder, and somehow have the server tell the client to execute those instead of normal client sprites.

2. Have the client download a sprites2 folder and extract it to their cstrike folder, and give them an executable that switches the names of the sprites/*.txt files over to reference the new sprites. The executable can toggle the sprites and sprites2 on and off so the user can select with one-click which sprites they want.

Thoughts?

Last edited by axfalcon; 04-24-2016 at 20:52.