Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

nope.avi
Old 01-27-2016 , 22:53   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
IIRC, ANY custom content that you create for Valve games is considered Public Domain...

At least until Valve uses it and slaps a logo on it.
May I ask, where did you find this? I'd like to read on it for further reference. This changes everything on my concept of all this so I'd like to know more about it, thank you

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

As for Waka, it's been nice working with you, we didn't have any problems working together and you gave me credit when credit was due. It's sad to see you leave but since you'll be carrying your work with you elsewhere it's good to know you aren't giving up.

All the best in your future endeavors, if you need some help you know who to call!
Nope.avi
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2016 , 23:24   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

he was an ok guy he would get under my skin at times but we got along ok.

Last edited by RavensBro; 01-27-2016 at 23:36.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2016 , 00:52   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
May I ask, where did you find this? I'd like to read on it for further reference. This changes everything on my concept of all this so I'd like to know more about it, thank you

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

As for Waka, it's been nice working with you, we didn't have any problems working together and you gave me credit when credit was due. It's sad to see you leave but since you'll be carrying your work with you elsewhere it's good to know you aren't giving up.

All the best in your future endeavors, if you need some help you know who to call!
Nope.avi
It's not, read the steam subscriber agreement. It clearly states that it belongs to the person who created it. They may also ask that it be removed from the workshop at any time. The only exception is if they accept it and it is placed into a game (like tf2 hats) where they are allowed to modify it to fit into the game, and that you can not request it be removed or something like that.
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2016 , 07:27   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

lol, i skipped a big show
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2016 , 09:33   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Giggy View Post
I'd just like to add that I am extremely disappointed at the staff of this organization. Even when proven wrong multiple times and with the public's vote against them, they still play favorites and keep a hard working individual's content from being distributed.

If you wish to contact me and discuss this matter further, feel free to add me.
Are you stupid?

This site isn't a democracy; you don't have any rights here. If they say something is deleted, it is deleted and that is the end of discussion. You have no freedom of speech or entitlement on this board. If you don't agree with their decision, then this is not the place for you to be here. If nobody agreed with the SM staff then this forum board would be devoid of any form of activity. The fact that only you two have problems with the staff shows that you are the problem, not the staff.

Reading the posted chat conversation on the OP gave me cancer and AIDs in one lethal dosage... can't imagine how asherkin was putting up with both of your bullshit either. Apparently you people can't think outside the box of whether people are making money from it or not.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 01-28-2016 at 09:41.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2016 , 09:46   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
It's not, read the steam subscriber agreement. It clearly states that it belongs to the person who created it. They may also ask that it be removed from the workshop at any time. The only exception is if they accept it and it is placed into a game (like tf2 hats) where they are allowed to modify it to fit into the game, and that you can not request it be removed or something like that.
wait, they changed the Steam EULA?

So all the maps I make for TF2 are mine and I could say that nobody is allowed to modify them or distribute them? (example question)
Old 01-28-2016 , 10:35   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

When it comes to projects outside of SourceMod coding, i license it under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license 4.0 International.

When I took over development and maintenance of Otokiru's plugins at his request, I kept his name in the author field, as a sign of respect for creating the plugins in the first place.

Ultimately, while each one of us has different viewpoints regarding Copyright and licenses (which we can all agree to disagree), when it comes to Copyrighted portions, it's just best to ask, but if the author is unreachable, at least attribute them.

Sure, there are exceptions that can be considered fair use, but this still requires attribution, regardless.

If you guys remember the incident with a Cirno model p000 posted a while back, the person who ported the model all that asked for was for attribution, or to remove the content if they weren't going to comply with the request. Failing to attribute can easily upset someone.

I'm not sure if Waka is reading this, but remember how angry and upset you were when p000 re-posted an edited version of one of your bosses, not even giving you the original credit for making the boss.

It's the same exact thing, no matter who made it and who posted it or if any changes were made. Just correctly attribute and you will save yourself from a lot of problems (and legal problems too).

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 01-28-2016 at 10:47.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2016 , 15:39   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Bottom line: Credit the work when it is needed or don't even bother posting it at all. This includes anything: Editing configs, modifying plugins, or just reworking textures. A simple "Original work by: Blah" can save alot of headache for both the original creator and the editor.

When something wasn't explicitly posted somewhere and explained as being available for public use then it's important to ask if you can use and reuse it. In the case of this forum, anything posted here is classified under the Creative Commons copyright license, and can be edited and reworked as you like unless the author explicitly wishes you not to.

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 01-28-2016 at 15:45.
DaftPan
Old 01-28-2016 , 16:07   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

R.I.P
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-28-2016 , 18:15   Re: Waka Flocka's Bosses (Removed Leaving Forums Click To Read More)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
In the case of this forum, anything posted here is classified under the Creative Commons copyright license, and can be edited and reworked as you like unless the author explicitly wishes you not to.
No idea where you got that from but it is entirely incorrect.