Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2012 , 17:48   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

So does anybody have the magic config? I am talking about what is the best settings for hale to be "normal"

Things that bother most players is:

- warping players (hale)
- laggy players (hale)
- long range hit registration (hale)

Now i know that long range hit registration is part of the game physics, but perhaps we can reduce the amount. I've got networktools from kyle for choke/lag/etc which will kick some players, but even some players with a ping of 40 can still warp around the map.

Anyhow, i was experimenting with the rates, cl_interp_ratio and updaterate.. because i assume that if you force all the players to have a rate of 30k, and the same update (66?) with same interp ratio and such, at least the difference between most players should practicly be the same which 'should' reduce long rage hits. (it will never be "ok" i know that)

Has anybody else tried such things, if so what are your values? Or do you find your setup is picture perfect when it comes to hit registration and such? Then feel free to share you settings please.

(not trying to invent the wheel here, just checking if it makes a difference)
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2012 , 01:04   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
So does anybody have the magic config? I am talking about what is the best settings for hale to be "normal"

Things that bother most players is:

- warping players (hale)
- laggy players (hale)
- long range hit registration (hale)

Now i know that long range hit registration is part of the game physics, but perhaps we can reduce the amount. I've got networktools from kyle for choke/lag/etc which will kick some players, but even some players with a ping of 40 can still warp around the map.

Anyhow, i was experimenting with the rates, cl_interp_ratio and updaterate.. because i assume that if you force all the players to have a rate of 30k, and the same update (66?) with same interp ratio and such, at least the difference between most players should practicly be the same which 'should' reduce long rage hits. (it will never be "ok" i know that)

Has anybody else tried such things, if so what are your values? Or do you find your setup is picture perfect when it comes to hit registration and such? Then feel free to share you settings please.

(not trying to invent the wheel here, just checking if it makes a difference)
cl_interp 0.015
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.015
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
rate 30000

it also matters if your players have these same settings....

Last edited by nergal; 12-20-2012 at 01:06.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2012 , 04:46   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

@nergal: thats why you want to enforce the same setting to all players, you can do that.

Also, update rate is capped at 66/67 i believe, you cannot do 100 anymore right?
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2012 , 12:26   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
@nergal: thats why you want to enforce the same setting to all players, you can do that.

Also, update rate is capped at 66/67 i believe, you cannot do 100 anymore right?
depends on the server settings and how fast your server is.
Old 12-21-2012 , 05:05   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

I'll take care of the preround rage thing. I'm getting tired of updating for each sniper rifle that comes out, anybody got a list of indices?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2012 , 09:22   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I'll take care of the preround rage thing. I'm getting tired of updating for each sniper rifle that comes out, anybody got a list of indices?
14, 201, 230, 402, 526, 664, 752, 792, 801, 851, 881, 890, 899, 908, 957, 966

The TF2 Item Definitions wiki page has most of them other than the 2 new Botkiller ones. I'll be updating that page sometime today. (Edit: Updated with all the new item indexes)

Having said that, you could check them by classname instead, as all sniper rifles except one are tf_weapon_sniperrifle, and the last one is tf_weapon_sniperrifle_decap.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-21-2012 at 10:49.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2012 , 10:38   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

@flamin: if you could make the "rage" immunity for short circtuit / sniper that is taunting optional via a cvar, that would be appreciated.

Maybe there is some fun thing to do with the new medigun..
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2012 , 11:00   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Be aware that you may experience crashing issues with SourceMod and plugins that manipulate player conditions (like this one) if you're not using SourceMod 1.5.0 snapshot 3719 (released 10 hours ago) or newer.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-21-2012 at 11:01.
goodman854
Old 12-21-2012 , 20:43   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

"Please tell me you can read, and please stop whining."
I wasn't whining I was asking a question about his mod, you know the whole reason the thread exist. Then he insults my intelligence by calling me Illiterate? Yeah that's pretty unprofessional behaviour.

So if you are going to respond to me please don't bother if you are going to be rude like that. I can read. Their was an option before where it poped up saying you are Saxton next would you like to not be? Besides it was all of the players who complained about this dialog. You could have been nice and just told me I misread. Either way I don't find it very effective.
Everyone just spams buttons until it goes away.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2012 , 17:52   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Generalizations like 'all of the players' tend to be untrue. That said, I've had quite a few people tell me the whole "No No Yes No" was quite clever for preventing people just mashing 1 on that dialog. I'm considering making it "Nope Nuh-uh Yes No" or something. Variety is the spice of life.

Powerlord: I could, but then any new (future) Sniper primary that isn't a default reskin has the risk of being horridly OP. I'd rather things be broken and UP than broken and OP.

Snipers and Short Circuits are immune to rage? Since when...? Or should they be?

I was considering making the three ubers on the new Medigun provide various things. One uber provides punch resistance, one provides rage resistance, and one provides.... I don't know. Speed? Superspeed?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-22-2012 at 17:53.
Closed Thread