Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2014 , 19:01   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #31

Lol, someone actually made a skin. Was hoping to see one as mechanized as other bots, but that's pretty unique.

We could also add zombie Hale as a special halloween version, there's a skin for it on gamebanana. Dunno about voices...

But I'm not sure what we should do about adding bosses, as there are people who prefer VSH because it's "vanilla Hale". VSH already splits between just Hale and "Special" bosses... though noone ever really disables the special bosses.

(On my own server I was going to remove one of my bosses unless I could think of a good work around her idea - Nue).
Old 07-16-2014 , 19:25   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #32

code for a shapeshifter boss rage

PHP Code:
public Action:BackToOriginal(Handle:timerany:client)
{
    if (
Special != VSHSpecial_Original && IsPlayerAlive(Hale) && client == Hale)
    {

Special VSHSpecial_Original;

EquipSaxton(Hale);

/* do more code here*/

for (new <= MaxClientsi++)
        {
            if (!
IsValidClient(i)) continue;

StopHaleMusic(i);
        }

CreateTimer(0.1Timer_MusicPlay_);
    }
    else
    {

CloseHandle(timer);

timer INVALID_HANDLE;
    }
    return 
Plugin_Continue;
}
bool:ShapeShift()
{

Special GetRandomInt(04);
    return 
true;

Last edited by nergal; 07-16-2014 at 19:37.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2014 , 19:29   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #33

Couldn't ShapeShift just be

PHP Code:
Special GetRandomInt(04); // Same as GetRandomInt(VSHSpecial_Hale, VSHSpecial_Bunny);
morph = -1

Last edited by Chdata; 07-16-2014 at 19:30.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2014 , 19:38   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Couldn't ShapeShift just be

PHP Code:
Special GetRandomInt(04); // Same as GetRandomInt(VSHSpecial_Hale, VSHSpecial_Bunny);
morph = -1
done.
Old 07-17-2014 , 02:47   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #35

I'm finally able to test stuff on my own computer again.

Finally got around to fixing wearables as well (like with botkiller weapons). Thanks fiagram! Only took me half a year to get around to implementing the fix.

/lazy

I have a few other things to fix/add (see TODO) and that should be the last update for a while really.

Last edited by Chdata; 07-17-2014 at 05:29.
infi
Old 07-17-2014 , 08:41   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #36

Your TODO:

"* Implement Market Garden "backstabs"."
I made it so the weapon is mini-crit and basically raised the crit damage to compensate.

"- In a normal round, a good soldier can get 1k damage without minicrits/crits."

I have no idea how you are going to achieve this, what weapons DON'T crit?

"- Average HP of the 9 classes is 166, so on average this puts soldier at doing a little more work for his "heads" than normal "technically"."

You have to consider that some of his buffs are VERY powerful i.e. Battalions Backup and Buff Banner a group of Heavies. You could relax the rage buildup on Concheror probably.

"* Bushwacka doesn't disable crits."

I recommend you think this one over, now theres no reason not to use Bushwacka.

Last edited by infi; 07-17-2014 at 08:42.
Advokat
Old 07-17-2014 , 10:53   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #37

Couple of festive/bread weapons that were missed: the Festive Eyelander (doesn't increment heads on hit) and the Bread Bite (GRU reskin).
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2014 , 14:46   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by infi View Post
"* Implement Market Garden "backstabs"."
I made it so the weapon is mini-crit and basically raised the crit damage to compensate.
I already have working code I'm going to implement for this.

Quote:
"- In a normal round, a good soldier can get 1k damage without minicrits/crits."

I have no idea how you are going to achieve this, what weapons DON'T crit?

"- Average HP of the 9 classes is 166, so on average this puts soldier at doing a little more work for his "heads" than normal "technically"."

You have to consider that some of his buffs are VERY powerful i.e. Battalions Backup and Buff Banner a group of Heavies. You could relax the rage buildup on Concheror probably.
These dashes were only justifications for the change to Air Strike I was going to make. I also forgot that you can get 200 damage really quickly by meleeing as a soldier so I'm going to put it at 300 or maybe 500 again.

Also lots of weapons don't crit if you are on a server that doesn't use taunt crits / amplifier. I prefer VSH without them because I like Hale that's balanced around not having them. Infact, I think it's OP to have those against an improperly buffed Hale as well - see Voidy's Saxton Hell for example. He has taunt crits, backstab goombas, and amplifier but his Hale starts at 400 speed instead of 340 and hale gets random crits for his melee, which I consider imbalanced in VSH without taunt crits/amp/goomba.

Quote:
"* Bushwacka doesn't disable crits."

I recommend you think this one over, now theres no reason not to use Bushwacka.
I realize that, but I don't consider it too overpowered for the sniper to have really and it's generally more fun for players to have anyway. I considered the loss of 3x damage to be too much against the bushwacka anyway, as it makes it so useless that you may as well not use it.

And sniper is more based on his sniper rifle than his melee weapon. There's little reason to support sniper as being melee based. Similar to getting medics to heal instead of be a battle medic.

It's hard to really make the other knifes useful. One idea I pondered was to make all sniper melees have wallclimb, and then give them different stats, but that's a low priority idea to me because only the bushwacka's model makes any sense for climbing to me cause of the ridged edge.

If anything, demoman needs his shield crits nerfed to minicrits, but that isn't something I want to push because it's become meta and lots of players of VSH would complain and some server owners will probably just revert it anyway. Demoman is one of the most damaging classes with it without as much effort as anything else. I might force this on people some day, but I'm unsure for now.

There's other unused/rarely used weapons I want to address, but I'm still choosing what to give/keep from my private version and the public one. I've updated the TODO in op with some of the stuff I plan to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advokat View Post
Couple of festive/bread weapons that were missed: the Festive Eyelander (doesn't increment heads on hit) and the Bread Bite (GRU reskin).
Noted! Dunno how I missed the bread bits specifically.

Last edited by Chdata; 07-17-2014 at 14:49.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2014 , 15:31   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #39

I suggest you make the Air Strike only count damage from the Air Strike, and not the soldier's damage as a whole. That would make it more balanced.
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2014 , 17:14   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.44 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/16/2014)
Reply With Quote #40

Yeah I was thinking about that too, but I'd have to make a separate damage counter.

... It does make the most sense though, so I think I'll do it.

Last edited by Chdata; 07-17-2014 at 21:54.