Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.

Post New Thread Reply   

thecount
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2014 , 20:29   [SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #1

So, I've received this message before but I don't remember how I fixed it. I also tried searching it on google and here without any luck, so I've come to make a thread about it. Not going to show the source code because it's a private plugin and is as well as over 1000 lines long and I can't single out where the problem is coming from because I have no idea what this error means. I assumed it had something to do with a float being used incorrectly but I searched the code and didn't find such a thing.

Full Error:
Code:
[SM] Plugin fpsports.smx failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.

Last edited by thecount; 07-30-2014 at 21:34.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2014 , 20:55   Re: Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #2

Short answer: the plugin was compiled using the 1.6 compiler but the server is using sourcemod < 1.6: to fix either upgrade the server to 1.6 (my recommendation) or recompile the plugin using the 1.5 compiler.

Generally things don't break like, but there was an under-the-hood change to how floating point values were handled that required some breakage.
Old 07-30-2014 , 21:34   Re: Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
Generally things don't break like, but there was an under-the-hood change to how floating point values were handled that required some breakage.
Alright thanks. I'll try to remember this for future updates.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2014 , 01:43   Re: [SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #4

I wouldn't touch sm 1.6 with a 20 ft pole...
Stick with 1.5 and compile with 1.5
Or use/wait for 1.7
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-31-2014 , 09:56   Re: [SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
I wouldn't touch sm 1.6 with a 20 ft pole...
Why?
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2014 , 13:25   Re: [SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Why?
Because aside from the sdkhooks bugs that didn't get fixed in 1.6, there's the issue with the compiler's float handling.

Best case scenario, I upgrade all of my servers and everything works.
Worst case, It doesn't work on one/some of them, and I'm stuck using 1.5 on some, or some mishmash of plugin/sm versions until it gets resolved.

And for the time being, there is no advantage to upgrade from 1.5, as most of the features that were added are not anything I (or most people) will need to use... At least with the games I run.

Also, I believe there are some issues with the old versions of sdkhooks that never got addresed/fixed (mainly the ability to enable friendly fire and bypass the team restriction)

Last edited by friagram; 08-02-2014 at 13:25.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-02-2014 , 21:09   Re: [SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Because aside from the sdkhooks bugs that didn't get fixed in 1.6, there's the issue with the compiler's float handling.
There was a new bug in SDKHooks in 1.6 that affects a small subset of plugins, but I'm not sure how it could have not gotten fixed in 1.6.0 when it didn't exist until 1.6.0. Note that it's already been fixed in snapshots and the fix will be in 1.6.1.

There is no issue with float handling. You are probably referring with the error message that people are receiving on 1.5.x and older when trying to run plugins compiled against 1.6.x includes. This is normal. If you compile in calls to a native and then don't have loaded the plugin/extension that requires it, an error will be thrown. That has always been the case.

Quote:
Best case scenario, I upgrade all of my servers and everything works.
Worst case, It doesn't work on one/some of them, and I'm stuck using 1.5 on some, or some mishmash of plugin/sm versions until it gets resolved.

And for the time being, there is no advantage to upgrade from 1.5, as most of the features that were added are not anything I (or most people) will need to use... At least with the games I run.
There have been multiple game support fixes for game updates, particularly for CS:GO and TF2, that have not been and will not be backported to the 1.5.x branch.

Quote:
Also, I believe there are some issues with the old versions of sdkhooks that never got addresed/fixed (mainly the ability to enable friendly fire and bypass the team restriction)
Nothing has changed with this in regard to SDKHooks. However, in TF2, yes, the game did change some of the friendly-fire behavior for when OnTakeDamage is called. However, I'm not seeing your point when you claim that it's an issue in old versions when you're trying to mistakenly tell people not to run a newer version.

Last edited by psychonic; 08-03-2014 at 08:31.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2014 , 18:41   Re: [SOVLED] Failed to load: Native "_FLOAT_LT_" was not found.
Reply With Quote #8

You responded to the bug report yourself about ontakedamage. Something to the effect of a variable not being initialized, which was allowing for friendly fire to go through. This was later fixed. However, this is desired behavior for some individuals, so they chose to use that still. I'm not one of them, so I don't.