Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2: Custom Rage Tutorial

Post New Thread Reply   

Petricor
Old 04-03-2020 , 17:36   FF2: Custom Rage Tutorial
Reply With Quote #1

Heyo everoyne i've played FF2 for a while and I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I've been looking around the internet trying to find out a way to create custom rages for bosses in FF2. I'm fascinated at how they work and i've been trying for a long time asking others if they could help find out any way I could learn how to create custom rages.

I already know how to create bosses in ways like their cfg, their materials and sounds, custom animations for them, and more, I made the Hatty Hattington Boss with friends and the rage sucked, but I really need to find a way if I can learn how to create their rages or if there's any sources out there in the internet that you probably know that I don't know, and you can help me out by mentioning it and stuff, i'd really appreciate it!

I'm sorry for sounding ignorant and I know that it's tough to learn, but i've seen some other bosses configs and the way their rages work, so I have a general idea of what I could do if I learn fully how to do it. One of my friends helped link me a video to SourcePawn and i'm already running down the basics with SourcePawn, but the video doesn't really go over how to create custom rages, just the basics of SourcePawn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_y...XHeQnrEdK0Hw-c Will I be able to come up with a way of making my own custom rage after learning all of this? Or Will I know the basics of SourcePawn but not know how to fully develop a boss rage?

I appreciate the help in any way, thanks! -Petri
Batfoxkid
Old 04-03-2020 , 23:22   Re: FF2: Custom Rage Tutorial
Reply With Quote #2

To start off plugins, first need two includes

#include <freak_fortress_2>
#include <freak_fortress_2_subplugin>

This will give you natives, forwards, and stocks and FF2_OnAbility2, OnPluginStart2, and this_plugin_name.

OnPluginStart2 will be called at the same time as OnPluginStart except this_plugin_name is filled with what your subplugin is named.

public void OnPluginStart2()
{
}

FF2_OnAbility2 will be called when a boss uses a rage/lifeloss or every 0.2 seconds for passive abilities.
You don't need to check plugin_name for your plugin as this is checked already.

public Action FF2_OnAbility2(int boss, const char[] plugin_name, const char[] ability_name, int status)
{
}

Going to descriptive Unofficial/1.11 syntax here
You can get ability args in a config anytime via FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
FF2_GetArgNamedS which gets a integer, float, or string respectively.
And example with this would be to check a certain value for a rage.
Code:
public Action FF2_OnAbility2(int boss, const char[] plugin_name, const char[] ability_name, int status)
{
	if(!StrContains(ability_name, "rage_stun"))
	{
		float duration = FF2_GetArgNamedF(boss, plugin_name, ability_name, "duration",  5.0);
	}
}
And this is the general way of making rages.
You can see the include, either Official or Unofficial for what natives do.
Old 04-05-2020 , 21:36   Re: FF2: Custom Rage Tutorial
Reply With Quote #3

you're a saint tysm
Petricor
Old 04-07-2020 , 17:14   Re: FF2: Custom Rage Tutorial
Reply With Quote #4

Heyo so sorry but i got lost at the bottom part, idk what each FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
FF2_GetArgNamedS even does, or where you got those from, and i looked in a lot of freak fortress 2 sp files to see what you were talking about, you said

(You can get ability args in a config anytime via FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
And example with this would be to check a certain value for a rage.)

You said I can get ability args in a config like FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
FF2_GetArgNamedS but I don't have any of those and I tried searching them up And is there any way i'm able to instead of checking how far a rage stun is, spawn like an explosion effect on the boss when he rages? Is there a way I can get an effect code from TF2 or have to code in a way for it to spawn when he rages? I get the starting pluginonstart and stuff, I just wondered if I can create effects around the boss from somewhere, and where i can get the configs GetArgNamedI , F, and S.

Sorry for being rude and not understanding and having to bother you again, but I do sincerely appreciate it much love <3
Batfoxkid
Old 04-07-2020 , 23:00   Re: FF2: Custom Rage Tutorial
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petricor View Post
Heyo so sorry but i got lost at the bottom part, idk what each FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
FF2_GetArgNamedS even does, or where you got those from, and i looked in a lot of freak fortress 2 sp files to see what you were talking about, you said

(You can get ability args in a config anytime via FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
And example with this would be to check a certain value for a rage.)

You said I can get ability args in a config like FF2_GetArgNamedI, FF2_GetArgNamedF,
FF2_GetArgNamedS but I don't have any of those and I tried searching them up And is there any way i'm able to instead of checking how far a rage stun is, spawn like an explosion effect on the boss when he rages? Is there a way I can get an effect code from TF2 or have to code in a way for it to spawn when he rages? I get the starting pluginonstart and stuff, I just wondered if I can create effects around the boss from somewhere, and where i can get the configs GetArgNamedI , F, and S.

Sorry for being rude and not understanding and having to bother you again, but I do sincerely appreciate it much love <3
There's also the older syntax version via FF2_GetAbilityArgument, FF2_GetAbilityArgumentFloat, and FF2_GetAbilityArgumentString