Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

wasder
Old 11-13-2012 , 16:23   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
One thing I've noticed is that not all VSH maps (like vsh_crevice_b5) are posted to GameBanana. Additionally, there are certain arena and koth maps that work quite well for VSH (arena_pool_day, arena_towertop_final, koth_megaman6_b5) that won't be in that list.
Then, it should be a list with links to most of VSH and recommended maps in one place.
Send a message via Skype™ to wasder
x6herbius
Old 11-13-2012 , 16:27   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

I think a map thread would be a good idea. Considering people come here to get the plugin and its updates it would mean more was in one place, even if it did link to GameBanana.

Last edited by x6herbius; 11-13-2012 at 16:27.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
lionheart1066
Old 11-13-2012 , 22:32   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

GameBanana is a lot of hassle to setup which is one of the reasons why I mainly never publish my maps there, plus its not long before its burried among the giant trash submissions that get spammed on the hourly cycle.

A thread here would allow people who are dedicated towards the mapping area of the mod, if you haven't noticed my second post provides maps of mine, werbads and a few other good examples of great VSH maps.

GameBanana and TF2Maps should be used as a means to provide more availability for download but we shouldn't be using that as an outsource. Personally if I can have the approval I can make the map thread as soon as possible which would be the current list I have with anymore additional maps I find, currently looking up some atm.

I also added vsh_megaman6_b4 to my second post.

Last edited by lionheart1066; 11-13-2012 at 22:34.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-13-2012 , 22:41   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart1066 View Post
GameBanana is a lot of hassle to setup which is one of the reasons why I mainly never publish my maps there, plus its not long before its burried among the giant trash submissions that get spammed on the hourly cycle.

A thread here would allow people who are dedicated towards the mapping area of the mod, if you haven't noticed my second post provides maps of mine, werbads and a few other good examples of great VSH maps.

GameBanana and TF2Maps should be used as a means to provide more availability for download but we shouldn't be using that as an outsource. Personally if I can have the approval I can make the map thread as soon as possible which would be the current list I have with anymore additional maps I find, currently looking up some atm.

I also added vsh_megaman6_b4 to my second post.
vsh_megaman6_b4 has been superceded by koth_megaman6_b5 which includes additional stage parts, although you need Stripper: Source to replace the koth_logic with arena_logic and to add koth_ to the list of maps to open doors on.
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2012 , 01:14   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

well everybody, as a man who believes in what I call "Open-Source-i-ness"

here is my edited copy of 1.40!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (saxtonhale.sp - 95 views - 222.7 KB)
Old 11-15-2012 , 09:29   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
well everybody, as a man who believes in what I call "Open-Source-i-ness"

here is my edited copy of 1.40!
Because I'm too lazy to check a diff, what's the difference between it and 1.40?
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2012 , 13:59   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Because I'm too lazy to check a diff, what's the difference between it and 1.40?
different bosses, whole bunch of rebalancing, made telefrag insta-kill by doing 33k damage, turned all health packs into little healthpacks similar to the ammo thing, I turned the sapper into a scout's pistol that shoots nails at 30 damage per nail/syringe.

just ALOT of stuff......

Last edited by nergal; 11-15-2012 at 13:59.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2012 , 17:23   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

So any chance to remove the hale "resistance" after a rage? the SC is pretty much useless after a rage, he has his hands up in the air but he still kills you.. i would expect i need to SC him more often then normal. (instead of not working at all) is this correct?
Old 11-16-2012 , 19:06   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
What's the issue? Also, nice Hexagon Launcher.

Oh, I dunno maybe the fact I get THREE NO OPTIONS!!! That and only yes works or the dialog pops up again. Blind? lol anyways yeah that's what I was talking about. Suppose I should have cropped it for those with narrow vision.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2012 , 19:11   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
So any chance to remove the hale "resistance" after a rage? the SC is pretty much useless after a rage, he has his hands up in the air but he still kills you.. i would expect i need to SC him more often then normal. (instead of not working at all) is this correct?
SC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman854 View Post
Oh, I dunno maybe the fact I get THREE NO OPTIONS!!! That and only yes works or the dialog pops up again. Blind? lol anyways yeah that's what I was talking about. Suppose I should have cropped it for those with narrow vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Patch notes said that I changed up the 'notify Hale next' dialog a bit. Four entries instead of one is what I meant.

I have no idea what I'm doing right now.