Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2013 , 06:58   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
Well, I considered it like nostalgia, where the net benefit is essentially zero. As for big head, you're probably better off disabling it. If you rolled it, the two plugins would fight over setting the netprop. I think my plugin would win! It wouldn't hurt anything or cause any problems besides the effect not working.
I wonder why that particular netprop has to be updated every frame anyway, unlike model scale which is a set-and-forget type of affair.
Old 02-10-2013 , 09:27   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1022

Please, can someone tell me why I am getting the "No valid targets available" message?
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-10-2013 , 10:12   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpah View Post
Please, can someone tell me why I am getting the "No valid targets available" message?
What exactly are you typing? sm_forcertd worked fine when I used it to test. If you were in a server, I would use: sm_forcertd thespah 10

That would give you infinite ammo.
Old 02-10-2013 , 10:15   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1024

Quote:
What exactly are you typing? sm_forcertd worked fine when I used it to test. If you were in a server, I would use: sm_forcertd thespah 10

That would give you infinite ammo.
Ok, I will try it. I'll tell you if it worked.
TheSpah
Old 02-10-2013 , 10:17   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1025

Oh, and before i will forget, should I type my nick or my Steam name?
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2013 , 10:23   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpah View Post
Oh, and before i will forget, should I type my nick or my Steam name?
Whatever name you're using in-game.
Old 02-10-2013 , 10:46   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1027

Thank You, it works now.
Shedletsky
Old 02-10-2013 , 12:35   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1028

Quote:
TF2: Roll the Dice
NEW VERSION 0.4!

Introduction:
This plugin is purely a fun plugin. I had loads of fun playing on a TS server with a roll the dice plugin. Now I've ported it to TF2. It lets a user "roll the dice" by typing rtd in chat to win one of the effects listed below. After a player runs rtd they have to wait a period of time before they can do so again. Everything is configurable. The wait time, the duration of the effect, you can even disable an effect if you wish.

Effects:
Effects are seperated between good and bad. They are:
CVars:
The cvars available to you are:

Config File:
A config file: configs/rtd_effects.cfg is now included to give you more control:

Commands:
Natives:
Natives are available for other plugins in rtd.inc:

• Example: Restricts players rolling the dice to only one team. Red or blue. Uses the cvar: sm_rtd_team 2 // 2 - red or 3 - blu to set the team. download source
    Useful for gamemodes like VSH where you want only one side that can rtd.
Roll The Dice Modes:
There are three different modes (0/1/2) that govern when users can Roll The Dice during the game. Read each one and change sm_rtd_mode to the one you want:
  • 0 : Roll the Dice free for all. Players can roll anytime they want, as long as they don't exceed sm_rtd_timelimit.
  • 1 : Legacy mode. Only one player can roll the dice at a time.
  • 2 : Team limit mode. Only a certain amount of players can roll at a given time, on a given team. Set sm_rtd_teamlimit for your team limit amount. Default teamlimit value is 1.

Translation support! It'll be easier to translate rtd into the language that your server runs on. If you speak another language, please post your translation file. Add your language without replacing/removing the english lines.

Perk suggestion? Go ahead and post here for feedback. No promises! As always, post bugs and errors in this thread so that they can be fixed.

Hope you enjoy this release!

Version History:
Code:
  • v0.4.4 - Fixed arena round logic and tweaked the round detection code. Added a cvar sm_rtd_setup to set whether you can roll during Setup. Default is 1 (yes). - Added two cvars: sm_rtd_dispenser_keep & sm_rtd_sentry_keep to set whether dispensers and sentries spawned during their respective perks will stay after the effect is over. By default the dispensers will stay, sentries will not. (1 and 0). - Added two perks: big head and tiny player. You can set the size by sm_rtd_bighead_scale and sm_rtd_tinyplayer_scale. (Default 3.0 and 0.1 respectively). - Added a cvar sm_rtd_respawn_stuck to set whether the plugin should respawn players if they appear to be stuck after the tiny player or noclip perks. Default is yes (1). - Fixed a bug where deaths by non-player causes did not trigger the RTD effect termination. - Fixed advert on round start showing when the rtd is disabled or when the round isn't ready.
  • v0.4.3.4 - Added a small bug fix to homing rockets.
  • v0.4.3.3 - Fixed powerup canteens not becoming invisible with player perk.
  • v0.4.3.2 - Fixed conflict with the aimbot module of SMAC.
  • v0.4.3.1 - Fixed a small logic bug that caused an error during homing rocket detection.
  • v0.4.3 - Added two good perks: Instant Kills & Infinite Scout Jumps - Changed infinite ammo to include energy weapons & engineer metal. - Changed godmode to default to buddah. Added a cvar sm_rtd_buddah to let you set this value back to before. - Changed how frozen works and set scary bullets attacker to 0.
  • v0.4.2 - Added back the sm_rtd_disabled cvar used to disable certain rtd effects. Update rtd_effects.cfg!
  • v0.4.1 - Fixed a bug where rtd got stuck in the waiting for players period.
  • v0.4 - New effects: sentry/dispenser pop-up, homing rockets, infinite ammo, scary bullets, nostalgia, earthquake, funny feeling, lucky sandvich, infinite charge, timebomb (now hurts enemies), freeze (turns you into an icicle), sauce, and others. Incorporated effects from the old Presents plugin. - Updated to make use of features from the latest version of SourceMod. - Fixed invisibility bugs and made sentries not target invisible players. - Cannibalized timebomb, beacon, and drug code into this plugin to avoid bugs with instant respawn. - Updated to make use of the new chat color possibilities. - Added a description menu so players can learn what each perk does. Chat command: effects - Changed to a chat listener to read chat. Now reads both with the ! in front and without for any chat trigger. - Added the ability to force a specific perk for testing. Requires the perk index in rtd_effects.cfg. - Added new particles and sound for better notification. - Noclip now checks to see if you are stuck and will respawn you accordingly. - Uses SDKHooks for TakeDamage and changes the death icons & weapon_logclassname in the death event. - Added a config file: rtd_effects.cfg to let you set a custom time for a perk or disable any as you see fit. - Added some natives. - Complete code rewrite.
Custom admin menu made by panchoman here.

Install Instructions:
Four steps:
  1. Install SDKHooks.
  2. Place rtd.smx into your plugins/ folder.
  3. Place rtd.phrases.txt into your translation/ folder.
  4. Place rtd_effects.cfg into your configs/ folder.
  5. Restart server.
Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author. i download plugin it won't download
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2013 , 13:10   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1029

Shedletsky,

I recommend editing your post to remove that huge OP from it. We don't need it there.
Secondly, I recommend looking at the bottom of the attachments of that first post, and clicking the rtd.smx file. That is the plugin.
Old 02-12-2013 , 22:39   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4 - NEW!
Reply With Quote #1030

hello,

my question is sooo stupid but i couldnt find it in the posts here...
where do i enter then edit the cvars???
"CVars:
The cvars available to you are:"

in rtd_effects.cfg or the server.cf or somewhere else???
the reason i ask is because i have tried 2 times now to get this plugin working on my server but it just doesnt load... not shown in sm plugins and commands NOT working...
tried both console commands
sm_rtd_enabled 1
sm_rcon sm_rtd_enabled 1
yet still not able to get it working, i had to delete files and reinstall old rtd-0.3.smx

please help
sorry i am an ignorant to this

thank you in advance for the SIMPLE easy answer i dont know

Last edited by VTX1800cc; 02-13-2013 at 01:35. Reason: plugin not working