This plugin simply filters out extraneous chat messages in TF2 (works for other mods). Those include:
Significantly improve the readability of your chat window.
- [TF2] (Voice): (Voice) xxx: MEDIC! (Spy!, Incoming, Help!)
- [TF2] Change class: *You will respawn as Medic or *You will spawn as Medic
- [TF2] Arena max streak: Team BLU reached 3 wins! Teams are now being scrambled.
- [TF2] Arena team resize: Team size is increasing/decreasing to 3 to accommodate the current player count.
- Server cvar change: Server cvar 'sv_tags' changed to alltalk,increased_maxplayers,payload
- Connect: Player xxx has joined the game
- Disconnect: Player xxx has left the game
- Team change: Player xxx has joined team RED
There's a cvar for every message type, so you may choose to not block one. They are all on by default.
- sm_tidychat_on 1 // 0/1 - On/off
- sm_tidychat_voice 1 // 0/1 - Tidy (Voice) messages
- sm_tidychat_connect 0 // 0/1 - Tidy connect messages
- sm_tidychat_disconnect 0 //0/1 - Tidy disconnect messages
- sm_tidychat_class 1 // 0/1 - Tidy class change messages
- sm_tidychat_team 1 // 0/1 - Tidy team join messages
- sm_tidychat_arena_resize 1 // 0/1 - Tidy arena resize messages
- sm_tidychat_arena_maxstreak 1 // 0/1 - Tidy arena team scramble
- sm_tidychat_cvar 1 // 0/1 - Tidy cvar messages
There's a special cvar: sm_tidychat_alltext
that is off by default. Turning it on will block most
text from third-party plugins.
Note: This will not block [SM] messages! There is a perfectly good cvar to do that already! sm_show_activity
You can edit its value in cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg.
Gachl - For the name 'Tidy Chat'. I stole
- Fixed messages that weren't being blocked in TF2.
- Updated to new syntax.
- Uses SetEventBroadcast to suppress events