Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators

Post New Thread Reply   

Geotan
Old 07-15-2015 , 18:05   CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #1

I want the CS:GO teams to only allow 5 players in each, but have 12 player slots so 2 spectators can join and then they can join a team if someone leaves. Is this possible? I've seen it done on some servers.
K.K.Lv
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2015 , 20:52   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #2

Of course you can,
just hook the Join team Pre, and check the team num then return your value

This is my unfinish project, but there was a code to hook join team function
https://github.com/LittleKu/SourceMo...ommandJoinTeam

Last edited by K.K.Lv; 07-15-2015 at 20:54.
Send a message via MSN to K.K.Lv
Mr. Whispers
Old 07-30-2015 , 19:41   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #3

I'm also looking for a way to have a 12 slot csgo server with teams limited to 5 players on each team and the team is full forcing it to be a 5 on 5 player set up.

I've been trying to do this for months I have 8 Pug servers.

posted on different forums and never get a answer anyone know how to do this pls help.

want a 12 slot server for 5v5 csgo and the rest spec slots not 6v6 it always ends up 6v6 no matter what I do
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2015 , 11:39   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #4

Use this plugin for remove the extra spawnpoints and leave only 5 spawnpoints for each team.

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
Mr. Whispers
Old 08-03-2015 , 16:00   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Use this plugin for remove the extra spawnpoints and leave only 5 spawnpoints for each team.
this is a nice plugin i guess besides the fact it must be a lil out of date tho when i put it on my cs:go pug server it dont show spawn points for the one team and keeps crashing the server also it don't save the spawn points I was going to put this on all 8 of my servers + I'd have to do this for each map i have like 10 + maps for each server but it keeps crashing the server. way too much of a hassle. plus it messes up the spawn points i like the random spawn points.

there has to be a way to limit the teams to 5 v 5 with 2 slots open for specs with a 12 slot.
has to be a easier way i've seen it done on other servers but the admins don't know how :/
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2015 , 20:59   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whispers View Post
this is a nice plugin i guess besides the fact it must be a lil out of date tho when i put it on my cs:go pug server it dont show spawn points for the one team and keeps crashing the server also it don't save the spawn points I was going to put this on all 8 of my servers + I'd have to do this for each map i have like 10 + maps for each server but it keeps crashing the server. way too much of a hassle. plus it messes up the spawn points i like the random spawn points.

there has to be a way to limit the teams to 5 v 5 with 2 slots open for specs with a 12 slot.
has to be a easier way i've seen it done on other servers but the admins don't know how :/
A plugin like this include that feature

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
balonfx
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-03-2015 , 21:18   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #7

If you'd like to use a plugin to manage the pugs, and lock the teams when it is live (5v5), I would personally recommend Splewis' pug setups. You can find it on his github here >> https://github.com/splewis/csgo-pug-setup
Old 08-04-2015 , 00:02   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
A plugin like this include that feature
well it seemed to work for the most part. had lots of extra features I didn't really care for. and it was working for the most part but at one point in the game it ended up being a 6 on 4 :/ and teams was locked it said so no one could switch. i mean it does auto switch after 3 rounds tho but still i need to have each time limited to 5 players max the whole game... people got mad and left the game cause of that issue. also the tab score board was glitched @ 00 for some odd reason as well.

http://i.imgur.com/1TXQx16.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9zehMUb.jpg

as far as the other pug setup plugin that works great I have that actually already installed on a 10slot server i use for scrims.

still trying to figure this out where i can have each side limited to 5 players max so i can make the server slots above 10 with out any team stacking above 5 player issues :/
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2015 , 00:56   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #9

You can try this plugin I put together from the teamlocker pugsetup uses. Just add maxteamsize.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins.

There used to be an "exploit" with teamjoins where you could leave your mouse hovering over a team and after 15 seconds it would auto-put you on that team, without sending a teamjoin command. That's why it forces that 15 seconds to 60 minutes. (and the mp_forcetime cvar or whatever sets that 15 second timer is broken)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (maxteamsize.sp - 978 views - 2.5 KB)

Last edited by splewis; 08-04-2015 at 00:59.
Mr. Whispers
Old 08-04-2015 , 04:45   Re: CS:GO Limit Teams to 5v5 but have 2 slots for spectators
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
You can try this plugin I put together from the teamlocker pugsetup uses. Just add maxteamsize.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins.

There used to be an "exploit" with teamjoins where you could leave your mouse hovering over a team and after 15 seconds it would auto-put you on that team, without sending a teamjoin command. That's why it forces that 15 seconds to 60 minutes. (and the mp_forcetime cvar or whatever sets that 15 second timer is broken)
Hmmm do you mean the mp_force_pick_time cvar ? yeah by default its 15 are you saying to set it to 60 or even what i set it to it wont fix that glitch i can try to set it to 60 lol

Anyways dude thanks for this much appreciated !!! its like 5am here so no way to populate the servers now so what i'll do is set the sever slots to 12 slots and install this plugin on my classic pug servers and go to bed hopefully when i wake up i will see them populated and i'll know by then if its working or not with a max team size of 5 from looking over the source you provided with the sm_max_team_size command preset to 5 sm_max_team_size_enabled preset to 1 and with maxteamsize in theory it should work. will report back tomorrow after I check things out.