3% 

tf2items not working after today's update

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:07   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
I know that TF2 items is still being worked on since the update, but is there any particular reason it would be causing crashes when a server enters sudden death mode (with melee). I'm referring to the server cvar, not another plugin.

I ask only because since Friday's update, the only server I'm having an issue with is also the only one I'm running TF2 items on (used with the "No Unlocks" plugin), and it only seems to crash when a round goes to sudden death.
A large number of people have complained about this on the mailing list, the current theory is on it being mp_stalemate_meleeonly. You're the first person to imply a link with TF2Items.
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:24   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
A large number of people have complained about this on the mailing list, the current theory is on it being mp_stalemate_meleeonly. You're the first person to imply a link with TF2Items.
No offense meant - I was skeptical of that being the reason since it is working fine for everything else, I just hadn't seen that particular crash behavior on my two other servers that are using sudden death, so was just trying to track it down (and I must have missed that on the mailing list).
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:25   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
No offense meant - I was skeptical of that being the reason since it is working fine for everything else, I just hadn't seen that particular crash behavior on my two other servers that are using sudden death, so was just trying to track it down (and I must have missed that on the mailing list).
No offense taken, it just seems unlikely (although in the realms of possibility if you're not using the current snapshot). I haven't seen any stack traces so can't really comment on the cause.
Old 07-16-2013 , 17:40   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3th3an View Post
Hi Asherkin,

I was the guy who reported the issue regarding the YER and Headtaker (IE: The removing attributes issue) on IRC. I have just tested build 1.5.3-hg244 of TF2Items and it is still impossible to remove attributes from an item. Adding and modifying of existing attributes appears to work fine.

If there is anything I can do to help expedite the process of narrowing down this bug let me know, cheers for attempting to fix it so quickly.
Seconding this statement on build attempt 1.5.3-hg244. I am able to add and modify existing attributes, but an unable to remove them; even when specifying preserve_attributes or preserve-attributes to be 0.
DragonLight
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 20:52   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

For some reason giving a person a standard wrench, both engie PDAs, and the toolbox the player can no longer build sentries since the update. Was there something that changed in the attributes so players can no longer build with custom engie stuff?
eminemxw88
Old 07-17-2013 , 04:17   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

can add attributes,but can't remove attributes now.
Asherkin,i believe you can do!wait for your good news!
Send a message via MSN to eminemxw88
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2013 , 04:20   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

also confirming that I can add attributes, but cannot remove attributes.
Old 07-17-2013 , 07:22   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

A third confirmation of my old added attributes working. Now going to attempt to be a jerk and 'remove' the old attributes by editting them down to zeros.

On another note, has it become possible to edit the values of the charge-speed of the buff banner/battalions backup/concheror yet?
CoolJosh3k
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-17-2013 , 23:00   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

I think the main thing, is restoring the previous functionality, like the removing attribs feature. I know Asherkin is prolly still working hard to find working solutions for all the things Valve broke.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 07-17-2013 , 23:07   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJosh3k View Post
I think the main thing, is restoring the previous functionality, like the removing attribs feature. I know Asherkin is prolly still working hard to find working solutions for all the things Valve broke.
Yea removing attributes is one of the main reasons I use tf2items. :/
Closed Thread