Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2014 , 09:13   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Either of you redo-ing the plugin -- the big question is will you be sharing it here so others will be ale to use it?
I most definitely am.
Old 04-24-2014 , 10:01   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #302

How Many Nades / Charges per class, just 1 i am assuming.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2014 , 10:13   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
even better, but I'll disclose that here.

atm I'm bugfixing the plugin for release.
Old 04-24-2014 , 12:45   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
Are you kidding me?! I'm almost finished with my beta version for release :\
In all honesty, I've been working on this plugin since the middle of last year. You're a little late to the "TF2 grenades" party But mine has just been a side project that I'll fumble-fuck around with from time to time.

Originally I had everything in one plugin, but what I'm doing right now is having each grenade in its own separate plugin so I can make sure all the functions for each grenade work properly. Once that's done, I can combine them all into one big plugin.

And yes, I will be publicly releasing mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
I think you're asking this question about the TF2NADES plugin, but nonetheless, in my version the amount will be configurable via convar, as will just about everything else (damage amounts, radius of explosions, how many sticks the dynamite pack outputs, etc).

I'm currently looking into setting up a damage ramp-off system, and I was trying to code in a "cooking" system for the grenades so that the longer you "held" the command down (it would've been a +/- command system) the further you threw the grenade to a specific maximum. That system would've also caused some grenades to explode if held too long. Sadly, I'm not good with that engine time code, so I scrapped the idea.

I've also got the oooold leaked TF2 source code standing by which has .cpp and .h files for all the grenades (some are very incomplete). For the most part, the source code gives me an idea of what to set default values for certain things to, plus Valve's commenting in the code lends me a hand in figuring out what each grenade was going to do.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 04-24-2014 at 12:51.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2014 , 15:23   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
In all honesty, I've been working on this plugin since the middle of last year. You're a little late to the "TF2 grenades" party But mine has just been a side project that I'll fumble-fuck around with from time to time.

Originally I had everything in one plugin, but what I'm doing right now is having each grenade in its own separate plugin so I can make sure all the functions for each grenade work properly. Once that's done, I can combine them all into one big plugin.

And yes, I will be publicly releasing mine.
lol nice, I only coded mine up in a week though.

Makes me feel stupid because, we could've done a joint-effort on this but I didn't think anyone was even working on this.

Also, wouldn't it be a better idea to just keep all the grenades as separate plugins so people can make their own custom grenades?

Last edited by nergal; 04-24-2014 at 15:43.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2014 , 00:16   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #306

First off, the current ztf2nades plugin appears to be broken after today's major update. Using snapshot 1.5.4-4805 currently.... anyone else have these working with a different snapshot?

Secondly, these two new modifications of nades -- how are they progressing? Haven't heard anything in about 2 months...

Thank you in advance for your time
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2014 , 11:31   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #307

Quote:
First off, the current ztf2nades plugin appears to be broken after today's major update. Using snapshot 1.5.4-4805 currently.... anyone else have these working with a different snapshot?

Secondly, these two new modifications of nades -- how are they progressing? Haven't heard anything in about 2 months...

Thank you in advance for your time
Mine is "finished" but it ONLY throws frag nades

I got disinterested in making the other grenades since brandnew already worked on them lolz

EDIT: My version is broken from update :\

Last edited by nergal; 06-19-2014 at 12:24.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2014 , 16:10   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
Mine is "finished" but it ONLY throws frag nades

I got disinterested in making the other grenades since brandnew already worked on them lolz

EDIT: My version is broken from update :\
yeah, we really are looking forward to the special (other) nades in addition to the frag nades.... Hopefully brandnew has made some progress and will report here soon.

For anyone with broken ztf2nades plugin - the latest SM snapshot fixed this for me....had updated to the "latest" after the TF2 update but the newest one fixes it now...

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 06-20-2014 at 09:06.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2014 , 20:42   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #309

Quote:
yeah, we really are looking forward to the special (other) nades in addition to the frag nades.... Hopefully brandnew has made some progress and will report here soon.

For anyone with broken ztf2nades plugin - the latest SM snapshot fixed this for me....had updated to the "latest" after the TF2 update but the newest one fixes it now...

If you want, I can still upload the frag-only grenade mod here.
Old 06-23-2014 , 13:02   Re: TF2NADES - 1.0.0.7 (28 Aug 2008)
Reply With Quote #310

fuck it, I'm uploading it anyways.

Here's my grenade plugin.

it ONLY has frag grenades

-but I have some features put into it such as.....
~getting grenades from dispensers
~block/allow for either red or blue team
~uses MOUSE3 to prime+throw grenades (easier to use because no binding of commands necessary)
~allows players to customize their grenade timers using clientprefs.
~grenades are spammable with color changing grenade trails
~grenades use scorch shot particles so you can tell what team they are despite changing grenade trails.
Attached Files
File Type: zip daNadesStuff.zip (986.8 KB, 131 views)