Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2014 , 03:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrys View Post
I don't restart much (I did though), I'm doing changelevels and eventually been trying sm_reloadadmins yeah.
Here is my overrides file.

http://tenrys.montoyo.net/filehost/admin_overrides.cfg

By the way, my overrides for rof and faf/fake related stuff don't work either, any idea why?

Thanks for your help!
If your sm_setspawn override works, then I'm not sure, sorry...overrides have always worked fine for me, and your config seems good.

If you need to, you can recompile the plugins, and that'll almost certainly work to change access. It doesn't take much effort, and I don't update them often
Old 05-15-2014 , 04:38   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #142

Hi everyone~I not already install this awesome plugin in my server,
but I have two question to ask...

1.How can I use this plugin to Store plugin?
I saw Store plugin have "CommandItems" Modules it can add new item with TF2giveweapon,
but how to do it with this plugin?

2.Does the new item can set unlimit/limit in Medieval Mode?

Thanks a lot~
P.S: Sorry for my bad english
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2014 , 10:33   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by doroemon View Post
1.How can I use this plugin to Store plugin?
I saw Store plugin have "CommandItems" Modules it can add new item with TF2giveweapon,
but how to do it with this plugin?
There are natives for giving custom weapons...and with that said, I have no idea why there isn't a "give custom weapon" command built into the plugin. The only issue would be conflicts ("givecustomweapon Annabelle" could cause a conflict, as it's a weapon with two files for two different classes, for example) but I'm sure those could be worked out easily. I'll see about it for the next beta.™

On a side note, please make sure you are not using {clientName} with that plugin.
Quote:
2.Does the new item can set unlimit/limit in Medieval Mode?
Valve appear to have made it into an attribute you can apply to items, because they are nice people. No idea if it works on custom weapons, though, but you can try it if you want:
PHP Code:
"attributes"
{

"allowed in medieval mode"

{

"plugin"    "tf2attributes"
        "value"        "1"

}

If that doesn't work, then perhaps it needs to be applied directly onto the item before it is given:
PHP Code:
"attributes"
{

"2029"

{

"plugin"    "tf2items"
        "value"        "1"

}

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 05-15-2014 at 10:36.
doroemon
Old 05-15-2014 , 13:08   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
There are natives for giving custom weapons...and with that said, I have no idea why there isn't a "give custom weapon" command built into the plugin. The only issue would be conflicts ("givecustomweapon Annabelle" could cause a conflict, as it's a weapon with two files for two different classes, for example) but I'm sure those could be worked out easily. I'll see about it for the next beta.™

On a side note, please make sure you are not using {clientName} with that plugin.Valve appear to have made it into an attribute you can apply to items, because they are nice people. No idea if it works on custom weapons, though, but you can try it if you want:
PHP Code:
"attributes"
{

"allowed in medieval mode"

{

"plugin"    "tf2attributes"
        "value"        "1"

}

If that doesn't work, then perhaps it needs to be applied directly onto the item before it is given:
PHP Code:
"attributes"
{

"2029"

{

"plugin"    "tf2items"
        "value"        "1"

}

Thanks for reply
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2014 , 22:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #145

Thanks for this awesome plugin!

I can't get it to work properly yet unfortunately. Problems:

1.It conflicts with this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=187571. It makes the first person viewmodels red colored. Took some time to isolate the plugin, but after unloading that one it's solved.
2.I'd like to use the plugin on cp_orange_x3 but that map has no resupply room entities. So i can't equip the weapons. Is there a workaround?
3.The models i'm equipping, for instance the .357 is outside my hand. Screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=261401618
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2014 , 23:03   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #146

...No idea about that plugin conflict. m_bGlowEnabled shouldn't be causing that; usually, it's the map's lighting (for some reason) that colours the weapons red/black/other strange colours in certain parts of the map.

As for maps like Orange, I could allow equipping weapons if the player hasn't moved from their spawn very much (and possibly only if the map hasn't actually setup spawn rooms) but at present, selecting "Save" and touching a resupply locker should work, albeit not as well. Sorry about that.

The viewmodel positioning thing happens when your viewmodel FoV differs from...mine (and possibly other things, like screen resolution). I'm lazy and still haven't bothered to try checking viewmodel_fov on clients, and then using math. But that bug will never happen for properly bonemerged models.
BANNED
Old 05-19-2014 , 21:52   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #147

What about the cosmetic items glitching out like ending up with a Scout wearing whatever items you wore as a Heavy, or Botkiller heads left floating in mid-air in front of people when using custom weapons after having a botkiller equipped?

I think I asked you about this already but I don't remember reading a reply xD

Also it'd be nice if someone could work on converting the "change projectile model" attribute from Advanced Weaponiser 2, because I have an idea for a Nailgun weapon that I need that attribute for. I can use the attribute "override projectile type" set to "5" to change the projectile to the Syringe, then use the projectile model to further change it to the w_nail.mdl model

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 05-19-2014 at 22:07.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2014 , 23:16   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #148

some good news; someone on GameBanana is porting HL2 weapons to TF2 - link = http://gamebanana.com/wips/43601
Here's some pics too!

Old 05-19-2014 , 23:24   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #149

Hmm, I forgot about that wearables bug, although when I saw it I didn't think that it was Custom Weapons causing it...it might be. In any case, as friagram says, we're probably going to need RemoveWearable. Lots and lots of RemoveWearable.

Properly bonemerged HL2 weapons? Nice! I'll probably keep an eye on this, then (let me know if it gets released and I appear to have forgotten about it) and me or someone else can set this up as a downloadable pack. I'd like to keep (and hopefully fix up a bit) the shodilly-attached HL2 weapon pack available, for those like me that don't like downloads.

...Downloads. It's been almost 3 months and there's still no "pre-packaged" way to set up downloads/precaches in a plugin called "Custom Weapons". I ought to speed up (read: work on) beta 3.

EDIT: Oh, and on change projectile model: I'll see. I think there's a lot of variance between what certain projectiles use to track things (like, I think for owner, some use m_hOwnerEntity, others use m_hThrower, etc.) so it might be a bit difficult to do...quickly. Maybe. Will see.

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 05-19-2014 at 23:27.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-20-2014 , 02:43   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Hmm, I forgot about that wearables bug, although when I saw it I didn't think that it was Custom Weapons causing it...it might be. In any case, as friagram says, we're probably going to need RemoveWearable. Lots and lots of RemoveWearable.

Properly bonemerged HL2 weapons? Nice! I'll probably keep an eye on this, then (let me know if it gets released and I appear to have forgotten about it) and me or someone else can set this up as a downloadable pack. I'd like to keep (and hopefully fix up a bit) the shodilly-attached HL2 weapon pack available, for those like me that don't like downloads.

...Downloads. It's been almost 3 months and there's still no "pre-packaged" way to set up downloads/precaches in a plugin called "Custom Weapons". I ought to speed up (read: work on) beta 3.

EDIT: Oh, and on change projectile model: I'll see. I think there's a lot of variance between what certain projectiles use to track things (like, I think for owner, some use m_hOwnerEntity, others use m_hThrower, etc.) so it might be a bit difficult to do...quickly. Maybe. Will see.
1. Yeah it is Custom Weapons causing the bug. I don't use any plugins that utilize custom player models or weapon models and I never had this bug before I installed CW2.
2. Reason I'd love a change projectile is because I want to make a nailgun. Better yet, why not make a copy of the Fast Fix projectile attribute and change it to use "w_nail.mdl"?

Also, just found out that the Stun Stick's viewpunch on the enemy attribute doesn't work at all. I was hit by a player using it just now and I didn't get viewpunched or anything.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 05-20-2014 at 03:27.