Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?

Post New Thread Reply   

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 12-07-2007 , 00:51   client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?
Reply With Quote #1

Do any clients stay connected during a map change or are they all disconnected and re-connected? (specifically cs and cz, I assume it's the same for all though)

ie. is client_disconnect called on everyone at the end of a map.

(If client_disconnect is called on everyone, i'd like to block some stuff it calls when the map ends. Thinking of blocking on like SVC_INTERMISSION message.)

Last edited by vittu; 12-07-2007 at 00:53.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
M249-M4A1
I <3 Mac
Old 12-07-2007 , 00:55   Re: client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?
Reply With Quote #2

I think everyone stays connected and if they need to download the map, then they get disconnected and come back (this is what HLSW shows)
Old 12-07-2007 , 01:02   Re: client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M249-M4A1 View Post
I think everyone stays connected and if they need to download the map, then they get disconnected and come back (this is what HLSW shows)
HLSW is not good enough. Try testing a print or something during client_disconnect I bet you see it even if you have all of the next maps resources. I just need to know if this is always the case, this why I need an answer from someone that knows.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-07-2007 , 01:39   Re: client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?
Reply With Quote #4

Pretty sure they will be disconnected every time, like I said in IRC. I did some debuging throw PokeMod for a little bit, and everyone was always disconnected.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
hackziner
Old 12-07-2007 , 03:01   Re: client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Pretty sure they will be disconnected every time
Hum, I don't know if we can really say player are disconnected ...

Althought client_disconnect is called for all player on changemap (sure @ 99.9%).
Old 12-08-2007 , 15:24   Re: client_disconnect called on everyone at map change?
Reply With Quote #6

I believe they reconnect because when I lag during a map change, I get kicked out and it says "Server is full". And yes I already had the map.