Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Need a map?

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 04-01-2007 , 19:07   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #21

Um, that map has absolutely no features of a rollercoaster. None.

Are you sure you posted the right map?
Old 04-01-2007 , 19:09   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #22

Let me check...
Edit:... no... it isn't... I now understand why it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the file... so now I have the wrong BSP and no original... sigh... I have to remake it... oh well... I know what to do so it wont take me as long... the texturing is going to be a pain though... sigh... I'll have it up pretty soon...
fully functional... but I don't know if there is enough spawn space and there are some odd vis errors but try this...
Attached Files
File Type: zip fy_rollercoaster.zip (518.1 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by oneofthedragon; 04-02-2007 at 23:03.
Skissors
Old 04-02-2007 , 09:19   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #23

hoooly crap....
did you not close your maps or somehting? they lag like crazy.
good concept, the rollercoaster pathing needs to be cleaner though because it gets very buggy and eventually starts doing it upside down while shaking

IM BACK
oneofthedragon
Old 04-02-2007 , 13:40   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skissors View Post
hoooly crap....
did you not close your maps or somehting? they lag like crazy.
good concept, the rollercoaster pathing needs to be cleaner though because it gets very buggy and eventually starts doing it upside down while shaking
That is the vis issue... the seeming like it isn't close / can see full map... I think its an engine limitation... the path isn't so buggy as it is random. It really shouldn't go upside down but that, like the shaking is a result of the car going one way and ramming you into the wall, and the game is trying to keep you clipped in, and the ent is trying to push you out... try standing further from the wall... I'm going to see if I can make it a bigger car...

The path is 100% random... i placed the path markers randomly, named them in a random order and placed them at random heights... I wanted it to be good and thrilling as a coaster... =p

Do they all lag? because I never have had any problems... there are no leaks, so that isn't the problem... do they lag at specific places? or overall?
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 04-02-2007 , 15:05   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #25

I'm guessing Skissors wasn't saying the rollercoaster map is like that, as he hasn't had access to it yet. He was saying, please don't make the rollercoaster map like that.
Old 04-02-2007 , 20:26   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #26

Ah... ok... well anyway Brad have you tried the map? Is it what you want? or are you looking for something else? I have another map that I'm going to do that fits well with your concept... I think you'll like it... ill post a version in a few hours...
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 04-02-2007 , 21:19   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #27

I tried the map that you posted, which wasn't a rollercoaster. I didn't like it very much. Seemed a bit laggy and unrefined. Then I went into the huge building, with the ramp leading up to it. Didn't know if or how to get out.

At any rate, that map was too big for my 16 slot server.
Old 04-02-2007 , 23:06   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I tried the map that you posted, which wasn't a rollercoaster. I didn't like it very much. Seemed a bit laggy and unrefined. Then I went into the huge building, with the ramp leading up to it. Didn't know if or how to get out.

At any rate, that map was too big for my 16 slot server.
The one I posted on this page? thats the one that I wanted to show you...

In the other map... you are meant to ride the par in the room before the small tunnel up there and it will take you through there... and where was it laggy? Many people say may maps are extremely laggy but I never see any lag...

EDIT: the map that i meant to post is Fy_rollercoaster... its the one that I accidently had overwritten...

I have a question though... Do you want the coaster as a vehicle, a hazard or both? any of those makes the map very different so I want to make sure before making 100 maps about X when you wanted Y

Last edited by oneofthedragon; 04-02-2007 at 23:10.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 04-03-2007 , 08:43   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #29

WTH. Please don't edit your posts to add relevant content, such as attached files, after people have already posted after it. I never saw that you had attached the file until you just said something.

I'll take a look at it and then post back later.
Old 04-03-2007 , 08:50   Re: Need a map?
Reply With Quote #30

It could be both a hazard and rideable. People inside it shouldn't be able to control it at all, but they can go along for the ride.

Just tried the map. Okay... Are you sure that's the right one? Again, I saw nothing even reminiscent of a rollcoaster. Though there was a sound at the very beginning of each round that conceivably could be like a rollercoaster pulling into a stop.

Further, uh... Neither CTs nor Ts could do anything. You essentially run into a box and that's it. If you try to jump to the ground, you die.

Again, are you sure this is your rollercoaster map?