Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Issue MyBB Store Connector

Post New Thread Reply   

Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2015 , 17:54   Re: MyBB Store Connector
Reply With Quote #11

The thing, that you probably have not understood is, that no developer of a app is writing every single line of code of the app.

I am using PHP Data Objects, to get and update the store credits.
Millions of PHP Apps with billions of Users use PHP PDO an a daylie base, so it is safe to assume that this is quite stable.

The error message you are getting is generated by PHP PDO and NOT THE STORECONNECTOR.

So you just got an error message that was generated by a PHP Extension that is used by billions of users on a daylie base which tells you that the the user you have entered in the configuration does not have access to your db server.

What is more likely ?
* That there is a PHP PDO Bug that you have found and only effects you and noone else
OR
* That you have not entered the correct settings / your mysql server is not configured properly

No, you are wrong, you have not found a bug.

As I have told you in my previous post, and everyone else told you:
FIX YOUR CONFIGURATION. (MySQL Server or DB Connection settings)

A simple google search is to enter the error message (or the relevant parts of it) into google and read the search results.

If I google for: "Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost'", I get one million results, so there is plenty of documentation on how to solve this problem.

By throwing this error message at me via steam, you just showed me that you are not willing to invest some of your own time to research the issue and find a solution for it.
My time is too valuable to research the environment of everyone who is unable to configure his mysql server / his db settings properly and provide him with the proper settings / mysql queries to create a user with the appropiate permissions.

But if you can show me that this error is caused by a bug in the storeconnector, I am happy to provide a fix for it.

Last edited by Arrow768; 01-14-2015 at 17:57.
ShinyRazu
Old 01-14-2015 , 18:59   Re: MyBB Store Connector
Reply With Quote #12

Well it's funny how you make an FAQ on the Store + Panel which already has instructions, so do all store modules. But when it comes to this, all I see is 'Right guys I've finished the first forum integration'.

You said it yourself, putting in "Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost'" gives MANY results most of which aren't the same as my issue, so how the hell am I supposed to know what to do from all the pages of different things. If I was able to do that I would probably have just created my own version of it. You're forgetting people using these plugins aren't always extremely knowledgeable and therefore can't solve these things easily alone...
Quote:
you just showed me that you are not willing to invest some of your own time to research the issue and find a solution for it
You also showed me you release plugins in a rush and then can't be bothered to support them or give any documentation... it's pretty useless giving a plugin with nothing else. As I said, if people could understand these things, they'd probably have made their own private version. You don't even give any info on how I need to edit the .php or if I need to edit it at all... if I knew that MAYBE I would know if & why there is a wrong config. Sure researching can help, but when its a plugin with 0 FAQs, Instructions, etc. then its unlikely.

Honestly if your time is so valuable why didn't you give ANY single little bit of info on this plugin to prevent these problems, and people asking... seems like I'm wasting my time so I'll try to figure it out again which is unlikely to work & probably just end up not using it, which is ashame, great potential gone to waste. Every plugin etc on this forum pretty much has some info about it, yours has none, and while I maybe partially to blame, releasing plugins with no information is not clever either. Good luck to anybody else who may have an issue like this.