Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.

Post New Thread Reply   

Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2014 , 11:28   unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #1

I fixed an earlier issue, columm cannot be null and i fixed it, then i got unknown column "aquire method" in field list.

this is in the FAQ
[Q: I can't buy items from the store: SQL Error on GiveItem: Unknown column 'acquire_method' in 'field list'
A: I had this error with the development branch of store 2.0 after updating to that version while I still had the outdated store 1.1-alpha store.sql installed.

I fixed it by completely deleting my store database (it wasn't live on my servers yet), and importing the most recent store.sql from the developer branch instead. ]

there is a link following to store.sql and i downloaded it. made a new database on that store.sql
connected my panel. added my plugins and items. but i still have the same error.
unknown column aquire method in field list.

annyone else has this problem too?

on the server i got store working on i just got the old store where i cannot give people items thro the webpanel. but trying to get the fresh new one gives me this.
i just tested to give myself an item etc with this version of the store. and it worked flawlessly now to give items and i can equip them. i just cant buy anything yet.

also since if i get this one working im obviously gonna change to this store. does that mean i need to remake all the items again and all users loses their things? im not able to copy paste the old items into the new store somehow? exporting store items and get it into the new one?

Last edited by Robin955; 11-24-2014 at 11:33.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2014 , 08:40   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #2

Please:
* Use quotes
* At least use a capital letter at the start of a sentence
* Use lists if you want to add multiple points

If you follow these simple rules, your post will be much easier to read (and understand)

About the acquire problem: Its in the FAQ (read them and all of them before asking stupid questions)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow768 View Post
Common Errors:
[...]
Error Number: 1054
Unknown column 'acquire_method / flags' in 'field list'
Known as: "I want to use a outdated database"-Error
Also Known as: "Unable to update my stuff"-Error
Caused by: A User who is unable to update his database or who is unable to download the currect version of the store plugin / database
Fixed by (acquire_method): Renaming the column aquire method to acquire method or by deleting the current db and downloading the most recent version of it
Fixed by (flags): Adding the flags column to the database
[...]

Last edited by Arrow768; 11-25-2014 at 08:41.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2014 , 15:27   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #3

Q: I can't buy items from the store: SQL Error on GiveItem: Unknown column 'acquire_method' in 'field list'
A: I had this error with the development branch of store 2.0 after updating to that version while I still had the outdated store 1.1-alpha store.sql installed.

I fixed it by completely deleting my store database (it wasn't live on my servers yet), and importing the most recent store.sql from the developer branch instead.

was my solution., get latest store.sql and i have the 1.1.1 to 1.2 beta already imported.

Fixed by (acquire_method): Renaming the column aquire method to acquire method or by deleting the current db and downloading the most recent version of it
Fixed by (flags): Adding the flags column to the database

and ur solution. exacly the same.

before asking stupid questions please read the FAQ. u funny man. so funneh.

i also get this [Store] No item attributes found.
on mapchanges.
in the steamCMD it looks like this, there was no plugins for the store 1.2 so that cant be the issue can it?

Last edited by Robin955; 11-25-2014 at 15:47.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2014 , 18:23   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #4

You are using a outdated store plugin.
Update the plugin and this problem is gone.

Edit: I have updated the F.A.Q. to include this question

Last edited by Arrow768; 11-25-2014 at 18:28.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2014 , 20:18   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #5

Plugin?

counter strike source and plugins = smx files.

is that what u ment?

i just took this

https://github.com/alongubkin/store/...ipts/store.sql
This is the updated store.sql

and just downloaded all of it. and copy pasted it. but meh no change.

i can try making another database in the phpmyadmin and connect the webpanel to it again.
i mean i can give myself the item using webpanel but i cant buy, on the old store i could buy but not give items from webpanel.
funny how it turned out around.
and if i make a new database do i need to still import the 1.1.1 to 1.2 beta.sql ?

Last edited by Robin955; 11-25-2014 at 20:25.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2014 , 03:47   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #6

Yes, the store plugin is the one you are running on the server.
And thats the one that is outdated.

By now you should have noticed, that store has got three parts:
* The plugin on the server(s) (and the modules that add the actual items to the store plugin(s)
* The WebPanel
* The Database

Last edited by Arrow768; 11-26-2014 at 03:48.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2014 , 10:30   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #7

yea but store 1.2 doesn't contain any plugins from github https://github.com/alongubkin/store/tree/development
that is the one in the Fac saying to be updated one.
and i said i copy pasted all of it into the server aswell. from that download. still its same.
and the store plugins (smx files) i use is the ones from the store release download. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=207157

so, u want me to download the one from alongubs post again?

Last edited by Robin955; 11-26-2014 at 10:38.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2014 , 13:35   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #8

You have to compile the sp files from github to smx files before you can use them

Last edited by Arrow768; 11-26-2014 at 13:36.
yuppicide
Old 11-26-2014 , 18:50   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #9

I had problems with aquire AND acquire.. I forget how, but one thing said the aquire message error, but then something else said an acquire error.. so what did I do? Created two in MySql as the same thing.

I left aquire but also added acquire with the same values. My store has been running fine since.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2014 , 21:52   Re: unknown column "aquire method" in field list, fix did not work.
Reply With Quote #10

yea thats great cause i never vent that much into sourcemod that i never ever compiled anything or know how to.

but il learn it thomorrow. mkay thx.

so in other words, ur saying everyone who wants store 1.2 beta needs to do it?

hahahha opened the compiler in the script folder. i thought u could pick what file to compile after opening it. that was a bad idea, it auto compiled everything. store got fucked. well il just reinstall the store and get the right files and try to recompile.
but then i learned that it looks like each script file knows what SMX it belongs to. ah makes things simple.
good, it works like the bzipper.
lal

Last edited by Robin955; 11-27-2014 at 18:52.