Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 12-Mar-2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

King Cnut
Old 10-20-2014 , 20:15   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
You could edit the translation phrase "Res_Chat_Revived". I left it out mainly because I thought it was redundant on an already long chat message.
Thanks, though I don't see a "Res_Chat_Revived" in my translation folder. Just a resurrect.phrases.txt.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2014 , 20:33   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #52

Yeah, open resurrect.phrases.txt and you will find: "Res_Chat_Revived"
Part-Time Asshole
Old 10-24-2014 , 15:13   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #53

I was wondering, since there have been claims previously, with ar's code being released, how much have they ripped off of your plugin?

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
King Cnut
Old 10-26-2014 , 10:15   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
I was wondering, since there have been claims previously, with ar's code being released, how much have they ripped off of your plugin?
Stumbled upon this last night on the arena:resurrection group and thought it hilarious. The arena:respawn guys are truly upset over resurrection.

Gotta say my respect for the respawn group has completely left the building. They act like a bunch of jealous children making bold accusations. Glad to see Valve promotes a group of bullies.
Old 10-26-2014 , 21:30   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cnut View Post
Glad to see Valve promotes a group of bullies.
To be fair, they weren't acting like bullies until this post AFAIK.

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
King Cnut
Old 10-26-2014 , 22:14   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotortoise View Post
To be fair, they weren't acting like bullies until this post AFAIK.
They became bullies the moment this plugin released and was posted on reddit. They went back and deleted some pretty shameful comments as mentioned in a few pages back. It's been interesting watching the rise and fall of a popular group over something so silly as a concept.
Old 10-26-2014 , 22:20   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
They became bullies the moment this plugin released and was posted on reddit. They went back and deleted some pretty shameful comments as mentioned in a few pages back. It's been interesting watching the rise and fall of a popular group over something so silly as a concept.
Hm, interesting.

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2014 , 10:51   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Stumbled upon this last night on the arena:resurrection group and thought it hilarious. The arena:respawn guys are truly upset over resurrection.

Gotta say my respect for the respawn group has completely left the building. They act like a bunch of jealous children making bold accusations. Glad to see Valve promotes a group of bullies.
Are they forgetting it wasn't open source at the time its clone was created?

Here's the thing: If you make a game mode and make it private, someone else will come along and make a public version if there's a demand for it. Mann Up and deal with it.
Old 10-28-2014 , 11:13   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 19-Oct-2014)
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Are they forgetting it wasn't open source at the time its clone was created?

Here's the thing: If you make a game mode and make it private, someone else will come along and make a public version if there's a demand for it. Mann Up and deal with it.
I don't think they are too keen on reading tbh. The resurrection group even says in their group description that it is not respawn, yet the respawn dolts join the group and whine about it having been stolen and that it's not their game mode. The group owner of resurrection posted the chat log he had with this respawn guy that showed the respawn people calling sourcemod users theives/idiots. Amazingly stupid IMO. It's like a soap opera, a really sad soap opera.

Last edited by King Cnut; 10-28-2014 at 11:14. Reason: Stupid auto correct
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-12-2015 , 18:59   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 12-Mar-2015)
Reply With Quote #60

Fixed broken sounds from today's mp3 update. Update resurrect.phrases.txt as well!