Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HLSW Issues Anyone?

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2014 , 15:40   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilger View Post
It's been a while since they sent their reply and nothing changed. I'm not sure they'll fix anything at all.

The problem seems to be related to their logging system on their end, so I guess solving the app problem with solve the desktop software as well.

There could be an open source alternative to this. I'm sure it would be used by many people.
I'd be happy to develop this with someone, or if there is a repository, at least contribute too. The usage of HLSW is a must when forced to use Windows.
pilger
Old 05-09-2014 , 15:43   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #42

I don't have much experience with any desktop language. Just know a my way with PHP, SourcePawn and a bit of Ruby.

I'd be more than happy to help with anything I can, though. Even if only with the testings.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2014 , 19:32   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #43

God damnit..now I'm having issues and I've not changed a damn thing. I have a few servers that are getting logs and a few that are not. WTF.

Edit:

Now its working....wth!?

Last edited by Horsedick; 05-11-2014 at 11:02.
crasx
Old 05-11-2014 , 11:56   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
I'd be happy to develop this with someone, or if there is a repository, at least contribute too. The usage of HLSW is a must when forced to use Windows.
I was thinking about this too. I believe the reason they require a login and "get log" doesn't work is because of how the logging system works.
AFAIK HLSW issues a logaddress command which tells srcds to log to a remote ip. Since most home users are behind firewalls they would need to port forward to get these logs. The login allows hlsw to create and control a proxy so that these logs can be received around the firewall. I have no idea if this is right. Just guessing

So if we were to make a new foss hlsw this would be the biggest challenge. Something I was thinkin about was a web based hlsw. So you login to a webui and can see the details there. The webui wouldn't be hosted on the server but it could act like that proxy allowing users to get logs. Of course there would be a lot of overhead with running something like this and i'm not sure that it can be open sourced.

If we went with a desktop app we could use QT and just tell the end user to learn how to port forward

either way I'd be willing to work on it

Last edited by crasx; 05-11-2014 at 11:56.
th3dud3
Old 05-11-2014 , 12:08   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Knuckles View Post
If you are having issues viewing logs on hlsw try adding:

logaddress_add YOURIP : PORT (I put spaces in there only to get rid of the damn smiley)

to your server.cfg somewhere. It should send you the logs to you regardless of pressing the "get logs" in HLSW.
This fixed the problem for me.

Thanks a bunch!
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-11-2014 , 17:01   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #46

I've updated my first post for new visitors. The logaddress_add method seems to work for myself and my other Admins, so at least we can still use the log function!
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2014 , 20:13   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #47

That fix sounds rather overkill - won't that just send logs to some other computer(s) 24/7 from then on, even when you're not bothering with it? I might view the logs for 30 mins at a time, I don't want the server to bother itself sending me logs the other 23.5 hours.
Old 05-12-2014 , 14:24   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
That fix sounds rather overkill - won't that just send logs to some other computer(s) 24/7 from then on, even when you're not bothering with it? I might view the logs for 30 mins at a time, I don't want the server to bother itself sending me logs the other 23.5 hours.
Uhm, as far as I know HLSW does the same thing. It connects over the RCON protocol and sends the logaddress_add command to the server. Recently it's not working, because HLSW couldn't determite your public IP and so couldn't run the logaddress_add command property^^
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2014 , 15:28   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytis View Post
Uhm, as far as I know HLSW does the same thing. It connects over the RCON protocol and sends the logaddress_add command to the server. Recently it's not working, because HLSW couldn't determite your public IP and so couldn't run the logaddress_add command property^^
I would hope that once you've pressed the 'Get Log' button it would send a logaddress_add command and, upon closing the application, would send the logaddress_del command to remove it again and avoid unnecessary packets being sent. I would check but I'm much too lazy after work.
Old 05-13-2014 , 15:48   Re: HLSW Issues Anyone?
Reply With Quote #50

It's good practice to have
Code:
logaddress_delall
on the server.cfg. It cleans all the unnecessary connections upon map change. I have this in my server.cfg since HLStatsX:CE documentation told me to.

Last edited by pilger; 05-13-2014 at 16:14. Reason: typo