Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

nomy
Old 07-12-2013 , 16:59   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I quite often get 30 seconds unskippable ads on youtube.
If you use Firefox, try installing AdBlock Plus. It wont show you any ads on youtube videos.
I have been using it for quite sometime now and didnt see any ads on videos before they start etc.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2013 , 17:08   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I quite often get 30 seconds unskippable ads on youtube.

maybe I'm watching the wrong videos then... never seen one that high and not had an issue with skipping thru most of the ones I see. Then again, I don't watch many videos online, just don't have the time.
PBSGTS
Old 07-12-2013 , 22:54   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
It's no different than youtube, communities are able to disable the first connect ad or even reduce the ad frequency to satisfy their users. All these options are available in the control panel.
Longer youtube ads are often skippable, the ones that aren't are not as long as your ads. Even then, many people have an adblocker of some sort. You guys are more like hulu than youtube. Yeah, those are nice and all, but users really don't give a crap. They see pinion, and it's an instant turn off for a lot of people.

You guys said you were going to see about shorter ads, what's the status on that?

Last edited by PBSGTS; 07-12-2013 at 22:59.
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2013 , 14:13   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

No please, if anything increase the duration of the ads. I'd say 1 minute at least so it'll be higher profits for everyone, and also will account for people with slow internet connections.
Old 07-23-2013 , 02:28   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Few plugin updates last few days, v1.12.21 is a highly recommended update as it improves player experience and dynamic duration functionality.

Quote:
Changelog
1.12.21 <-> 2013 7/23
Fixed a case where delay times from the backend would be cached after the first connection

1.12.20 <-> 2013 7/18
Fixed a case where delay queries would not be started
Fixed a case where delay times from the backend could be cached

1.12.19 <-> 2013 7/16
Stop redirecting the page to about:blank before cleanup can be done
Links can be found in Control Panel or the plugin thread

In terms of next on the roadmap

Quote:
CSS - GunGame Mode showing round end only adverts
Extended VIP with alternative URL
HTML MOTD Check - If disabled add text instructions to enable

Last edited by asherkin; 07-23-2013 at 15:23. Reason: Removed names by request.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 07-24-2013 , 02:59   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Official Garry's Mod support is nearly complete, if anyone is interested in beta testing contact [email protected]

Thanks!
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2013 , 18:36   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Arthur don't get me wrong.. I love pinions concept but what kind of team do you guys have where it takes months upon months to fix seemingly small issues.

Seeing as how pinion hosts thousands of servers with valve support I wonder how many coders Pinion actually has to resolve sourcemod based plugin issues.

Just a question I was hoping to hear an answer for.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 07-25-2013 , 22:08   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
Arthur don't get me wrong.. I love pinions concept but what kind of team do you guys have where it takes months upon months to fix seemingly small issues.

Seeing as how pinion hosts thousands of servers with valve support I wonder how many coders Pinion actually has to resolve sourcemod based plugin issues.

Just a question I was hoping to hear an answer for.
The majority of the magic now occurs outside of the plugin, which is why the plugin updates aren't so frequent - they just aren't required. The plugin has matured enough so crashing is no longer a problem.

In terms of features, we try to add as much new functionality inside the control panel, with the two way communication between the plugin and our servers it's now possible to start building upon that.

The Valve servers don't actually need the plugin, everything functions without it as the official server files are different to the public release.
igotfits
Old 08-01-2013 , 21:07   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Me an my team have been running pinion for a long time in the past an never have had an issue with them, but like i posted in the past on page 106 i have felt impressions have been dropping with every update.
Since then me an my team have split up and we run our own groups, i was told with pinion 1.12.21 the impressions are logging in ok. The time leading up to the team splitting up we ran motdplayer for 2 months, our first moth we ran we started about mid month and generated about 140$, they have a high payout of 3$ for 100% completed impressions.
Here is the problem with motdplayer our second month we generated about 280$ and this is where the "red flag" went up for them?
We were sent to the fraud department in june and were still waiting for the clear LOL. Heres the other great part 3 weeks ago we received a message stating we were cleared and will receive payment along with the new month on the 1st, and today on pay day the 1st we receive another message stating "Your June was ruled fraud as it exceeded the networks limit. We are still trying to get an answer if funds will be released."
So if you exceed their limit of impressions you automatically get picked up for fraud? & your waiting 6 weeks already to get an answer back from the networks?
lol this is a joke and will be heading back to pinion n a few weeks.

Last edited by igotfits; 08-01-2013 at 21:13.
PBSGTS
Old 08-02-2013 , 22:30   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotfits View Post
wall of poorly formatted text
Yeah, I was looking at them a while ago. They seemed kind of sketchy.
Closed Thread