Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

moiph
Old 01-05-2013 , 18:00   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #411

I'm seeing cases where this plugin appears to freeze up a server. I haven't found any error logs, but it's very suspicious when on multiple occasions on different servers, I'll see one die immediately after someone types !robot. I don't know what the circumstances are to cause it, as it works in most cases.... but something's amiss
Send a message via AIM to moiph
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2013 , 18:20   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstn7477 View Post
if you set sm_betherrobot_default to 1 and use the admin overrides, do just the authorized clients get the robot models automatically when they join?
Nerp, everyone gets 'em. I could change how the cvar works, though, if you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
Question: If someone were to recompile the robut models with the same bones as the normal TF2 classes would that fix the problem with cosmetics spazzing out into the map's origin? It's a bonemerge problem right?
An average modeller could probably easily fix all the problems...but that would require downloads. I don't want to require downloads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenz0r View Post
Is there a way to be a giant robot?
without resize plugin i mean, they have their own models
I'm probably gonna do a module where you can pick from a list of giants for that class. E.g. Major League Scout, Super Scout. Unless someone else wants to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiph View Post
I'm seeing cases where this plugin appears to freeze up a server. I haven't found any error logs, but it's very suspicious when on multiple occasions on different servers, I'll see one die immediately after someone types !robot. I don't know what the circumstances are to cause it, as it works in most cases.... but something's amiss
No idea, never heard of it doing anything like that. Are we talking about crashes, or hangs?
Also, is Be the Sentry Buster installed, and do these players have access to it? It's crash-y, as discussed earlier.

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 01-05-2013 at 18:20.
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2013 , 18:51   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
No idea, never heard of it doing anything like that. Are we talking about crashes, or hangs?
Also, is Be the Sentry Buster installed, and do these players have access to it? It's crash-y, as discussed earlier.
Sounds a lot like this post I made way back on page 35:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
I haven't fully tested this yet but I think our server crashes if you apply robot to someone else whilst they're taunting. Usually one gets a message if they make themself a robot whilst taunting, but if the above is correct, then the same check isn't applied to others.
Old 01-05-2013 , 19:46   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #414

Can not be merged?
moiph
Old 01-06-2013 , 01:02   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #415

Quote:
Yeah I mean server hangs, not a crash with a callstack that I can find in any logs. And I do have be the sentry buster installed, however, it's restricted to those with rcon access and at the times of crashes no one was using it. And like I said looking at the hang and what was most recently said in chat, !robot was suspiciously there
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2013 , 13:26   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #416

Infinite looooooooooooooooooooooooop...
Check all your loops, XP.

That said, it could be this plugin and another plugin bouncing back and forth infinitely, like Randomizer used to do with regards to class changes + respawns when paired with Zombie Fortress or something.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 01-06-2013 at 13:27.
moiph
Old 01-06-2013 , 17:06   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #417

Actually now that you mentioned it, I did notice the crashes on my randomizer server and saxton hale server, so there is a possibility of a plugin mixture issue (still worth double checking the loops too)
s0undch4s3r
Old 01-08-2013 , 03:38   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #418

I get that bot_eye_glow super spam when using Sentry Buster when I use it just once,

Everybody that brings up their Dev Console can see it too.

Eventually it crashes the server. I wish there was a fix for it. Everybody loves being BUSTER
but I had to turn it off. I love that BUSTER jump feature....awesome!1

Using !robot works just fine.
Leonardo
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2013 , 05:55   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #419

@s0undch4s3r,
Quote:
Ah, is BtR the cause of that? Fak. I'll add that to the OP, along with a temporary client-side fix: record dem;stop in console.

That solves the mystery of why Valve won't fix it, though. I thought it just...happened. Although I could have sworn it happens in MvM too...
Endangered Feces
Old 01-09-2013 , 22:06   Re: [TF2] Be the Robot (1.3, December 22 2012)
Reply With Quote #420

I'm still having the problem of the robot model disappearing after each death. Is this normal? I was hoping the recent update would fix it but it didn't. The robot sounds are still on, just the model reverts back to normal until you toggle !robot to turn off and then again to turn back on.. until you die..