Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-18-2010 , 17:57   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #961

LOL - And the ball gets passed back into my court.

So yeah... I'm going to need a server that I can have full access to and can do whatever the fuck I want to do to it. Anyone want to offer me one? If so, PM me the pertinent information.

Oh. I would like it to test my plugins on.

(I'm not above also using it to play CS with my friends on occasion)
Old 12-18-2010 , 18:33   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

So yeah... I'm going to need a server that I can have full access to and can do whatever the fuck I want to do to it. Anyone want to offer me one? If so, PM me the pertinent information.

You are willing to test galileo plugin or what plugins?
Old 12-18-2010 , 18:35   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Just download one (if you have a spare computer), I have my test servers on my linux box.
Old 12-18-2010 , 19:16   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #964

Quote:
Reading your message in my pm box, you were motivated to update it, so why do you react like if I was saying something surprising?
Old 12-18-2010 , 19:46   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #965

I'm not surprised. It's that most other people thought you were running with it because they were unaware of our back room dealings. So, from their point of view, it was surprising. I was just trying to entertain.

edgaras, Galileo mostly, but I've other plugins that I may or may not work on at some point.
Old 12-19-2010 , 06:35   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #966

I could set up a server for you, full ftp and rcon, sadly no ssh. But my guess is that you would be terribly lagging due to the distance between you and my server.

jsterling
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-19-2010 , 10:03   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #967

Sent you a PM. I can get you setup with one much closer to you.
Send a message via AIM to jsterling
wirehead
Old 12-19-2010 , 15:03   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #968

I appreciate this plugin very much, but was wondering if there could be a mode where players submit a vote with "say #" instead of pressing slot#, since they might be mashing those keys to pick a weapon when the prompt appears.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-19-2010 , 19:45   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #969

I'd like to make clear that even though I'm announcing a preferred way to let Arkshine and me know of issues with Galileo, you can still post here. Just be aware that it's more likely your post will get lost here, simply by the nature of a single thread like this.

I have created a Google Project to facilitate handling issues, documentation, and source code for Galileo.

http://code.google.com/p/amxx-plugin-galileo/

There you can review existing issues, review documentation, and browse the most current source code. If you have a Google Account you can also submit new issues and, for the more technically inclined of you, download the latest source code. I think it will be of great use to you.

Again, you don't have to utilize this resource. You can continue posting in this thread.

I've added all the issues I think I'm going to add right now. Feel free to add your own. However, please stop and think before you do. Compose your thoughts. Don't rush through it. And for heaven's sake, make sure you specify exactly which version of Galileo your submitting an issue against. If you're submitting an issue against the current version as of this post, it'll be 1.1.290. If your submitting an issue against the unreleased source code, it won't be.

It's quite possible that you've posted an issue and I failed to add it to the list there. Add it yourself, if it's something you still want to see addressed. Make sure you give all the pertinent details when you do though, as that's probably why I didn't add it in the first place. It's also possible I just missed it when my eyes glazed over going through page after page of this thread.

If there are any issues that you are particularly interested in, you can "star" them and receive notification when they've been addressed in any fashion. When you star specific issues, it also helps us know which issues are more important for people than others. Not that we'll use that info, but at least it'll be there for us to use if we choose to.

While current source code (the bleeding edge!) can be downloaded from there, please be aware that it's not necessarily server ready. It probably is, but I can always point back here when it isn't to say, "I told you so!".

When there is a public release, it'll be released simultaneously there and here. If you don't ever visit the project site, nothing will be different for you, although you might get linked to there when you ask certain questions.

My current plan is to solicit outstanding issues (which I'm doing here right now) while I work on the documentation for Galileo. Once I'm finished with the documentation, I'll get to work on the issues.

Old 12-19-2010 , 21:29   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #970

Great news, and a very cool decision to host it on Google Code! Project starred and will be poking in now and then

Quote:
Worked for me, amused