carredas
Old 02-07-2010 , 04:48   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #391

And there is no way to add cvar?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2010 , 06:15   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #392

@2.0.0.7: Thanks for the quick response and the fixes despite the fact you donīt seem to have much spare time at the moment? ++++ Karma to you.

My public server:
I left my config file in the folder and unloaded the plugin. Then I put the new plugin in the plugins folder and waited for mapchange where it gets loaded automatically. It loads everything for both teams. Am I the only one having this problem? I really donīt want to edit the .sp file all the time...

1:1 clone of public server (copied server to my pc):
I start the server with an existing config file, without perks loaded yet, then I join server(onclientputinserver, round_start should be executed), start as survivor and leave saferoom with all other 7 bots. Then I activate plugin --> As there is no event that triggers automatic display of the menu after round_start I type !perks and the menu opens --> I see a default survivor perk in each of the 3 trees, but when I press the key to open menu for 1st tree the menu disappears. This happens for 2nd and 3rd tree as well. Every default perk, that gets shown after typing !perks also says "not set". After slaying me and all other bots round_end and round_start takes effect and from this moment on the survivor perks menu works! I did same test again from scratch, this time I chose infected. Their perks work immediately after loading plugin, they donīt need round_end/round_start like survivors did.

So I see 2 problems:
1. On full public server (8vs8, maybe thatīs a problem, if full?) the plugin activates all for both teams when it gets first loaded during map change and it keeps doing this on every subsequent round.
2. On same server, only as local clone with only me playing, it shows 3 survivor perk trees but does not gain me access to them unless there is a round_start event. After first round_end the perks work fine for survivor team. I attached my config file.

There must be an issue with the player count or something related to it. As with only me on the server it works at least after 1 round_start event. But with full server it does what it wants to.
I hope there is a solution for this, as the only way to circumvent this strange behavior is to change all cvars directly in the code to fit my demands, then delete the config file and load the plugin finally.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg perkmod.cfg (22.1 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-07-2010 at 08:05.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2010 , 16:10   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #393

L 02/08/2010 - 196:57: [SM] Native "IsPlayerAlive" reported: Client 8 is not in game
L 02/08/2010 - 196:57: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "Perkmod2.smx":
L 02/08/2010 - 196:57: [SM] [0] Line 7221, Perkmod2.sp::Spirit_CooldownTimer()

02/10/2010 - 01:57:04: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client 16 is not in game
L 02/10/2010 - 01:57:04: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "Perkmod2.smx":
L 02/10/2010 - 01:57:04: [SM] [0] Line 9000, Perkmod2.sp::Tank_ApplyPerk()
L 02/10/2010 - 01:57:04: [SM] [1] Line 8994, Perkmod2.sp::Timer_Tank_ApplyPerk()

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-09-2010 at 20:21.
lekzero
Old 02-09-2010 , 19:45   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #394

The 60000 Hp and survivor goes incap. return like a ghost!!!
I enable hard to kill in the new version of the plugin 2.0.5a and I see the 60000 bug on survivor it's incap occur at least one time.

Pekmod it's the best plugin ever made for l4d.
Mortiegama
Old 02-10-2010 , 09:31   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #395

Is it possible to disable the perks menu and set whatever perks I want before the game loads? I like some of the stuff but I'd like to just have it standard and not have people picking. Sort of like the other plugins where you can have an option to enable and set stats that way I could give multiples of some of these. Would be great!

Last edited by Mortiegama; 02-10-2010 at 12:25.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2010 , 16:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #396

I had same bug with 2.0.0.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekzero View Post
The 60000 Hp and survivor goes incap. return like a ghost!!!
I enable hard to kill in the new version of the plugin 2.0.5a and I see the 60000 bug on survivor it's incap occur at least one time.

Pekmod it's the best plugin ever made for l4d.
lekzero
Old 02-15-2010 , 11:51   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #397

In the old version of this plugin I just disable hardtokill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
I had same bug with 2.0.0.7.
tPoncho
Old 02-17-2010 , 19:56   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #398

Small update - revised the menu code, I think some of the problems encountered were that the plugin was telling players they had perks that were actually disabled, so they were getting shortchanged... I think. Also, fixed Hard to Kill's bug. Didn't think I'd be this busy during the olympics o_O

@ Mortiegama: mmm, it's a good idea for future implementation. Until I actually code it in, though, a work-around is to disable all the perks you don't want and set the force-random-perks cvar, that way you won't get the menu and all.

@ Skorpion1976: revised some ancient code in the menu functions, so hopefully that did the trick with your disabled perks still showing up =P but it seems like the problem's a bit more complicated than what I fixed, so let me know how it goes
Blakeocity
Old 02-19-2010 , 01:22   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #399

Great plugin, I have a few Perk Ideas that I'd like to see implemented, mainly for the lonely infected trees.

Charger Tree
Allow the Charger to pickup and bawl aside incapped infected as seen in Atomics Bulldozer plugin.

Charging distance being doubled, but having a larger warmup time. I don't know how useful CVARs are too you, but I know of these 2. (z_charge_duration)(z_charge_warmup)

Chargers arm being able to smash through doors in one hit, also being able to charge through them.

Charger having 2-3 times as much control of his charge.

Jockey Tree
Jockey being able to dismount as seen here. Infected Release.

A doubled Jockey Pounce?

Spitter Tree
The spit that forms on a Spitters corpse being a lot larger than the really small puddle that appears normally.

Having the Spitters speed go back to normal straight after spitting.

Also, for Twin Spitfire, I think that spit size should be smaller to make it more balanced. If possible.

Survivor Tree
A survivor perk that gains extra clips of Special Ammo (Incendiary/Explosive)
So maybe 3 clips of incendiary, and 2 explosive. From another of Atomics plugins Gun Control.

I know I'm just naming some well done plugins, although it'd be great to see their functionality incorporated as perks.

Last edited by Blakeocity; 03-08-2010 at 20:32.
TDUEnthusiast
Old 02-20-2010 , 00:44   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #400

Sir, I have this problem where typing !perks doesn't open up the menu. Poses a problem where people who just joined my server misses it and can't set / activate their perks.