View Single Post
Batfoxkid
Old 04-04-2020 , 19:46   Re: Client keeps downloading the same files?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevoH72 View Post
First of all, Thank you for your reply.

I'm using the unofficial version (1.19.9)
arg2 is set to 0.2 yet the slowmotion still behaves as if it's normal time speed... Is that fixable? EDIT: batfox, I noticed that it works only when sv_cheats 1 is enabled. hope that might give you some ideas for "why" this is happening..
host_timescale is considered a cheat ConVar which only works when sv_cheats is enabled. ffbat_defaults plugin fixes this by enabling sv_cheats but also preventing players using cheat commands.

Quote:
As for the errors, it is all fixed now. it was the sv_downloadurl that was used incorrectly that caused it all. But loading these files takes too long.. how can I speed up the process for other people who plan on joining? If it has anything to do with ports, then it's okay, because I can setup ports.
If your not using FastDL then speeds are going to be limited without one. If you are using a FastDL server, then it may be the server that's slow or your connection to it.

Quote:
One more thing. One of my boss's abilities uses
"ability3"
{
"name" "special_lifelose_theme"
"plugin_name" "m7_abilities_extended"
}

Yet.... the theme doesn't play... I checked the path. checked the name of the mp3 file. and it still won't play once I lose a life.
Check if you do have the ability setup correctly, eg. ability#, sound_ or you may have to contact M7 about it.