View Single Post
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2015 , 17:03   Re: [Pawn Question] How to set a function as a parameter for a function?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Some of the breaking changes made in the transitional syntax are for supporting that in the future (and suprise, suprise, people complain about the changes).
If I can drag and shoehorn Ethics into this, wouldn't anything that makes it easier and enables further flexibility with sourcepawn better and worth it more than the people who complain about the changes?

Currently, I love the changes. Methodmaps do make it easier to code and it's alot cleaner than before. I don't have to write 'new' every damn time I want to make a simple variable.

Also, I'd really love to know who's complaining because all of these changes are for the better and make Pawn alot more flexible and expressive than before.

My only request in sourcepawn is having structs/classes and pointers but I understand that it'll be some time before they're introduced but they're worth the wait.

I'm assuming that there won't be classes/pointers until the old syntax is removed in order to maintain sourcepawn's speed?

Seriously, I would like to have a long chat with whoever complained and I'd love to know their complaints.

Last edited by nergal; 04-15-2015 at 17:11.