(image by KelpPlankton
Upon joining the server and upon dying, players are forced to play a certain class with 3 select weapons. Suicide and class changing will not re-roll the class and weapons; only being killed by an enemy will.
- rnd_version (1.1): Self-explanatory.
- rnd_enabled (1): Also self-explanatory. This does NOT disable the rnd_fix_* cvars, so if you want to play normally without having to change the CTX files, set this to 0.
- rnd_destroy_buildings (1): Destroys a Engineer's buildings when he respawns as a different class.
- rnd_fix_ammo (1): Properly sets ammo gained from ammo packs, dispensers, and dropped weapons.
- rnd_fix_pyro (1): Slows down Pyro when scoped or spun down.
- rnd_fix_spy (1): Undisguises Spies when using a non-melee attack. Set to 2 to undisguise on all attacks.
- rnd_fix_uber (1): Emulates Medigun for non-Medic classes.
Place Randomizer.smx in tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/
Place randomizer.games in tf/addons/sourcemod/gamedata/
Unzip the CTX files so that the .ctx files end up in tf/scripts/playerclasses/
Keep a backup of your old CTX files!
You will need them if you want to stop using Randomizer.
Randomizer does pretty expensive loops in the OnGameFrame() forward, so if your server becomes a little laggy, try disabling some of the rnd_fix_* cvars. If anybody has any suggestions regarding its optimization, I'll be happy to implement them.
1.2 (08 September 2009)
- Über effects (with addcond / removecond) should actually work now.
- Medigun beam should now aim at the recipient's torso.
- Changed to use randomizer.games for offsets.
- Added a few error-checks.
1.1 (31 July 2009)
- Unified Randomizer and RandomizerFixes.
- Added several cvars; see above for more info.
- Fixed the medigun beam being invisible when not a Medic.
- Fixed gaining ammo from dropped weapons and dispensers.
- Fixed Pyros being able to move during the pre-round freeze.
1.0 (22 July 2009)
- Public release!
- figure out a way to change max ammo without using CTX files
- Wazz for finding the fixed parameters and offsets
for posting the fixed gamedata
and source code
for the addcond/removecond stocks