Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn

Post New Thread Reply   

wylker
Old 06-29-2009 , 21:22   Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #1

If anyone has seen or played this, it's a pretty freaking awesome game mode for fun servers.

Essentially, on each death, you randomly get a class and randomly get your weapon slots filled. You only get assigned weapons you have unlocked, and your class retains all of it's normal stats.

There is a thread about it here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/te...=437678&page=0

The guys that dev'd it are keeping it private (jerks )

I was hoping someone here could reproduce it. I asked on IRC, but no one seemed interested. If necessary, I could probably put a small commission on the project.

Thanks!
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2009 , 21:50   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #2

Im not sure what they used to do it, but theres already a "semi-working" sm plugin done around here that is able to give any class weapons to a player.

All youd have to do is have it randomize a player class upon spawning for each player, then randomize the giving of the weapon.... Im sure someone experienced here could do it easily(maybe they are from here?).
Squirtle
Old 06-30-2009 , 04:02   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #3

I downloaded a class randomizer plugin, but it screws up and if you pick a class, you spawn as a scout but with that class's weapons. I forgot what it was called, but you could also force players to spawn as a class too. Someone could poke around the scripting in there.
Old 07-01-2009 , 18:13   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #4

bump
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 07-04-2009 , 09:40   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1i1FlKSV4&fmt=22

DO WANT.
Seriously
MoI^
Old 07-04-2009 , 13:14   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylker View Post
If anyone has seen or played this, it's a pretty freaking awesome game mode for fun servers.

Essentially, on each death, you randomly get a class and randomly get your weapon slots filled. You only get assigned weapons you have unlocked, and your class retains all of it's normal stats.

There is a thread about it here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/te...=437678&page=0

The guys that dev'd it are keeping it private (jerks )

I was hoping someone here could reproduce it. I asked on IRC, but no one seemed interested. If necessary, I could probably put a small commission on the project.

Thanks!
I spoke to them, and they say they are NOT putting it public untill the test the beta out. They said, that theres a chance of making it public.
Old 07-04-2009 , 16:27   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #7

well there is a plugin that lets you give any player any weapon, but the offsets haven't been updated, so it's broken. If somebody would update the offsets, then this plugin would be possible to make.
Old 07-05-2009 , 03:19   Re: Random Class w/ Random weapons on respawn
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoI^ View Post
I spoke to them, and they say they are NOT putting it public untill the test the beta out. They said, that theres a chance of making it public.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's get our facts straight.

There's only one guy in development of Randomizer, and it happens to me. The BSM guys are only my host.

I don't recall ever speaking to you, but you got semi-correct info. I plan on releasing this eventually, but beta testing will not necessarily be complete when I do.