Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Screenshots in SourceTV

Post New Thread Reply   

pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-02-2009 , 13:53   Screenshots in SourceTV
Reply With Quote #1

Since everyone here is so knowledgeable of the source engine, maybe someone can help me. Let me start off with what I'm trying to accomplish:

I'm trying to make an automated system of taking screenshots in-game and showing them on a website. I just need advice on what process I could use, or whether its even possible.

I've looked over SourceTV and that option might work, but how could I go about converting the .dem file to a jpeg (or any other image) on the server? It needs to be autonomous.

Keep in mind I want to accomplish this using one linux server. Up to the challenge?
Old 01-02-2009 , 13:59   Re: Screenshots in SourceTV
Reply With Quote #2

You'd only be able to take screenshots with a client. So you'd have to connect a client up to a slot on the source tv for your server, take shots and then upload them to your site. Though scripting the camera to take shots at the right time, good luck. Your best bet is probably just covering the main current point and cart or something, it wouldn't be easy to automate.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-02-2009 , 14:06   Re: Screenshots in SourceTV
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the speedy reply. That's what I feared.. Well perhaps I setup a windoze computer and have it take screenshots 24/7. That's possible. As for the positioning issue you brought up, I could just let the auto director ai control the camera for me, right?
Old 01-02-2009 , 16:07   Re: Screenshots in SourceTV
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah, you can use the ai director, it's OK. Not perfect of course but it will probably do the job for you.