Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)

Post New Thread Reply   

koss_4life
BANNED
Old 12-04-2008 , 10:02   Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #1

I saw that the new version has been released:

SO I can use VEN:s plugin: Auto join on connect now?

Do you have fixed the problem with the spawning when you have DM = on ?

You know the problem that some ppl cannot respawn sometimes,

I often see my players writing:

like this:
Code:
*DEAD* lakshu: /respawn
I hope understand what I mean, Im sorry, IM not so good at English

But I cant understand why players sometimes cant respawn eventhough I have all settings correctly, I can post everything here if you want (gungame.cfg, amxx list, amxx modules, meta list , and so on)

CSDM by Bailopan works fine, and everyone can respawn but why does it bug when I use CSDM by Gungame?

Sometimes I cant spawn neither

Last edited by koss_4life; 12-06-2008 at 17:38.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2008 , 14:46   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #2

So are you using CSDM and GunGame together?
koss_4life
BANNED
Old 12-04-2008 , 17:43   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #3

No, I just use the DM from GunGame!

here is my gungame.cfg

Code:
// basic cvars
gg_enabled 1
gg_vote_setting 0
gg_vote_custom ""
gg_changelevel_custom ""
gg_map_setup "mp_timelimit 45; mp_winlimit 0; sv_alltalk 1; mp_chattime 5; mp_c4timer 60"
gg_endmap_setup ""
gg_join_msg 0
gg_colored_messages 1
gg_save_temp 300
gg_status_display 1
gg_map_iterations 1
gg_ignore_bots 0
gg_block_equips 0
gg_leader_display 1
gg_leader_display_x -1.0
gg_leader_display_y 0.0
gg_allow_changeteam 2
gg_disable_money 1
gg_winner_motd 1
gg_afk_protection 0

// autovote cvars
gg_autovote_rounds 0
gg_autovote_delay 8.0
gg_autovote_ratio 0.51
gg_autovote_time 10.0

// stats cvars
gg_stats_file "gungame.stats"
gg_stats_ip 0
gg_stats_prune 2592000
gg_stats_mode 2
gg_stats_winbonus 1.5

// deathmatch cvars
gg_dm 1
gg_dm_sp_time 3.0
gg_dm_sp_mode 2
gg_dm_spawn_random 0
gg_dm_start_random 1
gg_dm_spawn_delay 1.0
gg_dm_spawn_afterplant 1
gg_dm_corpses 0
gg_dm_countdown 2

// objective cvars
gg_block_objectives 1
gg_bomb_defuse_lvl 1
gg_host_touch_reward 2
gg_host_rescue_reward 2
gg_host_kill_reward 1
gg_host_kill_penalty 1

// teamplay cvars
gg_teamplay 0
gg_teamplay_melee_mod 0.33
gg_teamplay_nade_mod 0.50
gg_teamplay_timeratio 1

// gameplay cvars
gg_ff_auto 1
gg_weapon_order "glock18,usp:3,p228:3,deagle:3,mp5navy:4,fiveseven:3,elite:3,m3:4,xm1014:3,tmp:5,mac10:5,mp5navy:4,ump45:5,g3sg1:4,p90:3,galil:3,famas:4,sg550:4,ak47:4,scout:3,m4a1:4,sg552:3,aug:5,m249:3,awp,hegrenade,knife"
gg_max_lvl 3
gg_triple_on 0
gg_turbo 1
gg_knife_pro 1
gg_knife_elite 0
gg_suicide_penalty 1
gg_worldspawn_suicide 1
gg_pickup_others 0
gg_handicap_on 1
gg_top10_handicap 1
gg_warmup_timer_setting 35
gg_warmup_weapon "knife"
gg_warmup_multi 0
gg_nade_glock 1
gg_nade_smoke 0
gg_nade_flash 0
gg_extra_nades 1
gg_nade_refresh 5.0
gg_kills_per_lvl 2
gg_kills_botmod 1.0
gg_give_armor 100
gg_give_helmet 1
gg_ammo_amount 200
gg_refill_on_kill 1
gg_tk_penalty 1
gg_awp_oneshot 1
gg_bots_skipnade 0

// sound cvars
gg_sound_levelup ""
gg_sound_leveldown ""
gg_sound_levelsteal ""
gg_sound_nade ""
gg_sound_knife ""
gg_sound_welcome ""
gg_sound_triple ""
gg_sound_winner "media/Half-Life03.mp3;media/Half-Life08.mp3;media/Half-Life11.mp3;media/Half-Life17.mp3"
gg_sound_takenlead ""
gg_sound_tiedlead ""
gg_sound_lostlead ""
gg_lead_sounds 0.0

// random weapon order cvars (leave blank to disable)
gg_weapon_order1 ""
gg_weapon_order2 ""
gg_weapon_order3 ""
gg_weapon_order4 ""
gg_weapon_order5 ""
gg_weapon_order6 ""
gg_weapon_order7 ""
gg_weapon_order8 ""
gg_weapon_order9 ""
gg_weapon_order10 ""

// valid weapon names for gg_weapon_order:
//
// ak47, aug, awp, deagle, elite, famas, fiveseven, g3sg1, galil, glock18, hegrenade, knife,
// m249, m3, m4a1, mac10, mp5navy, p228, p90, scout, sg550, sg552, tmp, ump45, usp, xm1014
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2008 , 19:29   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #4

What other custom plugins do you have running, and do you play on any custom maps? It's not likely, but it could be that they have a unique way of killing you (vehicles, death pit, etc) that isn't getting caught by GunGame.

Are there any runtime errors in your AMXX logs?
koss_4life
BANNED
Old 12-05-2008 , 11:40   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
What other custom plugins do you have running, and do you play on any custom maps? It's not likely, but it could be that they have a unique way of killing you (vehicles, death pit, etc) that isn't getting caught by GunGame.

Are there any runtime errors in your AMXX logs?

I only have gungame-maps but there are no vehicles or something like that, most of the maps are some type of:

gg_battlefield
gg_simpsonsarena
fy_iceworld

and so on, small maps and not using wad, sprites, .mdl, or something like that

the amxx list, meta list, amxx modules are all fine. no errors at all! I've checked the amxx-logs too, no errors on runtime

I can post that too if you need that information

I dont use so many plugins on my server: Just these:

High Ping Kicker

and

bullet_damage

and HLDS <-> IRC -plugin

Thats all I use. If you need more information, I can give you! Thanks in advance mate!

EDIT: I found something very interesting here:

These codes are from plugin: "respawn forever" by Geesu : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...hlight=respawn

PHP Code:
/* Spawn the player twice to avoid the HL engine bug */

set_task(0.5,"player_spawn",72,parm,1)

set_task(0.7,"player_spawn",72,parm,1
The question is: Could it be the "HL engine bug" that causing this problem?

And my question is: Bailopan's CSDM is working fine, is that because CSDM use its own modules? csdm_amxx.dll right?

Last edited by koss_4life; 12-06-2008 at 17:37.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2008 , 00:09   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #6

I have no clue what would be causing it. The code from the plugin that you linked used an old, deprecated method of respawning players, so the bug wouldn't apply here. All that I could advise would be to use CSDM or another respawn plugin if those seem to work for you.
koss_4life
BANNED
Old 12-08-2008 , 07:51   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
I have no clue what would be causing it. The code from the plugin that you linked used an old, deprecated method of respawning players, so the bug wouldn't apply here. All that I could advise would be to use CSDM or another respawn plugin if those seem to work for you.

Is that ok to have Bailopans CSDM enable and The GunGame DM-mode enable too?

Or are they going to conflict each other? What do you think? No crasch if I have both modes enable?
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2008 , 17:42   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #8

You are welcome to try having both of them enabled, but I would recommend only using one at a time.
addam
Old 01-23-2009 , 20:35   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #9

I have this problem to with the Napalm & Gasnades plugin.

If a player dies with the napalm or gas (deathmessage is player1 killed player2), there are no respawning.

Gungame.cfg

Code:
; GunGame AMXX 2.12

// basic cvars
gg_enabled 1
gg_vote_setting 2
gg_vote_custom ""
gg_changelevel_custom ""
gg_map_setup "mp_timelimit 45; mp_winlimit 0; sv_alltalk 0; mp_c4timer 35; mp_freezetime 0.0"
gg_endmap_setup ""
gg_join_msg 1
gg_colored_messages 1
gg_save_temp 300
gg_status_display 1
gg_map_iterations 1
gg_ignore_bots 0
gg_block_equips 0
gg_leader_display 1
gg_leader_display_x -1.0
gg_leader_display_y 0.0
gg_allow_changeteam 1
gg_disable_money 1
gg_winner_motd 1

//bot
gg_kills_botmod 1
gg_bots_skipnade 0

gg_afk_protection 1

// autovote cvars
gg_autovote_rounds 0
gg_autovote_delay 6.0
gg_autovote_ratio 0.51
gg_autovote_time 10.0

// stats cvars
gg_stats_file "gungame.stats"
gg_stats_ip 0
gg_stats_prune 2592000
gg_stats_mode 1
gg_stats_winbonus 1.5

// deathmatch cvars
gg_dm 1
gg_dm_sp_time 2.0
gg_dm_sp_mode 2
gg_dm_spawn_random 0
gg_dm_start_random 0
gg_dm_spawn_delay 2.0
gg_dm_spawn_afterplant 1
gg_dm_corpses 1
gg_dm_countdown 2

// objective cvars
gg_block_objectives 0
gg_bomb_defuse_lvl 2
gg_host_touch_reward 2
gg_host_rescue_reward 1
gg_host_kill_reward 2
gg_host_kill_penalty 6

// gameplay cvars
gg_ff_auto 1
gg_weapon_order "glock18:2,usp:2,p228:2,deagle:3,fiveseven:2,elite:2,m3:2,xm1014:2,tmp:2,mac10:2,mp5navy:2,ump45:2,p90:2,galil:4,famas:4,ak47:5,m4a1:5,scout:2,sg552:4,aug:4,awp:4,g3sg1:5,sg550:5,m249:4,hegrenade:1,knife:1"
gg_max_lvl 3
gg_triple_on 0
gg_turbo 1
gg_knife_pro 1
gg_knife_elite 0
gg_suicide_penalty 0
gg_worldspawn_suicide 0
gg_pickup_others 0
gg_handicap_on 1
gg_top10_handicap 1
gg_warmup_timer_setting 30
gg_warmup_weapon "knife"
gg_warmup_multi 0
gg_nade_glock 1
gg_nade_smoke 1
gg_nade_flash 1
gg_extra_nades 1
gg_nade_refresh 20
gg_kills_per_lvl 2
gg_give_armor 100
gg_give_helmet 1
gg_ammo_amount -1
gg_refill_on_kill 0
gg_tk_penalty 4
gg_awp_oneshot 0
gg_teamplay 0
gg_teamplay_melee_mod 0.33
gg_teamplay_nade_mod 0.50

// sound cvars
gg_sound_levelup "sound/gungame/smb3_powerup.wav"
gg_sound_leveldown "sound/gungame/smb3_powerdown.wav"
gg_sound_levelsteal "sound/gungame/smb3_1-up.wav"
gg_sound_nade "sound/gungame/nade_level.wav"
gg_sound_knife "sound/gungame/knife_level.wav"
gg_sound_welcome "sound/gungame/gungame2.wav"
gg_sound_triple "sound/gungame/smb_star.wav"
gg_sound_winner "sound/mirage/belalucky.mp3;sound/mirage/belacrazy.mp3;sound/mirage/belaonly.mp3;sound/mirage/belaghost.mp3"
gg_sound_takenlead "sound/gungame/takenlead.wav"
gg_sound_tiedlead "sound/gungame/tiedlead.wav"
gg_sound_lostlead "sound/gungame/lostlead.wav"
gg_lead_sounds 0.8

// random weapon order cvars (leave blank to disable)
gg_weapon_order1 ""
gg_weapon_order2 ""
gg_weapon_order3 ""
gg_weapon_order4 ""
gg_weapon_order5 ""
gg_weapon_order6 ""
gg_weapon_order7 ""
gg_weapon_order8 ""
gg_weapon_order9 ""
gg_weapon_order10 ""

// valid weapon names for gg_weapon_order:
//
// ak47, aug, awp, deagle, elite, famas, fiveseven, g3sg1, galil, glock18, hegrenade, knife,
// m249, m3, m4a1, mac10, mp5navy, p228, p90, scout, sg550, sg552, tmp, ump45, usp, xm1014
plugins
Code:
02:31:25 Currently loaded plugins:
                name                    version     author            file             status   
          [  1] Admin Base              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     admin.amxx       running  
          [  2] Admin Commands          1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
          [  3] Admin Help              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
          [  4] Multi-Lingual System    1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
          [  5] Menus Front-End         1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
          [  6] Commands Menu           1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
          [  7] Players Menu            1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running  
          [  8] Teleport Menu           1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     telemenu.amxx    running  
          [  9] Maps Menu               1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
          [ 10] Admin Chat              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
          [ 11] Anti Flood              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
          [ 12] Info. Messages          1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
          [ 13] Admin Votes             1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  
          [ 14] NextMap                 1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     nextmap.amxx     running  
02:31:25  [ 15] Nextmap Chooser 4       3.3         AMX Dev & KWo     mapchooser4.amx  running  
          [ 16] TimeLeft                1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
          [ 17] Pause Plugins           1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     pausecfg.amxx    running  
          [ 18] Stats Configuration     1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     statscfg.amxx    running  
          [ 19] StatsX                  1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     statsx.amxx      running  
          [ 20] GunGame AMXX            2.12  Avalanche         gungame.amxx     running  
          [ 21] Rate Manager            1.2         Marach            rate_manager.am  running  
          [ 22] AFK KiSSS               2.5.2       Isobold & Cheesy  afkkicker2.amxx  running  
          [ 23] BombSiteRadar-OFF       0.2.16      iG_os             BombSite_Radar.  stopped  
          [ 24] AdminListen             2.3x        /dev/ urandom     adminlisten.amx  running  
          [ 25] Join/Leave Message      1.2         BigBaller         join_leave.amxx  running  
          [ 26] Descriptive 'Fire in t  0.1         VEN               descriptive_fir  running  
          [ 27] Prometheus              0.13        Avalanche         prometheus.amxx  running  
          [ 28] Parachute               1.3         KRoT@L/JTP10181   amx_parachute.a  running  
          [ 29] Breakable Doors         1.1         Ryan              breakable_doors  running  
02:31:25  [ 30] GasNades                2.0.0       ConnorMcLeod      amx_gasnades.am  running  
          [ 31] CS Stats-html           0.16        Kindzhon.126.com  cs-html2.amxx    running  
          [ 32] Map CFG                 1.0         MistaGee          mapconfig.amxx   running  
          [ 33] MOTD mangement          1.4.0       EKS               motdm.amxx       running  
          [ 34] Weapon Model + Sound R  1.3         GHW_Chronic       GHW_Weapon_Repl  running  
          [ 35] GHW Objective Messages  2.0         GHW_Chronic       GHW_Objective_M  running  
          [ 36] Exec                    1.0         ToXiC             amx_exec.amxx    running  
          [ 37] Admin Check             1.51        OneEyed           admin_check.amx  running  
          [ 38] Sank Sounds Plugin      1.6.3       White Panther, L  sank_sounds.amx  running  
          [ 39] Fix Echo Sounds         1.0         Throstur          soundfix.amxx    running  
          [ 40] Autoresponder/Advertis  0.5         MaximusBrood      ad_manager.amxx  running  
          [ 41] Vehicle Kills           1.25        Damaged Soul      vehiclekills.am  running  
          [ 42] Flashbang Dynamic Ligh  0.20        Avalanche         flashbang_dligh  running  
          [ 43] Death Info Beams (Spac  0.9         ManOrAstroman     deathbeams.amxx  running  
          [ 44] Pump Knockback (when s  1.0         v3x & Chronic     pump_knockback.  running  
02:31:25  [ 45] High Ping Kicker        1.2.0       DynAstY           pinger.amxx      running  
          [ 46] Police!                 1.1         Anssik            amx_police.amxx  running  
          [ 47] Jump Kick               1.2         Hawk552           jumpkick.amxx    running  
          [ 48] POD-Bot MM Quota Contr  1.0 RC 1    KWo               amxx_podbot_ctr  running  
          [ 49] Map Armouries Invisibi  0.2         VEN               map_armouries_i  running  
          [ 50] T move hossies          0.3         JGHG              t_move_hossies.  paused   
          [ 51] Team Alert              0.0.1       allenwr/ConnorMc  teamalert_ct.am  running  
          [ 52] SOUND DOWNLOAD MANAGEM  1.3         EJL               sound_download_  running  
          [ 53] CVAR Guard              1.0         29th ID           amx_cvarguard.a  running  
          [ 54] Automatic Unstuck       1.5         NL)Ramon(NL       stuck.amxx       running  
          [ 55] ST Vote                 1.0         Toster v2.1       alltalk.amxx     running  
          [ 56] Spawn Creater           1.2         Hawk552           spawn_creater.a  running  
          [ 57] Napalm Nades            1.2         MeRcyLeZZ         napalm_nades.am  running  
          [ 58] ATAC                    3.0.1       ATAC Team         atac.amxx        running  
          [ 59] Slap                    1.1         ATAC Team         atac_slap.amxx   running  
02:31:25  [ 60] Slap2One                1.1         ATAC Team         atac_slap2one.a  running  
          [ 61] Slay                    1.1         ATAC Team         atac_slay.amxx   running  
          [ 62] Spawn Slay              1.0         ATAC Team         atac_spawnslay.  running  
          [ 63] Jail                    1.1         ATAC Team         atac_jail.amxx   stopped  
          [ 64] Bury                    1.0         ATAC Team         atac_bury.amxx   running  
          [ 65] Glow                    1.0         ATAC Team         atac_glow.amxx   running  
          [ 66] Timebomb                1.1         ATAC Team         atac_bomb.amxx   running  
          [ 67] Blind                   1.0         ATAC Team         atac_blind.amxx  running  
          [ 68] Rocket                  1.0         ATAC Team         atac_rocket.amx  running  
          [ 69] Drop                    1.0         ATAC Team         atac_drop.amxx   running  
          [ 70] Fire                    1.0         ATAC Team         atac_fire.amxx   running  
          [ 71] Drug                    1.0         ATAC Team         atac_drug.amxx   running  
          [ 72] Bad Aim                 1.1         ATAC Team         atac_badaim.amx  running  
          [ 73] Hud Messages            1.1         ATAC Team         atac_hudmsg.amx  running  
          [ 74] Team Attack             1.0         ATAC Team         atac_ta.amxx     running  
02:31:25  [ 75] ATAC Commands           1.1         ATAC Team         atac_cmds.amxx   running  
         75 plugins, 72 running
But in GG 2.11 we never find this bug.
Send a message via MSN to addam
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2009 , 00:02   Re: Problem with the respawning (DM = ON)
Reply With Quote #10

addam: You're right, there is a bug that stops players from respawning when killed in the way that those plugins kill them, although I'm not sure why 2.11 wouldn't have had the same problem. I'll have it fixed in the next version, but in the meantime here is 2.12 with the bug fixed. Thanks for reporting it.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (gungame.sma - 650 views - 211.4 KB)