Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Hardware help

Post New Thread Reply   

TheNewt
Donor
Old 04-23-2008 , 15:26   Hardware help
Reply With Quote #1

I request help, my PC sucks so badly right now. For the last 4 months (as some of you may know) it has been crashing, randomly. This is a hardware related issue as no matter what OS I use, or what program I am running it will have a problem.

The problem that occurs, is generally one of the following:
-BSOD, Memory can't be read. - Happened while my computer was idle for more then 5 minutes, and happened again after I tried to defrag the harddisk. Defragged for about 10 minutes before it crashed with a BSOD.
-Loading up 1 CPU, it will overload one CPU with all processes while the other 3 are at 3%, the 1 core will be at 70%+. Kind of irritating, random core as well not always the same one.
-Randomly freezes up and doesn't continue working at all, ever. Even after waiting for 2 hours. I left my computer on for 2 hours to see if this freeze would unfreeze. No luck there.
-Randomly freezes up but gives back user control momentarily and then freezes again. Happens at interims of approximately 1 minute each. Frozen for 1 minute, access for 1 minute. Rinse and repeat, until completely frozen and unable to unfreeze.
-Harddisk has now failed, and doesn't always boot up. Post-back says "Harddisk not detected" blah blah. If I am lucky the machine will get past this.
-Harddisk file system check, continues onto windows boot up screen. Doesn't crash here, just this happens sometimes.
-Windows boot up screen (With the window in the middle and the loading bar right underneath it), doesn't even leave this screen. The loading bar continually moves, occasionally pausing in its track but then continue. Even after several hours, it doesn't get past this screen.
-Boots up into desktop, can't click anything. Mouse works for moving around, still can't click anything however. Also, the keyboard is unresponsive (and can't ctrl+alt+del). Basically the machine is frozen but at least I can move the mouse!!

Basic specs.
HardDisk: Single 500gb SATA harddisk. One partition.
Ram: Dual Channel DDR 2 667MHz
CPU: Q6600
Mobo: Asus Maximus Formula
Graphics: GeForce 7950 GT

Anyone have any idea what the problem possibly could be?
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2008 , 16:20   Re: Hardware help
Reply With Quote #2

pchelpforum.com
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2008 , 02:46   Re: Hardware help
Reply With Quote #3

RMA!