Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

???

Post New Thread Reply   

barcielx
Old 12-08-2005 , 07:38   ???
Reply With Quote #1

dont can post plugins in hl2\plugins???????

because..?

sory my bad english
jeanlepail
Old 12-08-2005 , 14:01  
Reply With Quote #2

maybe a bug !

PS : Say :"I can't ....." not "Don't Can !"
Send a message via AIM to jeanlepail Send a message via MSN to jeanlepail
lunatic00
Old 12-08-2005 , 14:42  
Reply With Quote #3

after using those plugins to draw attention to this site for a year now, they are booting them out so this site will only be about source meta mod plugins.

It was the old bait and switch, it only took them a year...

Now they will try and force those non S:MM plugins to S:MM, but I see those other plugins are much better then anything that has come out of S:MM

I guess S:MM is the next best thing to sliced beard, I mean wow look what can be done with it, it has a great admin mod that can do everything the non S:MM plugin cant, oh wait it doesn't...

With the track record of dedication to projects and the willingness they have to just pop projects on the shelf for a year or so at a time, their out right contempt for valve that you can read in posts hear.

What I see coming now that this S:MM will be pushed, Valve is going to break it every chance they get.

One thing any may not know, As stated by Alfred, the main reason behind the crippling of the sdk in some arias, was to stop the silly re mods of it's games, they did not want super hero & WC3 mods of CSS. Valve felt they should be not re mod-ed, and if people wanted to make such mods they should build their own instead of piggy backing them on top of someone else's mod and changing that games play so much.

So for all the bitching and complaining about the SDK, they seem to forget to mention to everyone, that it was done that way to stop all the silly re modding of Valve games that many of the people here are all about.

So if you're looking for a stable admin mod for admin-ing the game you wont find it as a S:MM plugin, if you want funky plugins to change the game play of Valve games then your in luck with source meta mod plugins
jeanlepail
Old 12-08-2005 , 16:13  
Reply With Quote #4

I HATE VALVE !!! !!! !!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! and STEAM
Send a message via AIM to jeanlepail Send a message via MSN to jeanlepail
BAILOPAN
Old 12-08-2005 , 16:56  
Reply With Quote #5

lunatic00 was born with a cup of toasted raisins for a brain but his parents didn't love him any less.

I'm open for discussion about anything but I won't pander to flames like this.
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2005 , 16:58  
Reply With Quote #6

lol, i agree!
Send a message via MSN to tcviper
cybermind
Old 12-08-2005 , 17:27  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic00
after using those plugins to draw attention to this site for a year now, they are booting them out so this site will only be about source meta mod plugins.

It was the old bait and switch, it only took them a year...
SourceMM hasn't been out for a year.

Quote:
Now they will try and force those non S:MM plugins to S:MM, but I see those other plugins are much better then anything that has come out of S:MM
Because SourceMM hasn't been out as long as the standard plugin interface. People who started coding for that are more used to it, why switch when not neccesary?

Quote:
I guess S:MM is the next best thing to sliced beard, I mean wow look what can be done with it, it has a great admin mod that can do everything the non S:MM plugin cant, oh wait it doesn't...
See above. It's near-trivial to port a server plugin over to SourceMM. Making a whole new project to reach the level of another in a short amount of time is tough, and there's no need to since the original exists. (Also, lol at "sliced beard")

Quote:
With the track record of dedication to projects and the willingness they have to just pop projects on the shelf for a year or so at a time, their out right contempt for valve that you can read in posts hear.
Track record:
  • AMXModX
  • SourceMod
  • SourceMM
Two out of three ain't bad, and SourceMM was born from SourceMod. Let's not forget that two very large codebases exist for SourceMod (core1 and core2).

Quote:
What I see coming now that this S:MM will be pushed, Valve is going to break it every chance they get.
That's Valve's problem.

Quote:
One thing any may not know, As stated by Alfred, the main reason behind the crippling of the sdk in some arias, was to stop the silly re mods of it's games, they did not want super hero & WC3 mods of CSS. Valve felt they should be not re mod-ed, and if people wanted to make such mods they should build their own instead of piggy backing them on top of someone else's mod and changing that games play so much.
As proved by countless CS servers and now some CS:S servers, gameplay changes like this are very, very popular. Preventing them from working is just harming Valve.

Quote:
So for all the bitching and complaining about the SDK, they seem to forget to mention to everyone, that it was done that way to stop all the silly re modding of Valve games that many of the people here are all about.
A lot of server plugins use some of the same hacks that SourceMM uses. Updates intended to break SourceMM can and will break the server plugins too.

Quote:
So if you're looking for a stable admin mod for admin-ing the game you wont find it as a S:MM plugin, if you want funky plugins to change the game play of Valve games then your in luck with source meta mod plugins[/color]
As I said above, it's near-trivial to port a server plugin to SourceMM.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-08-2005 , 17:52  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
well i guess they FAILED!!!

SuperHero Script
http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1314

WarCraft 3 Script
http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1166
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2005 , 17:53  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
...deleted the long post, you can read it above...
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2005 , 18:10  
Reply With Quote #10

Don't feed the trolls

I prefer SourceMM. Why? Why not. The code to change a hl2 plugin to a sourcemm plugin is easy. Very, very easy. Sourcemm basically moves all the hacks the plugin had to do into one central place. This means you no longer have to worry about writing them, and if one of them stops working, you don't have to worry about fixing it.

SourceMM has evolved from metamod, its no longer something that needs you to update after every mod release. If plugins for it are designed correctly, they won't need to update either. There's also a nice inter-plugin communication system, which I plan on using.. I won't tell you what for yet, but it's coming.

What are the downsides to sourcemm? Server admins have one more binary to download -- but this is nothing major, they have been doing this in HL1 for years. Many of them know a lot about HL1's metamod, and sourcemm isn't that much different.