Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Feature Request for PTBx (Closed)

JCap334
Old 08-22-2005 , 16:59   Feature Request for PTBx (Closed)

It seems since people are having issues with PTBx in windows (Im using linux luckily) a new version might be released soon. I ask of you XAD that you fix this issue:

Example, The stronger team has 1 less player, lets say 11vs12, and the team with 11 players is dominating the larger team but PTBx wont make a single switch unless teams are even or winning team has 1 more player. Please make it so PTBx will switch 2 players even if winning team has less players. ETB would do that but ETB sucks! Other than that I LOVE your plugin Thanks!
JCap334
Old 09-23-2005 , 12:43  

XAD, are you still alive? I'm surprised how long this went without a reply....
XAD
Old 10-15-2005 , 19:44  

Hmm, so you want to a variable to allow changing even if winning team has less player?? Think it could be fairly easy to implement but not sure if it would work or cause more problems...

/X

PS! We do not run a CSS server anymore and I haven't even been playing CSS for some time, so this type of changes would be hard for me to test...
JCap334
Old 10-16-2005 , 01:52  

I run a very popular Linux based 28 player, 66 tick CSS server in Texas called NOOBS Paradise where I run PTBx

72.36.151.84:27015

Actually I have seen it on occasions swap players even if winning team was 1 short. I guess if the smaller team gets insanely strong it does a switch.
XAD
Old 10-16-2005 , 08:42  

Hmm, I read the code again and team switch will occur if winner team is "stronger" and has equal or less players than loosing team. If winner team is bigger than loosing team a player will be moved from the winning team to the loosing one.

Just make sure you allow team transfer of alive players or there will be no players moved from the winning team unless one of the "good" players are killed. ("PTB_DEADONLY" set to "no", "0", or "2".)

Note! If only bad players in the winning team can be transfered PTBx decides that it won't even out the teams, as a team with many but poor players will not be even against a small team of elites (and it's quite a high risk that players on the loosing team will disconnect).

/X
JCap334
Old 10-20-2005 , 13:38  

Hey, XAD, I figured it out! This is how I made PTBx very aggressive and effective on my server and it's working out perfectly. With this config, it will switch a better player from a smaller, winning team, to the bigger losing team. here is my ptb.cfg, obviously the values I've changed are the ones not with //
-------------
//====================
// PTBx Configuration
//====================

//-----------------
// To disable PTBx, uncomment only following line
// NOTE! Use server command "plugin_pause" to pause
// the MbrXS plugin and all it's modules.
//-----------------
//ptb off

//------------------------
// Team Selection Control
//ptb limitjoin on
//ptb limitafter 0
//ptb limitmin 0
ptb maxsize 28
//ptb maxdiff 2
ptb autorounds 0
ptb wtjauto 25
ptb wtjkick 50
ptb kick off
//ptb savewtj off

// Team Balancing Actions
//ptb switch on
//ptb switchafter 0
//ptb switchmin 3
ptb switchfreq 0
//ptb playerfreq 3
//ptb forceswitch 3

// switch dead only (0:no, 1nly, 2:dead first)
ptb deadonly 0

//----------
// Messages
//----------
ptb tellwtj off
//ptb announce on
//ptb sayok on
//ptb typesay on

//----------------------
// Team Strength Limits
//----------------------
ptb maxstreak 1
ptb maxscore 1
//ptb scorehist 0
ptb minrating 1.2
ptb maxrating 1.6
ptb superrating 2.4
//ptb maxincidents 50
//ptb scaledown 2
//ptb initvalue 5
p@tneze
Old 10-21-2005 , 05:37  

One question: How can it work perfectly if you comment "ptb switch on". There is no team balance in that case ?????
XAD
Old 10-21-2005 , 08:08  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patneze
One question: How can it work perfectly if you comment "ptb switch on". There is no team balance in that case ?????
In my configuration files I have most often put the settings and their default values as comments... (all except "//ptb off" in this case)..

/X