Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Problem with a plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Dyaus
Old 02-22-2022 , 14:20   Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #1

i have a problem with a knife menu plugin running normally on offline CS 1.6 with bots but if i try to test it on HLDS server a certain knife stops(then crashes) the server with error logs due to one cvar ( i think this is non steam so i don't think it's supported here that's why i'm asking if i should post this problem at all before posting details )

in case it is ok to post this problem here i will edit this post later with details of the problem.

in case it is not i will leave my discord id and email down below if someone wants to help ( alternatively you can also leave any form of contact information in replies and i will reach out to you )

Discord : Dyaus#6674
email : [email protected]

p.s to mods: if this is not supported here please don't delete the post in case someone decides to reach out to me in private . thanks
thebest24
Old 02-22-2022 , 16:05   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaus View Post
i have a problem with a knife menu plugin running normally on offline CS 1.6 with bots but if i try to test it on HLDS server a certain knife stops(then crashes) the server with error logs due to one cvar ( i think this is non steam so i don't think it's supported here that's why i'm asking if i should post this problem at all before posting details )

in case it is ok to post this problem here i will edit this post later with details of the problem.

in case it is not i will leave my discord id and email down below if someone wants to help ( alternatively you can also leave any form of contact information in replies and i will reach out to you )

Discord : Dyaus#6674
email : [email protected]

p.s to mods: if this is not supported here please don't delete the post in case someone decides to reach out to me in private . thanks
you should post the error
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2022 , 16:22   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #3

1. You need to attach the plugin if you want to solve your problem.
2. If you need a request you should post in this sub-forum Suggestions / Requests

Bank System [Nvault - SQL Support]
VIP System
  • If you think it's that simple, then do it yourself.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2022 , 23:12   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
i think this is non steam so i don't think it's supported here that's why i'm asking if i should post this problem at all before posting details
Huh, how do you know know if your server is non-steam? If you know it's non-Steam then why post here since you obviously know it's not supported here.

Quote:
Well, that doesn't make sense. If it's not allowed here and the post is left up, that would constitute support.
Old 02-23-2022 , 07:29   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Yes this is non steam so i won't post error/plugin here , thanks for telling me @fysiks . i will go with second option and reach out privately to those who want to help .
@Supremache and @thebest24 if it doesn't bother you too much please leave a way for me to contact you in another reply (or contact me through dc or email from original post)

Quote:
Well, that doesn't make sense. If it's not allowed here and the post is left up, that would constitute support.
fair enough , if it gets removed , it is what it is .
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2022 , 14:08   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #6

If the problem has nothing to do with the server being non-steam, you could've simply not mentioned anything about that and posted the plugin normally.
Old 02-23-2022 , 16:27   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
If the problem has nothing to do with the server being non-steam, you could've simply not mentioned anything about that and posted the plugin normally.
:/ that's the problem , the plugin only shows this error log when i use it in a (HLDS which comes as a package with non-steam CS ) so i don't know what to consider this as or if the server being non steam even has any relevance to this problem. in any case i'll post a bit of the problem down below maybe it can be solved idk.

this is a part of error log in case you're curious what it is :
Code:
L 02/23/2022 - 22:12:50: Invalid CVAR pointer
L 02/23/2022 - 22:12:50: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "zp_knife_menu3v4.amxx")
L 02/23/2022 - 22:12:50: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "get_pcvar_num")
L 02/23/2022 - 22:12:50: [AMXX]    [0] zp_knife_menu3v4.sma::client_PostThink (line 2229)
scipt only displayed 4 errors from debug for these lines :

PHP Code:
g_cvar_lefthand get_cvar_pointer("cl_righthand")
isRight get_pcvar_num(g_cvar_lefthand) ( this is from the client post-think one)
2 other errors same as one above just in diffrent functions 
i think the problem is that in offline gameplay cl_righthand value can be retrieved normally but once i open a HLDS test server and test it there it can't retrieve the value maybe ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2022 , 23:14   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #8

Here's an idea: Use a legal version of HLDS, it's free to download, see here. Never add Non-Steam support and then you never have to worry that it's related to Non-Steam.

Last edited by fysiks; 02-23-2022 at 23:17.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2022 , 13:47   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
g_cvar_lefthand = get_cvar_pointer("cl_righthand")
That's just dumb coding and nothing more. The type of server has nothing to do with this error.
Whoever made that plugin is trying to read a client cvar by using a function that reads server cvars.

That part of the code can't possibly work so you should be worried if you're NOT getting errors, and not if you're getting them.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 02-24-2022 at 13:47.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Dyaus
Old 02-24-2022 , 16:44   Re: Problem with a plugin
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
That's just dumb coding and nothing more. The type of server has nothing to do with this error.
Whoever made that plugin is trying to read a client cvar by using a function that reads server cvars.

That part of the code can't possibly work so you should be worried if you're NOT getting errors, and not if you're getting them.
actually when you put it like that it makes sense , i was wondering how the cvar would change for 32 players at the same time if it's not executed on each id , that also explains why it works offline but not online . Thanks @OciXCrom i'll make another post right now in suggestions/request to look for a better way to retreive this cvar