Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Instant Polymorph (multi mod)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
axelnieves2012
Old 08-28-2016 , 02:31   Instant Polymorph (multi mod)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, this is only a simple modification of Polymorph 1.1.2... Credits to Fysiks.

This modification, allows admins to inmediatelly change current mod and/or map during game, without having to wait "mp_timelimit".

FEATURES:
[#] Removed timelimit waiting.
[#] Removed voting waiting.
[#] Removed some restrinctions that dont allow to invoke "change mod menu".
[#] Can be called as much as you want (sometimes other menus are shown when Mod-menu was already running and it get lost (example: weapon menu). This is not a problem now.)
[#] It doesnt self execute when timelimit is about to be reached.

How to use? Just type amx_votemod, and a Mod menu will be shown only to you.
If you want to abort, just choose "NONE" option and nothing will happen.

After chosing a mod, a map menu will be shown, inmediatelly.
After you choose a map, round will end inmediatelly and changelevel() command will be called.

Link to original Polymorph: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111535
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (polymorph_instant.sma - 716 views - 27.1 KB)
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2016 , 11:10   Re: Instant Polymorph (multi mod)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelnieves2012 View Post
Hello, this is only a simple modification of Polymorph 1.1.2... Credits to Fysiks.

This modification, allows admins to inmediatelly change current mod and/or map during game, without having to wait "mp_timelimit".

FEATURES:
[#] Removed timelimit waiting.
[#] Removed voting waiting.
[#] Removed some restrinctions that dont allow to invoke "change mod menu".
[#] Can be called as much as you want (sometimes other menus are shown when Mod-menu was already running and it get lost (example: weapon menu). This is not a problem now.)
[#] It doesnt self execute when timelimit is about to be reached.
Hello @axelnieves2012,

Basically looks like these things are not features, but broken functionality. If you just want to remove some stuff randomly, post your modification at the fysiks' Polymorph original thread.
Read this sub-forum rules: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=21956

If you want to create a new plugin submission, there are a few options:
  1. If you want to, you may ask fysiks if he let you take over the plugin support, and for it, provide backward compatibility to the original plugin, if you do not like something, efficiently create cvars to toggle them on the 'amxx.cfg' file. There are already two approved multi-mod managers out there I know of. Keep them in mind: Polymorph: Mod Manager, Multimod Plugin.
  2. Create something really new and not is already out there on the current approved plugins. Do not create something which is 90~70% similar to what is already out there. For it, post your modification at that current plugins submission thread. That is: to make a totally new multi-mod manager, based on Polymorph and to no reinvent the wheel it's okay as long you name it differently and that there are enough major changes to be considerate different of the original. Then you could do what you want with it.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 08-28-2016 at 11:13. Reason: misspelling
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2016 , 14:04   Re: Instant Polymorph (multi mod)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Hello, this is only a simple modification of Polymorph 1.1.2
You changed relatively little of the code but I certainly wouldn't call it a "simple modification", maybe not even a modification, more like a desecration. Polymorph is an end-of-map voting plugin based on mapchooser (the original).

Quote:
If that is all that you were doing then you didn't need to change anything: Use amx_nextmod to set the next mod. Change the map with amx_map or amx_mapmenu. Done.

If you wanted to remove the end-of-map vote entirely, you could easily add a fourth mode that simple doesn't start the map vote at the end of the map.

Then, if you wanted a menu-based way to change the mod/map (an augmented amx_mapsmenu) then you could easily add a new function that does just that without destroying the plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
If you want to, you may ask fysiks if he let you take over the plugin support
I am slightly offended that you think that I would even consider such a thing since he just destroyed the core functionality of the plugin (and did it poorly).

Last edited by fysiks; 08-28-2016 at 14:05.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2016 , 14:18   Re: Instant Polymorph (multi mod)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I am slightly offended that you think that I would even consider such a thing since he just destroyed the core functionality of the plugin (and did it poorly).
Sorry for it, I was like a robot writing randomly. So I was not considering any more information beyond a general situation handler, i.e., writing a text which should be valid for anyone else out there willing/thinking about take over a plugin support. Then it was not directed to you specifically, but to everybody else as a general way of speech. Of course words itself just do not means anything, but if you can understand it was not directed to you specifically, I think it would to do the difference.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-08-2020 , 06:21   Re: Instant Polymorph (multi mod)
Reply With Quote #5

Looks like you mostly removed features and added a bit of code, which is not nearly enough to be considered for approval.